• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying pokemon you've ever overcomed in 3rd Generation games?

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Im srry but all the pokemon everyone has said is extremely easy to beat but only if you know what pokemon to use and at which levels you need yours at....I'll be honest every gym leader but wallace gave me a s#!@ load of trouble to beat b/c i didnt know what to use like altaria i didnt know it was a dragon/flying b/c swablu in a normal/flying and it had earthquake. all and all I would have to say SLAKING!!! son of a whore lol

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • This happened on my friend's game:

Vs. Palace Maven Spenser

Spenser sent out Crobat!
    Go! Machamp!
    Crobat used Toxic! Crobat's attack missed!
    Machamp used Rock Slide! It's super effective!
    Crobat fainted! Spenser sent out Slaking!
    Machamp used Cross Chop!
    A critical hit! It's super effective! Slaking fainted!

...and then...

Spenser sent out Lapras!
    Lapras used Horn Drill! It's a one-hit KO! Machamp fainted!
    Go! Metagross!
    Lapras used Horn Drill! It's a one-hit KO! Metagross fainted!
    Go! Swampert!
    Lapras used Horn Drill! It's a one-hit KO! Swampert fainted!

Player lost against Spenser!

... ...

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Norman and his damned Slaking... Oh I hate that damn thing, it's ugly and pointlessly powerful for a 4th Gym Leader.

End Rant.
    ORLY?
    Because my Gardevoir swept the floor with that nose picking abomination after a single calm mind at level...32 or so.

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
  • The only one that stands out in my memory is that Rayquaza... I fought, and fought, and fought, and slept, and fought it, got it down to 1 health... got it paralyzed... and it Rested. Then I'd start the process all over... then I'd white (black? don't remember -that- well) out, then have to reset and start over, and over, and over, and over, until I finally caught it.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Slacking! Yes, and also Spinda. I kept using Teeter Dance! And when I had put a status on it, it used Facade and wiped 2 of my Pokemon! Slaking is very annoying due to the fact that it's much stronger than my Pokemon.

EDIT: I also forgot about Lucy. I just can't beat her even if i use my strongest Pokemon! D:

Years
  • Jeez, Slaking is easy if you just attack it/heal while it slacks off, and buff up while it attacks with a failed counter (assuming it's not stataused, then it will facade). If you don't have any power up moves, try buff up, or buy X Attack/Special/Defense. Simple strategies for a simple pokemon.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Shedninja, Swampert in Battle Tower(!X_X!) and Pinsirs in BattleTower!(they just keeps using Guilliotine, and when they don't, they OHKO you with a NOT VERY EFFECTIVE HIT!!!)

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • I'd deffinately say that my rival was a huge pain in the butt on sapphire while i was playing my Mudkip only run.

It was epic fail whenever i used to battle her until i got Icebeam on Mudskipper. lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    ...Most annoying?...i think i would have to say trapinch for 2 reasons
    1. In the desert, i was looking for a cacnea and it kept using arena trap which annoyed me
    2. In the mirage tower when i need to use the bike to get to the top it kept comin there aswell!

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
  • Kingdra, I hate that pokemon when you face Juan <_<

And now im doing a ground type mono, I fought may's grovyle 4 times, then got a crit hit finally to kill it :)

Back