• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying Gym Leader in FR/LG

Mentalii

Back
Years
  • None of them really gave me a hard time...
    I guess the most difficult for me was Lt Surge, because at this part of the game I didn't have strong Pokémon against electrik types yet.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • None of them really gave me a hard time...
    I guess the most difficult for me was Lt Surge, because at this part of the game I didn't have strong Pokémon against electrik types yet.

Diglett's cave was about 30 yards away from his gym.

My hardest fight was GeoSUVni(Giovanni) because he used relatively mixed Pokémon, and though most of them were ground types, I favor electricity.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • Koga, definitely. Never once had I gotten a Pokémon that was effective against Poison types and at a high enough level. His Muk with Minimize made me throw my GBA across the room a couple times. (Figuratively and literally) Misty comes to a close second, but most of the time I restarted FR/LG, I had a Pikachu from Viridian Forest with me and it always helped a lot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Koga... Easy to beat yet I don't know why he seems less entertaining to battle than the others.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
  • Sabrina or Misty. Sabrina is just hard, Misty is easy to beat.....If you pick anything other than Charmander.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Depends on your starter and which pokemon you catch. I don't like Diglett and I always played the version where Sandshrew isn't available so Lt. Surge was always a pain.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I typically choose Charmander as my starter, so Misty usually ends up being the most annoying. If I don't choose Charmander, then I guess Koga would have to be the most annoying.

tokyodrift

Koga for sure. His Muk and Weezing were pretty hard to take down especially when Muk abuses Acid Armor and Minimize.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2012
    I'd have to say Koga. Every time I play the game I almost always have at least 4 pokemon weak to him, yeah seriously.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Koga, no doubt about that! All the Toxic attacks and the other Poison types moves that would constantly poison my Pokémon was so goddamn annoying, especially when Muk used Minimize too.

Vsjester13

Former battler
    Years
  • Evan through i find Koga hard i find Sabrina alot harder since i almost always pick bulbasaur as my starter and the fact that i have noting that can do super effective damage besides Gastly and Haunter makes her even more annoying

BRS

iDon't Know
    Years
    • Age 25
    • LA
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    Anything that has double team -.- Because i have a high chance of missing stuff with it >.<. And Koga cause i don't have much psychic or ground types on my team. And because my blastoice is slow so he just toxics me or just minimize.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    Koga and Misty were both a pain, but FR/LG gym leaders are typically easier than ruby/sapphire

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    O MY GOD LT.SURGE I HATE U (lol)

I did not want to raise a diglett (nor catch a dugtrio), so I struggles w/ my Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Pikachu, and Nidorino. (All of them underleveled......-_-)

In the end, I had to evolve Nidorino to Nidoking (I wanted it to learn double kick first......but failed, I guess.) After that, THRASH *100!!!

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    Personally, it was always Koga (Jumping on the bandwagon?) But I actually found Blaine hard the first ever playthrough of FR, I stupidly only raised my charizard and left the other on the levels I caught them :')

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    Either Brock or Blaine. Neither of which I enjoy.

Brock because I'm a sucker for Charmander and Blaine because I'm too lazy to do extra training and every time I play the game he manages to OHKO my water/ice type

Years
  • Either Brock or Blaine. Neither of which I enjoy.

Brock because I'm a sucker for Charmander and Blaine because I'm too lazy to do extra training and every time I play the game he manages to OHKO my water/ice type

If you played pokemon yellow it'd be brock O.o but since it is GBA games I'd say Lt. Surge... Always paralyzing O.o

Back