• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying Pokemon to find/catch?

Years
  • To find? Feebas. Only in 6 tiles out of probably hundreds and you have to fish in each one. It's not even worth it.

To catch - The roaming beasts in GSC. At least in HGSS when you inflict a status on them it stays. IIRC if you inflict a status in the originals they become healthy the next time you see them. Also made harder by the fact that I spent days collectiong Fast Balls from Kurt as they supposedly work better on pokemon that flee from battle. Apparently that only includes Magnemite, Grimer and Tangela.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Anything with Poison Sting.

Feebas was a pain to find, but luckily the only time I looked for it only took a few hours. -_-

Years
  • joltik in BW.

Aren't Joltik quite common in those games? That's what I know of.

Anyways, another one worth adding is Mewtwo in X/Y. It knows Recover, which can make catching it a hard chore unless if you inflict a status condition on it. However, Timer Balls do get high catch rates after 10 turns so I guess it's a beneficial thing if you want to use them, plus Dusk Balls can always come in handy given it's in a cave.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Hm... For some reason I've always had immense luck with Feebas, had an easy time with roamers, and could catch Pokemon with low catch rates.

But for some reason, SOMEHOW, back in the days of Red/Blue, I could NEVER CATCH A... Kangaskhan. I'm not sure why since I got Taruos with relative ease and Sycther too, but every time I went into the Safari Zone after a Kangaskhan, one would not appear... That's just me though, and then the newer games happened.

Years
  • I had no problem with the legendary beasts in HeartGold (well, not as much as I'd anticipated), but trying to find and catch Latias was an absolute pain. Even after putting to sleep and whittling its HP down to 1, it must've taken me a good 50 more encounters to actually catch it. Looking back, I don't even know why I went through all the trouble, as I already had one on Sapphire that I could've transferred over.

Years
  • Chansey back in red/blue was awful. It never stayed in the safari ball and fled so often. And that was when you were able to find it to begin with.

Years
  • There were a couple times that Pokemon X frustrated the heck out of me. I literally spent 2 straight hours trying to capture Psyduck! The way I catch Pokemon, I like catching every one that I am able to catch up until that point instead of bypassing the route and having to come back to it at a later date. There was another Pokemon that I had trouble finding because I was searching in the wrong area...

Aello

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I have to agree with make Litleo. I spent over an hour on route 22 and saw multiples of every rare pokemon spawn in the area before I saw a male Litleo. Dunsparce, Riolu, Farfetch'd... ugh. At least I filled some holes in my dex.

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • Well, aside from Feebas, I had the worst time trying to catch a Heracross in R/S/E. I honestly hate the mechanics of the Safari Zone, and to make matters worse, this was in the area that required me to have an acro bike, and I HATE the acro bike... Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever did catch a Heracross there, LOL. I caught mine in FR/LG instead.

Years
  • So, my two favorite pokemon are Milotic and Vespiquen, both are difficult to obain in the games they are introduced.

I actually enjoyed Feebas fishing though. However, the honey slathering and waiting, only to get male combee and burmy's was just soooo annoying!

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Most annoying Pokemon to find/catch?

I despise Feebas with a passion.

Literally, the only reason to look for it is if you like beating your head against a wall.

Years
  • Ditto hands down just...UGH, it's either it turns into one of your Pokemon which is really good and sweeps you OR it takes like 10 pokeballs to catch it :I

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    3 damn doggies that escapes if you can't manage to catch it on time, use masterball or trapped him with your pokemon trapping abilities or move. @_@. They're downright bunch of cowardly canines

and any roaming pokemons that flee on anytime and given you a really hard time to locate them. (Though in D/P/Pt, there's watch app for that :P)

Back