• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most addicting game?

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Sorry if this is already a topic; I searched high and low but couldn't find one like it that hadn't expired.

ATM mine is Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire. I'm a big sucker for pinball games in general and I've never been able to put one down once I get into it. Mario Kart Wii is up there too, but I can't play it for more than ten minutes or so unless I'm playing with friends or over WiFi.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    There are several cases of that.
    I remember when my brothers and I were nuts about World of Warcraft (from Blizzard). It was so addicting that we eventually quit on it, for we didn't want it affecting our lives. It probably remains as the most addicting game in history (in my opinion; I've never seen anything surpass it).
    I agree with you on Mario Kart Wii. It's a lot of fun! The Wi-Fi mode works great!
    Pokémon itself can be addicting as well. It all depends on how much you play it. I'm still loving it and it will remain that way for a looooong time!
    I also love playing this new real-time strategy game called "League of Legends". It's not the most addicting game ever, but still terrific to play!
    You should try it if you want to.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I would have to say Left 4 Dead and Sonic Adventure 2... And the old Tomb Raider games that Crystal Dynamics didn't screw up.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I think Puyo Pop is I can play it for ages.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    PC: MineCraft
    Console: GoldenEye 007
    Handheld: New Super Mario Brothers DS / Mario Kart DS

Just when you think you've enjoyed all that you can of MineCraft, it drags you right back to create a new world to tear apart..

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Metroid Pinball was always addictive to me. When the Nintendo DS first came out, I remember the Walmart display had this game in it all the time, and I almost bought it just because of how addicting it was.

Harvest Moon, Viva Pinata, and The Sims are all addictive as well. I'm grouping them together since they're all similar. Anyway, they're simple games where you just watch after animals/people and grow crops and such, and idk. Just keeps me playing.

Pokemon is definitely the most addictive, though. It hasn't gotten rid of me yet, so...addictive, yes. Especially Mystery Dungeon. I don't really like the Dungeon games, but sometimes I do feel like playing it, and when I do, I will get crazily addicted for a good long while. During the downtime at work one year, I would play PMD Blue and I was so unaware of what was going on around me, lol.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Pokemon obv.

Really, any Dragon Ball game on a console would do the trick. I've always found something to do. Budokai 2 had all those What-If things. That was fun. Budokai 3 fixed every issue with the other two. Burst Limit didn't really do that, but Infinite World took the best parts of Burst Limit and Budokai 3 and made a much better game. Tenkaichi 3 had several buttloads of characters (Frieza Soldier for example) and Raging Blast made a better overall game.

And I'm just a Dragon Ball fanboy at heart. n_n

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Pokemon and Super Mario Bros. for me. It's very hard to stop playing those games once you pick them up.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    At the moment, Killzone 2 is the only game that is keeping my attention for more than a week. A few months ago Demon's Souls was my fetish, and a year or so ago Pokemon was the undisputed best series for me.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    Runescape...if you haven't played it for longer than two days you have no idea..just made a new account actually but it's by far the most addicting game I have ever played u.u

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Runescape...if you haven't played it for longer than two days you have no idea..just made a new account actually but it's by far the most addicting game I have ever played u.u

I used to be addicted to Runescape for the longest time, and just recently got the urge to start a new account. Runescape is one of those games that keeps dragging you back in, somehow.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Any Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts game not named "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2".

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    I used to be addicted to Runescape for the longest time, and just recently got the urge to start a new account. Runescape is one of those games that keeps dragging you back in, somehow.

It's because you can't ever finish it! Seriously, ever time you think you've got good, they come out with even more expensive items, a new skill, a new quest...and the skills take SO long to get to 99.

The account I made is not that knew, 4 months or so but I finally got my 99 magic u.u

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Other than Pokemon...... There are many games I'm addicted to.

I remembered when I was addicted to Final Fantasy XIII and Kingdom Hearts 2 last summer. I would spent an all-nighter to just get a little bit farther in beating the game. I still can't beat Sephiroth and Yiazmat keeps on killing me off before I can even put a good dent on its HP.

When I first got my DS lite, my friend allowed me to borrow his T.W.E.W.Y. game. Shortly after I played it, I became quite addicted to it. I was sooooooo obsessed with the pins; it was probably the main reason why I was so addicted to the game. That, and probably because I got to play as extremely skinny teenagers like myself.

I wouldn't count the Sims as an addiction, but more of a lifestyle. I basically lived my whole life twice in that game. There was also Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. Ah, those were the good times. I don't regret wasting my afternoons and nights for those games, not one bit.

My current addiction/obsession is undoubtedly Call of Duty: Black Ops. It's just amazing, k.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    So far, it's Pokémon, the Super Smash Bros. series, Team Fortress 2, Portal, and I Wanna Be The Guy.

Why these?
    1) Pokémon - It's Pokémon, duh.
    2) Smash Bros. - I like the gameplay and someday I want to be part of a league or go to tournaments, so training is always welcome.
    3) Team Fortress 2 - In addition to being a great multiplayer game, there are so many achievements to unlock. I've only got about 10% of them.
    4) Portal - Very fun and a lot of replay value. Not to mention I wanna find the cake.
    5) IWBTG - There's always one demonic way to kill youthat you want to dominate and be like "AWW YEAH TAKE THAT YOU STUPID DEATHTRAP"

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    hmm i'm pretty into rpgs atm, spending a couple of hours a day to finish final fantasy XIII. I'm also kinda started to get hooked to dragon quest IX.
    One game that me and my friends keep coming back to is super smash bros brawl. We usually have heaps of fun and laughs, with all the crazy stuff that goes on.
    A game that i have continously have played over and over again is pokemon silver, well until the battery died a couple of months ago. hoping they'll put the virtual console on the 3ds. SS is good but theres a charm that the original hard that the remake doesn't.

Back