• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most attractive guy character

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Theres a thread like this for most attractive girl main characters, so I made a thread for us who prefer the other gender.
    For me, it's deff Gary!
    1. Gary
    2. Drew
    3. Ash
    4. Brock

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
    Now this is the kind of thread I like ^O^
    For me, it's either Barry or Drew. It's a tie!
    Both have awesome personalities and not to mention attractive.
    Then there comes Ash. He's been in the series for like, more than 10 years, you can't just expect me to not get used to liking his character.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Most attractive guy character

Admit it, you want his babies too. ;)

In all seriousness though, right now - Gary (the others are kinda meh). When he's finally put in - Volkner. I mean, look at him...

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Hmmm... I'm not a girl and I don't know how girls think about guys, but I guess Gary and Drew. Gary from Kanto and Johto looks good, but Gary from Sinnoh looks awful, like gay. What did they do with cool and funny Gary?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    1. Morty (of HGSS)
    2. Volkner
    3. I don't really pay attention to the guys, I just stimbled upon those two while Bulbapediaing :D

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Frankly, the closest thing to being attractive is Ash, and that's because he's not outright ugly, or extremely bishie.

Bishie isn't attractive to me. Which is why I don't like 90% of anime guys. :|

Years
    Frankly, the closest thing to being attractive is Ash, and that's because he's not outright ugly, or extremely bishie.

Bishie isn't attractive to me. Which is why I don't like 90% of anime guys. :|
    I'd have to agree there. Ash is cute without being a bishounen stereotype. Tracy is also one of my favourite male characters, despite him essentially being a Brock replacement for a long, boring filler arc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    If I was a Pokemon Character i'd wanna look like Gary. I can appreciate how beautiful he is, it's kinda a bromance kinda thing ;)

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    Ash. xD But as I got older, I began to appreciate James' appeal. To hell with 'gay or straight', the guy is beautiful, regardless! xD But Ash is still the cutest, imo.

I would totally date Professor Oak, though. >_> I like old smart dudes....XD

MissHawthorne

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Hmmm... I'm not a girl and I don't know how girls think about guys, but I guess Gary and Drew. Gary from Kanto and Johto looks good, but Gary from Sinnoh looks awful, like gay. What did they do with cool and funny Gary?

Awful and gay are the same thing? :\

Anyway, a lot of you may be interested to know that Gary is widely interpreted as a homosexual character, especially in Japan. It's even been stated that his character was written with that in mind by the creator of Ono's Manga. Palletshipping, the idea of a romantic relationship between Gary and Ash is popular in Japan, and apparently hinted at much more strongly in the original Japanese version of the anime (whereas the English dub erases most of it).

Plus think about it, in the original series he was constantly surrounded by cheerleaders that he showed no interest for, ignored pretty much everybody (READ: Brock, Misty) except Ash, and Prof. Oak, and when you're 'that age' (10 years old, as they're supposed to be), isn't it common for children to pick on one another to hide affection?

Eheheh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    1. Gary. Though lately he's a little on the short side -I don't know what it is. O.o Still, didn't have to think long here. The Kanto rival has always been my favourite character, whether in the game, anime or manga :D
    2. Ash. I like him best when he has his cap off and his hair is wet. Even though that seldom happens. But yeah, he definitely has a certain appeal to him <3
    3. Paul. Oh come on. Evil or not, don't you like it how his hair flows? ;D

@ MissHawthorne: Isn't really the place to discuss shippings, but I kinda agree with you. Not too sure if the Japanese anime really hinted that much at Pallet, but it's for sure that the shipping is popular there. And with me, hohoho. >D

(I wouldn't typify Gary as a gay character, though; I mean, if you do that you can typify almost all the anime characters as gay, oblivious as they are...)

Second your first comment by the way :)

@ Vernikova: That Giovanni pic makes me crack up every time. Even though it's Meowth's fantasy.... which makes it a little creepy if you know what I mean XD;

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I guess Bruno because he is really muscular... that is the only thing that is obviously attractive on an animated character.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Anyway, a lot of you may be interested to know that Gary is widely interpreted as a homosexual character, especially in Japan. It's even been stated that his character was written with that in mind by the creator of Ono's Manga. Palletshipping, the idea of a romantic relationship between Gary and Ash is popular in Japan, and apparently hinted at much more strongly in the original Japanese version of the anime (whereas the English dub erases most of it).

It's probably because, in the Japanese version, Gary's got a really feminine VA voicing him, so he comes off as a homosexual because of it...

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    1. Lance - For some reason, I'm fond of anime/video game guys with red hair.

2. Morty

3. Gary

4. Ash

5. Bob...err I mean Butch.

Back