• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying Gym Leader in FR/LG

BRS

iDon't Know
Years
    • Age 24
    • LA
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    If you played pokemon yellow it'd be brock O.o but since it is GBA games I'd say Lt. Surge... Always paralyzing O.o
    OMG him >.< my wartortal always get kill by his pokemons. My pidgeiottoo too. The time i got lucky... he missed the shack wave on my butterfree and i was able to sleep his raichu and win >.<

Years
  • OMG him >.< my wartortal always get kill by his pokemons. My pidgeiottoo too. The time i got lucky... he missed the shack wave on my butterfree and i was able to sleep his raichu and win >.<

It's always annoying when you get paralyzed right? O.o And what's unbelievable is that he gets really lucky and you can't attack XP Sometimes twice in a row... Especially when he uses double team.. -_-

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I say Koga was the most annoying. First of all, his Gym is annoying to walk through, and in battle, his Koffings know selfdestruct and always badly poison me. His Muk was the most annoying, all that minimize and toxic drove me crazy.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
  • Koga was so hard, but I dont know which one I would pick as my hardest gym leader in FRLG. If not Koga, then more than likely I'd say Blaine.

BRS

iDon't Know
    Years
    • Age 24
    • LA
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    It's always annoying when you get paralyzed right? O.o And what's unbelievable is that he gets really lucky and you can't attack XP Sometimes twice in a row... Especially when he uses double team.. -_-
    OMG double team... -.- If you like keep getting parahax he'll just keep double teaming up, and if you heal up the para he'll just para u again -_-

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    For those who find Brock hard when you choose Charmander as a starter, I find that if you grind Charmander to the point that he evolves into a Charmeleon, then Brock will be a lot easier, especially if you let him have Metal Claw because of the super effectiveness to rock.

I didn't find any of the gyms annoying or a bit of a challenge because I grinded a lot.

Years
  • Hmmm. I usually go with Misty (that Starmie...), but I'm currently doing a Pidgey solo run, and facing Brock with that stupidly weak bird is SO DIFFICULT!! I had to grind to level 20 to win.

Years
  • Koga gave me a run for my money (literally, with all of the money I spent at the PokeMart) in Yellow, but I don't seem to recall him being a pain in the remakes. Even with Charmander as my starter, the first gyms were fairly easy and the rest seemed easier with the amount of preparation/grinding I tend to do.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
  • LT. Surge. Since I recently played through FR again, I couldn't beat him unless I caught a level 29 or 30 Dugtrio in Diglett's Cave.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • Koga for sure.
    Muk with minimize was always annoying
    not to mention those koffings with selfdestruct and toxic.

Years
  • You know, as I'm going through them, they really aren't that hard. However, this is largely due to my type diversity. You see, I'm a master of dual-types: I train all of them, and they are all I train. So I train a considerable amount of Pokemon, seeing as I train all available dual-types. So when I come to a gym, I choose 6 Pokemon that will simply devestate them. They're rather easy because of it.
    I have to go now, but I'll update this post with what I have used for each leader.

Edits:

Brock ~ Spearow , Weedle , Caterpie , Pidgey , Bulbasaur
    This was the 1st Gym... so I didn't have much. The 1st 4 got slaughtered, and then Bulbasaur came and saved the day.

Misty ~ Bulbasaur , Oddish , Paras, Magikarp, Pidgey, Beedrill
    Misty wasn't easy, seeing as I was still early and the game, without a VS seeker, and training a bunch of Pokemon (I had others in the box). SO I was very underleveled. But after I think 2 restarts, I won :D Leech Seed + Poisoned = win. True story.

Lt. Surge ~ Nidoqueen , Ivysaur , Paras , Nidoqueen , Gloom
    LOL I killed the mess out of him. The only Pokemon that was even "in need of medical care" was Nidoqueen. Everyone else was in next to, if not, in perfect condition. I owned him. I also had a Meoth in my party to Cut in and Cut out.

Eika ~ Vileplume , Butterfree , Beedrill , Fearow , Pidgeot
    Same as Lt. Surge, I had a Meoth for cut Purposes. But my actual team was pretty awesome. I had Super effective against and not very effective in defense. I totally got her, especailly since she only had 3 Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Misty, due to me either picking Charmander or Squirtle. My pikachu died insanely quickly even though it was about level 25, so I was left for dead.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]I dont tend to have any problems with gym leaders battle wise because I over level grind a little..
    Personally it would be lt surge.. Mainly because you've just took on the ss anne and you've now got to search through all his bins to get to him.. Surely its his job to fight you not hide behind an electric wall away from my dugtrio?[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I'd have to say Sabrina. She would always counter every single pokemon i sent out.

Years
  • I would have to say Koga. It seems everyone is saying the same reason, but how can you not? Being poisoned and randomly blown up on is rather annoying.

Back