• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Pokemon move used against you (revived)

-Leaf

What do I put here?
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I think that Mind Reader/Lock-On then OHKO Move is really annoying.
    Sturdy comes really in handy in those things. in online sturdy would suck (i have a guy im going to battle i use sudowoodo he uses ttar with 2 OHKO moves. he thinks he owns me, don't say ill lose since he doesn't even know how to play. sudowoodo will own his TTar with low kick.

Hmm.. i pretty hate consfuse ray.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Confuse Ray and Supersonic. Confusion is so annoying... and I especially hate fighting the Rocket Grunts in the various games because they always have Zubats, and they always use those stupid moves.

I also hate constant spamming of a move that puts Pokemon to sleep. In FireRed, the first of the Elite 4 has a Jynx. This Jynx knows a sleep move.. and if you can't K.O. it in one hit, the battle will go on so much longer than it should. Seriously, she uses the sleep move, puts my Pokemon to sleep, I use the Poke Flute. She attacks, and then since my Pokemon could not K.O. it one hit, uses the sleep attack again... And this cycle goes on forever.

But in all honesty, I pretty much hate any move which spans out a battle longer than it needs to be... Like Rest. They're only delaying their defeat, not changing the result of the battle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Anything that induces confusion. Especially Supersonic, when i try to use it (mostly to train a zubat since leech life does almost no dmg), it's incredibly inaccurate, i might use ohko moves (which i hate too, for obvious reasons) as well. but when an opponent (not only zubat, magnemite is much worse) uses it, i ALWAYS get hit by it.

i'm also no friend of paralying moves and the static ability, its so annoying when for example you've to train near mauville cause u cant beat wattson in rse (most common reason: no mudkip in team) and everywhere are oddishs, electrikes and stuff that paralyzes you or your physical sweeper gets screwed in battle tower because of a pichu/mareep/etc in the early rounds >_>

..oh, and ingame protect/detect sucks too, it's anything but strategical

Years
  • The most annoying move used against me is rest and thing that makes me confused. It's irratating because I just wanna finish the battle and takes about 4 extra turns probably more. So.... those are the most annoying moves I can think of.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I hate a lot of moves.
    Metronome, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Fly, Bounce, Dive, Dig, Teeter Dance, Will-o-wisp, and Swagger annoy me more than anything.
    ._."

luigirulze

Australia's Biggest Luigi Nerd
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Fake Out, Fake Out, Fake Out!!!
    Hits first, always causes flinching. Thankfully its only on the first turn.
    that, and Rest. Nothing annoys me more than whittling a snorlax down to red and paralyzing it, just to have it use rest. not cool.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    It has to be mirror move, because i was battling with my Blastoise. I used a really powerfull move and the oponents pokemon used mirror move and it made Blastiose faint. :(

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Thunder Wave, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray. I don't think I need to explain these.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I hate all the attack may cause confusion and protect\detect. They are really boring!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Confuse Ray is a killjoy.

Also, Dragon Dance when you can't get in a quick enough attack. Aoutch.

Back