• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying gym leader in FR/LG?

Most Annoying Gym Leader?

• Brock

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Misty

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • Lt. Surge

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Erika

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Koga

Votes: 41 21.4%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Blaine

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Giovanni

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    After thinking about it, I kinda steam-rolled through the majority of the gym's. The only one that was really bothersome was Surge. Until my Graveller used magnitude in the first round...also, you can pretty much find a Dugtrio in the nearby cave, and just use dig once or twice.

None of the gym's have ever truly been an issue for me. Used to have a hard time with the 8th gym in Crystal when I was little and that game first came out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I recently re-played LG and only had trouble with 1 gym. My team was Charmeleon, Clefairy and Sandshrew against Misty and that was a very hard battle! That Starmie really managed to take it out of me. However after lil' grinding, Misty went down without TOO much trouble... Although none of the gym leaders are THAT hard, she's certainly hardest at that point in the game..

Years
  • That's easy, Koga. I usually have a counter for most gym leaders, but usually don't use psychic Pokemon, and the only other counter I can think of is Magnemite, but you need surf to get it, so yeah. His Pokemon are also pretty high leveled (I think it's highest is 43), and they know moves like Toxic and... Minimize... Dear god... But anyway, there are obviously other hard ones like Brock and Misty, but they're just a pain because you probably don't have a lot of Pokemon, and they know pretty good moves, but Koga's difficulty actually comes from legit challenge, and he's always been the toughest for me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Koga for me without a doubt, had to grind my team up to around level 35 a piece when they were around level 20 by the time I beat Erika but thank sweet heavenly god that I had Mr. Mime on my Leaf Green team otherwise Koga's Weezing would have given me hell again.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    im suprised koga has given so many of you a problem (i guess my mmo/harder rpg training,which defaults me to level grinding before any and every boss,helped me...that combined with charizard made koga cannon fodder) but misty gave me the most trouble since i had a charmeleon (once again i level grind ALOT) (also it wasnt that much trouble just the only one i had to take seriously). that was mostly during r/b/y cause i was just a lil kid then but in fr/lg it was a minor frustration.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2019
    Lt. Surge

Lt. Surge always bothered me because he's just so darn arrogant and thinks that his raichu will take everything down!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Seeing as the question is most annoying I'm gonna have to day Koga. Toxic combined with minimize is a very annoying strategy and pulls it off well. The longer the battle goes for the harder it is to finish.
    Surge is also annoying with his over powered Raichu.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Koga was driving me crazy, because his Muk would increase his evasiveness until I could not even land a hit, then he`d poison me. I only beat him by using a Lapras with Perish Song.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    Koga and Sabrina are probably the worst for me... but only because their gyms are so obnoxious. As far as pokemon go, Misty's Starmie makes me want to scream and pull my hair out. xD

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    The gym leaders on these games, in my opinion, were a cakewalk. I've had zero problems with them. I chose Squirtle as my starter, and once he evolved, he Mega Punched the path through Cerulean's Gym. Afterwards, I fished for a Poliwhirl north of Vermillion and evolved it to a Poliwrath. From them on the rest of the game was a mere plow-fest for me :).

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Sabrina, mainly because her gym was so stupid. :3

Not to mention I always want to train one of the Hitmons, but it's a Psychic gym.

Back