• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Most annoyin pokemon in the game

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    Personally I don't really find any pokemon "annoying" online mostly because that would be hypocritical. :P I use some of the same overused pokemon and strategies, but hey, it works. Although I'm definitely all for creative strategies and surprisingly dangerous pokemon (I'm looking at you Slurpuff :3).

But annoying pokemon...perhaps the most irritating thing to deal with is prankster Klefki. Arceus have mercy if its swagger manages to make contact.

That or Talonflame. The dang thing always manages to either KO or deal quite a bit of damage to my sweepers. >.>

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    But annoying pokemon...perhaps the most irritating thing to deal with is prankster Klefki. Arceus have mercy if its swagger manages to make contact.

I think I'm missing something here (I don't really battle online much). What's the combo/synergy here? Is Klefki swaggering itself or enemy pokemon? How does this match go down?

As for annoying, anything with arena trap when I don't have a good typing in the front. I have since learned to put something that OHKO's trapinch and dugtrio when I go through that area in the game (on subsequent play-throughs).

Years
    Cynthia Garchomp ~ hands down, I had the worst luck fighting her WORST LUCK because dragon rush always hit ~ your whole team always die, soft reset at least 1231890478312378129 times before you are able to beat her.

Years
    Since you've posted this in the X&Y forum, I think it'd be a good idea to strict ourselves only to Kalos Pokémon. :3 Anyway, for me, I'd Talonflame. It's fun to use one, but going up against it could be a major pain, especially if it's got Gale Wings ability.

I think you can omit that part lol, how often have you seen someone use Talonflame with Flame Body online?

I'd say Rotom-Wash is quite annoying to face. It's got a good mix of typing, ability, bulk, and power, and it's used just way too often, and for good reason.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Cynthia Garchomp ~ hands down, I had the worst luck fighting her WORST LUCK because dragon rush always hit ~ your whole team always die, soft reset at least 1231890478312378129 times before you are able to beat her.

Man, dat Garchomp. It would ALWAYS take out one of my Pokemon in the PWT. Outrage+Focus Sash+max Speed=you're not getting out of this unscathed.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    I think I'm missing something here (I don't really battle online much). What's the combo/synergy here? Is Klefki swaggering itself or enemy pokemon? How does this match go down?

Ahh, sorry, I didn't make that clear. :'D

Naw, the Klefki uses swagger on the enemy pokemon (usually after its uses thunder wave if it can) and then proceeds to demolish you with Foul Play. Not fun at all.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Yeah Klefki is a bit of a beast XD

But you know what really grinds my gears? It's not one Pokemon in particular, but when I'm in Maison and I run into a "Stockpile" team. OMG! It is the most annoying thing on the planet when they run Stockpile + Rest + Protect + Attack. -.-

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Yeah Klefki is a bit of a beast XD

But you know what really grinds my gears? It's not one Pokemon in particular, but when I'm in Maison and I run into a "Stockpile" team. OMG! It is the most annoying thing on the planet when they run Stockpile + Rest + Protect + Attack. -.-

This. I generally dislike any Pokemon that stalls. Maybe because I'm not patient with these battles and I'd rather just attack everything.

Interestingly enough, I was never bothered by Klefki in the competitive scene. To me, it's a slightly better version of Whimsicott, and it only gets problematic if you screw around with it. You just have to attack it, with just about anything it's weak to, and it dies.

Now, have you experienced the horrors of FISSURE STUNFISK in the Battle Maison yet? Talk about the game sticking it's middle finger at you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I really HATE Pokemon who use Subtitue. Everytime I run into a trainer who use that "move" I just get the feeling he likes making me pissed off LOL .

Last edited:

ImaRobot

We dont sleep at night
    Years
    I really HATE Pokemon who use Subtitue. Everytime I run into a trainer who use that "move" I just get the feeling he likes making me pissed off LOL .

I ran into someone online that kept using substitute, protect, and taunt. He would use that move set over and over again and it was getting ridiculous. I learned his pattern really quick and what he was doing actually worked to my advantage.

I knew when he would use protect, so when it came around to his turn, and he was going to use it, I would have Volcarona use Quiver dance. To make it look like I didnt catch on to his pattern I would throw in a random move every other turn. Long story short I ended up maxing my speed, sp atk, and sp def. Ended up ohk all his pokemon with Heatwave after that. Even OHK his Greninja with it, which I thought was hilarious.

As for pokemon that annoy me.. its not so much of how they battle or anything, but more of how the animation annoys me. Zubat just goes to crazy for me.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    sweet mother of Arceus, Gale Wings Talonflame. I can't stand this Pokemon, so much so that I use one of these on one of my main teams, because it eats babies.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I ran into someone online that kept using substitute, protect, and taunt. He would use that move set over and over again and it was getting ridiculous. I learned his pattern really quick and what he was doing actually worked to my advantage.

I knew when he would use protect, so when it came around to his turn, and he was going to use it, I would have Volcarona use Quiver dance. To make it look like I didnt catch on to his pattern I would throw in a random move every other turn. Long story short I ended up maxing my speed, sp atk, and sp def. Ended up ohk all his pokemon with Heatwave after that. Even OHK his Greninja with it, which I thought was hilarious.

As for pokemon that annoy me.. its not so much of how they battle or anything, but more of how the animation annoys me. Zubat just goes to crazy for me.

That's some good pattren. I dont know why, but I'm just not up for that kind of batteling... ( The one your rival used )

ImaRobot

We dont sleep at night
    Years
    That's some good pattren. I dont know why, but I'm just not up for that kind of batteling... ( The one your rival used )

It really was. I hated it so much haha and I'm sure that was exactly the point of it.. the battle was soooo long. Like you though, I wouldnt do something like that.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    what makes them so upsetting for you?

It's just, another case of "why in Arceus' name did they create these?!"

One; I really don't like their guts and appearance. Normally I don't judge on just the appearance of a Pokemon, but I just don't get how these Pokemon can be useful in battle. Just... the looks are weird, they don't seem to learn great moves (sure there is standard Surf and Flamethrower or so but... meh not that appealing to me .__.)
    Second; ...where to begin, Pansage looks like Broccoli, Pansear seems to have... "droppings" as hair and Panpour/Simipour isn't sure of it's gender at all...
    Third; I seriously got the WORST shiny luck with Pansear, manage to catch 2 (?!!!!) Shiny Pansear in my Pokemon X game. Luckily I got rid of the first one, my reaction was: Hm? whut... Pansear shiny... groan, well might as well catch it... Then, several days later, another Shiny Pansear popped up in the SAME safari while I was hunting for another Pokemon... T^T Could it be any worse? (rofl)
    Fourth; I remember they were introduced in Gen.5 and I remember thinking: omg what is this?! There just HAS to be another nice Fire/Grass/Water-type Pokemon in this Gen to train in your team...

Don't get me wrong, I really like Pokemon a whole lot, even so much that I have ben playing Pokemon for over 13 years! :D ^_^ But this... just get them out of my face :3

Back