• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most annoying status conditions

lemonfreak

the golden caterpie
    Years
    I dont think there is a thread like this so...
    What is your most hated status condition.
    For me it's probably sleep, as you can't do ANYTHING. confusion can be annoying too.
    ice is not that bad, beacuse it doesnt last long.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Probably going to be either Sleep or Poisoned for me.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Paralysis and Confusion. The poison and burn damage I can take. The short period of being frozen isn't so hard to endure. Sleeping I can handle. It's just when you know you have a move to finish off your opponent, but you keep getting held back because you're either paralyzed and can't move or you hurt yourself in confusion, then that's where it gets annoying.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Confusion and paralysis for me too. The speed drop caused by paralysis is what annoys me the most about it, and confusion combines the effect of losing HP and the effect of missing your turn. Sleep and Freeze I can get around since at least they don't take out my HP, and Poison and Burn still allow me to strike back.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
    I really hate Sleep and Confusion ._. . Sleep hardly makes you be able to do anything unless your Pokemon have an ability or a move that allows it to do something during sleeping.

Confusion is an ass :/, although pretty useful if YOU are using it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Confusion probably. Along with chance of missing your turn, you also harm yourself (higher damage with higher attack, which is even more annoying).

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Combination of being Poisoned and Confused is so annoying! Especially a bad Poison. Hurting yourself and then taking gradually increasing Poison damage will really bring you down.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Confusion likes to bite me in the butt, whether it's on my Pokemon or on a wild Pokemon I'm trying to get. It's just the pits.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Y'all are downplaying Freeze. I know it doesn't last very long, but it's a real kick in the ass when it happens... Because you just know it won't happen, but then it does at the worst times. Then, at least Sleep and Confusion are actually, I don't know, somewhat reliable. Freeze never happens when you want it to!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Confusion, but mostly only because it's not considered a proper status-effect by the game, ie. it can be combined with any one other. There is also no trainer-used item that can recover a monster from it.
    That's back when I played Pocket Monsters, at least.

Y'all are downplaying Freeze.
    I don't think so. I could count meagre number of times I've seen the freeze status show up, same for burn.
    Again though I haven't played the newer games...

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    All exception made for burned and poisoned. <_< I don't mind losing some HP if I can counter-attack. If I can't, it's more probable to lose.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    My killer is Confusion, then Sleep. Surprisingly, I almost never can't move because of Paralysis. Guess I'm just lucky compared to you guys :P

Years
    I never get frozen, my opponent does tho, it has helped me out in the best of times. Anything that hinders you from moving, like sleep, paralysis (which lowers speed too) sucks. Confusion is alright compared to those tbh :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Poison! Have you ever been poisoned whilst doing a Nuzlocke run with no antidotes? ;-;

r.i.p vrai the wingull

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    Confusion. Because I have bad luck, and it seems like I keep missing my turn and hurting myself... there also isn't any easy to get cure. There are berries in some of the later games, but other than that you have to risk getting destroyed or switch.

Back