• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Song of 2013?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Then there's Sweater Weather, which is the most boring song that gets played twenty times a day. It's so uninteresting and repetitive, I hate it. >_<

Sweater Weather , while peaking at 14 on the Billbaord Chart, is far from annoying or overplayed. I barely hear it on the popular radio stations here. It's probably just one of those songs not everyone can get. HOnestly I thought it was boring at first, but it really caught on to me. (Though it may just be my kind of music and not yours.)

Royals is pretty bad. People at my school this year were constantly singing Lorde's stupid song, and I can't stand it. Her voice isn't attractive, neither is she, and she's kinda fake. She has a tendency to diss other stars (although at least she dissed One Erection). As for the song, it's very lame, and the lyrics are stupid.
    She's only a star now cause of Royal, she wasn't famous before. She wrote Royals way before she became famous. I see no problem with a song like that popular over some of the other trash she's dissing in that song. Nothing wrong with enjoying pop music, but you have to admit a lot of songs today are all "let's go party and get drunk and drive in fancy cars and make lots of money."
    People who hate Royals probably just don't get the lyrics. It's pretty states every reason I hate most pop music today. A lot of popular music portrays the party/rich kid lifestyle. The media portrays that all the cool people have nice clothes, expensive sports cars, nice houses, go to parties all the time, and are wealthy. That's what the media says teenagers all should aspire to have today and when teens hears those songs they believe they need those things. In reality, there aren't many teens who can live in royalty/life of luxury like that. It's all a bunch of lies feed to make you think you need that. Lorde is a teenager herself and probably heard of these luxuries before, but doesn't want that. She's from a not so rich country and fine with that and just wants the excitement of being a musician.

That or people just hate that dissed one of their favorite pop stars. Which by the way, she has every rite to do so, she's just stating her opinion even if you may not agree with it. Sorry for that rant, but I just think that song deserves the amount of radio play it gets.

Anyway, I have to agree with a lot of people about Blurred Lines. I don't listen to lots of pop radio, but the song (along with alot of others this song) became pretty unavoidable. I still heard it all over the place. I'm so tired of hearing it every where and the lyrics are just so God awful. I don't get how a song so degrading and awful was number 1 for so long. Along with that We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball. Both played way too often and We Can't Stop has such whinny and annoying vocals/lyric (the whole robotic/deep/" It's our party we can do what we want/It's our party we can say what we want" part). Overall it's not really an exciting song. The music video for Wrecking Ball just ruined the entire song for me and I'm also just tired of hearing it everywhere. Also I could care less for everyone's parody/interpretation of the music video at this point. Roar is another. The lyrics are rather cheesy and pretty much some of the same stuff her and alot of other pop stars sing of today.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Most annoying songs of 2013 would have to be Blurred Lines, Roar, and Get Lucky. Good lord can't stand those songs and I'm glad I haven't heard them as of recently.
    Yup, pretty much share the same opinion here. They aren't bad songs in themselves, but the artists behind them (with the exception of Daft Punk) and the amount of times they get played on the radio makes them really annoying. No, I don't want to hear Roar again for the quadrillionth time.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
    Every Robin Thicke song, we don't need anymore Justin Bieber singers. All of Rihanna's songs too, they're just, god awful.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I actually don't like the stigma that Blurred Lines is a 'bad' song. It's overplayed sure, but it's not actually a bad song, especially for a summer hit. It's very catchy, even if the lyrics are a bit questionable but aren't a lot of good song's lyrics? I always thought it was a pretty good song. :(

I agree. It is a good song. I know people who loathed the song but sing along whenever they hear it.

Most annoying songs for me would have to be Roar and anything involving Mumford & Sons and Rihanna (bar Monster with Eminem).

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
    I actually don't like the stigma that Blurred Lines is a 'bad' song. It's overplayed sure, but it's not actually a bad song, especially for a summer hit. It's very catchy, even if the lyrics are a bit questionable but aren't a lot of good song's lyrics? I always thought it was a pretty good song. :(
    Well, what I dislike the most about it is that it is played on the radio, kids of all ages hear it. Are they trying to tell me that swearing in public is illegal, but implying that a "good" girl wants to make a sexual connection because she's drunk is okay.

Back in the day Eazy E had to make radio friendly songs, including no sexual implications.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
    I don't think it's catchy. I think it's annoying :P

And though I'm sure many young people today don't care about the decency of songs lyrics (generalising, definitely not referring to you), I think lyrics should hold deeper meanings and that they are important. I hate shallow songs or ones like Blurred Lines.

Back