• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most annoying location in Unova?

Years
    I remember when we once had a thread like this, so I decided to remake it.

What is this thread all about? Well, we all know that every region has at least one annoying location and Unova is no exception.

Here, you can tell us what the most annoying location was to you when you were playing Black or White!

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    Oh I kinda liked all the Places here but the most annoying have got to be the Desert resort (Relic Castle) for being so big, Quick Sand and encounters every second step.

another place was the electric cave (Haven't played in a while so forgot the name lmaooooooo)

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Lostlorn forest next to Nimbasa City. I read into its description too much. Got paranoid.... until I read the article on Serebii.

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
    ChargeStone Cave hand down i was dumb enough to think i'd be ok with only three Max Repels Every 3 steps i heard battle music i wont go in without at least 10 Max Reples

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Chargestone Cave was a bit annoying when it came to Ferroseed hunting; I kept running into Joltik and Klink. The same applies to Desert Resort for Sigilyph hunting.

Twist Mountain is also one of my least favorite locations because of the twisting maze inside.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Chargestone Cave was a bit annoying when it came to Ferroseed hunting; I kept running into Joltik and Klink. The same applies to Desert Resort for Sigilyph hunting.
    Your experience was different than mine. Ferroseed was the second Pokémon I encountered, maybe the first. When reviewing, I realized I never picked up a Joltik and was happy that it was the most common one that I had forgotten.

Twist Mountain is also one of my least favorite locations because of the twisting maze inside.
    I forgot this, but yes. Easily the most annoying area to get through. And both of these areas did require use of special tools known as "Max Repels"; the encounter ratio in these areas was higher than I would have liked.

Cyclone

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
    Years
    I HATE CHARGESTONE CAVE!!!!! Did you ever try to find a Tynamo in the cave? I'm not even joking when I say this: Two and a half hours to find ONE Tynamo. Ugh...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I love Chargestone Cave. I could camp in there for a weekend. :<

Well, I hate getting to Relic Castle. I love hatching Pokemon eggs in there but it's such a hassle to walk some thousand steps, slowbro walk to the area, bike around some more in like a 2x4 space in Relic Castle with repel on. >.< I've caught my Volcarona but it's quite the strange cave, haha.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I HATE CHARGESTONE CAVE!!!!! Did you ever try to find a Tynamo in the cave? I'm not even joking when I say this: Two and a half hours to find ONE Tynamo. Ugh...
    Really? You should have headed straight to floor B2. The chance of encountering one QUADRUPLES down there. I got one before I turned on Repels (which is how I forgot Joltik).

Cyclone

Years
    For me, Twist Mountain and Route 7.

Twist Mountain cos of the confusing maze in the cave parts and given it was summer when I was in the main story (finished the main story in 13 days) it was slightly more hard.

The reason I didn't like Route 7 was because routes with really tall grass always bother me and Route 7 is no exception. I hate the wild Zebstrika there as well cos they are fast and hard to escape from, not to mention that when it's raining Fire-types get weakened and there's hail during winter as well. Route 7 will forever be my most-hated of the really tall grass routes because of that. I am a Trainer who loves riding their bike, which makes it just as bad.

GengarShade

Eat some Gengar cake!
    Years
    Twist Mountain is quite annoying.It's way easier in winter so whenever I go there I set the season to winter.

Another annoying place is the Abyssal Ruins near Undella Town.500 steps?Pfft.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, I just finished the Abyssal Ruins. I hadn't done that when I first answered, but I never understood how a torrent of water can sweep one off of the third floor of an ancient ruin. I think the idea was to remove players who got lost, but 500 steps?

Took me several trips, but my wallet likes the reward of the labour. Very nice since I bought out most of the pricier TMs with my first load of hard-earned riches.

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    It would have to be twist mountain, so many boldore...but so easy in winter

Years
    As mentioned above, I dislike twist mountain, chargestone cave and route 7.

I also hate routes 18 and 17. It was such a hassle to go back there, and then the trainers were hard and numerous (if you went back right when you got surf) and overall it just felt...tiring.

Jiggly Jello

DJ Squiggles
    Years
    So far I really hate Chargestone Cave the most with Route 4 (sooo much sand) trailing in at a close second. I hated Chargestone due to the almost literal *1 step, 1 battle* experience I had there. It was ok at first as it gave me a chance to catch the local wildlife rather quickly but I really dislike fighting electric Pokemon and once I had caught my quota, I would have rather they left me alone! I had to break down and buy a bunch of Max Repels to make it through and I'm quite the cheapskate in game. I can't say for sure if this is my most hated area since I am only just now at Celestial Tower. I guess I will chime back in if I end up changing my mind later...

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Chargestone cave was okay for me in the beginning, as it had a cool system. But it really got tiring after the second time I went there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Truth to be told, I never hated a specific place in unova. I liked them all.

But chargestone cave is getting close to be an exception.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah any cave was kinda annoying for me. :( Especially Victory Road, it was craaaazy because there was so many strong Pokemon and they appeared so often. As for actual routes hmmm anything post-game kinda sucked at first because everything was so strong. ;;

Back