• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most attractive main girl character

Hottest main girl?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd say Dawn.. I've always thought her clothing design was pretty cool for some reason. xD

After that would be May, but then again I might only say that just because I liked her character a lot, regardless of looks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Whether you wish to believe it or not, history classes do present historical information through biased points of view. Therefore, you cannot entirely rely on them.

But I am not here to debate about education. Lets move on.

Fair enough. And as I said before, I'll see it under two factors alone:

1. if rental places even allow rentals of anime boxed sets,

and

2. If I want to go to confession every day for the rest of my life.

You do realize that the Love Hina girls also bathe with towels, right?

Yeah, I do, but they usually only wear them at the edge of the pool, just when they are beginning the bath. They DON'T, however, wear a towel nearing the center of the pool. Misty, on the other hand, DID wear a towel even in the middle of the pool.

I do not see May and Dawn as being positive role models. However, the writers of Pokemon do intend to establish them this way. It is a shame, considering that they are weepy and whinny dolts.

In my viewpoint, if something's a bad role model, I have every right to outright eliminate it.

The scene was meant to be taken as a joke. Those watching the episode were supposed to find it humorous that Max assumed May was stripping when she actually was not.

Well, I don't know why they didn't do the same in March of the Exeggutor Squad, seeing how what they did was overall the same. Note, I'm Heterosexual, so don't assume things.

Even if it was meant to be a joke, the mere fact that the writers would even THINK something like that is funny still means it was very dirty and should never have been made in the first place.

Also, lets assume that May did actually strip. If she did, it would have taken her longer than it did to change into her swim suit.

Well, I'll agree if they do a strip dance, but they could still have her take her clothes off without necessarily having her do that.

Actually, Misty is rather similar to Naru from Love Hina.

I know Jessie's quite similar to Naru Narusegawa (since she often reacts negatively at her comrades and enemies alike when even a harmless intending word), but I never really saw Misty even acting similar to her. The closest was her temper, and even then, she usually only lashes out if undeniably provoked [by that, I mean, if the provoker clearly intended to get a rise out of her.] In fact, it's very rare that she ends up getting provoked for essentially no reason whatsoever (unlike Naru Narusegawa, who does react for essentially no reason whatsoever. Heck, she once pulled a Keitaru on Keitaru, and she still "punished" him anyways.)

Even if Misty is a better role model than the likes of May and Dawn, I still would not say she is a great one, since she was frequently nasty during the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas and did not have any personality to speak of during the Johto saga. There are much better female role models in media (such as Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood, Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, Izumi Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist, and Farah Oersted from Tales of Eternia).

Well, I haven't watched those anime, but I'm guessing they aren't exactly suitable for young audiences, so doing those won't be a good idea. In terms of the target age group (which is especially vulnerable), Misty's the closest to a good rolemodel that we can get. Heck, studies showed that Misty had a tremendous positive impact on the female audience.

Zenkovi

Class B Team Rocket Agent
    Years
    Yeah, I do, but they usually only wear them at the edge of the pool, just when they are beginning the bath. They DON'T, however, wear a towel nearing the center of the pool. Misty, on the other hand, DID wear a towel even in the middle of the pool.
    Even when nearing the centers of hot-springs, they still wear their towels.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    In my viewpoint, if something's a bad role model, I have every right to outright eliminate it.
    I am not saying you do not have a right to try to eliminate such a stereotype. Considering I dislike it, I say go for it.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    Even if it was meant to be a joke, the mere fact that the writers would even THINK something like that is funny still means it was very dirty and should never have been made in the first place.
    Though it is technically a children's program, Pokemon is not innocent. It is chock full of innuendos.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    I know Jessie's quite similar to Naru Narusegawa (since she often reacts negatively at her comrades and enemies alike when even a harmless intending word), but I never really saw Misty even acting similar to her. The closest was her temper, and even then, she usually only lashes out if undeniably provoked [by that, I mean, if the provoker clearly intended to get a rise out of her.] In fact, it's very rare that she ends up getting provoked for essentially no reason whatsoever (unlike Naru Narusegawa, who does react for essentially no reason whatsoever. Heck, she once pulled a Keitaru on Keitaru, and she still "punished" him anyways.)
    You are correct in assuming Jessie and Naru are similar, but we were discussing Misty, not Jessie.

There have also been occasions where Misty has angrily attacked people (whether verbally or physically) without being provoked in any way.

weedle_mchairbug said:
    Well, I haven't watched those anime, but I'm guessing they aren't exactly suitable for young audiences, so doing those won't be a good idea. In terms of the target age group (which is especially vulnerable), Misty's the closest to a good rolemodel that we can get. Heck, studies showed that Misty had a tremendous positive impact on the female audience.
    True Blood is not an anime. I was also referring to the Tales of Eternia game, not the anime (I have only seen one episode from the Tales of Eternia anime, so I cannot properly judge it).

True Blood, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Tales of Eternia may not fall under the same age demographics as Pokemon, but their viewers (or players in the case of Tales of Eternia) could still be affected by them psychologically. It is also a guarantee that young children will still be exposed to True Blood, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Tales of Eternia regardless of whether or not they are age appropriate for them.

I have never seen any studies which indicate that Misty has had a positive affect on Pokemon's female audience. If you can, provide me with a link showing how studies have proven Pokemon's female audience has been positively influenced by her.

Last edited:
    Years
    This topic kinda weirds me out a little. I get how all you guys would want the show to be a teen-style anime (I do too, as a matter of fact) but let's keep in mind that it's a kid show at heart. Little kids watch pokemon every day and it seems just a little twisted to me for teens and adults to be calling ten year old characters "hot" or "sexy". (Not saying everybody in the thread feels that way, but I've seen it mentioned a few times.) I would love for them to be teens too, but that's beside the point. They're ten. That's been settled. That's how the writers made the show. It's not supposed to be sexual at all. The girls are all flat, and even the ones who are older don't show anything off in their illustrations (Jessie), and the James breasts episode got banned even though it was PURELY comical in nature, so that shows how far they went to divert that way of thinking. Most of the time I would say it's not even supposed to be romantic apart from prepubescent crushes and Brock's silly gawking. The biggest singular theme in the show, for me, at least, is the power of friendship, NOT romance. And for all you silly shippers out there, there is such a thing as puppy love. That's what Misty's got for Ash, imo. Of course there will be innuendo, too. I think little kids understand the concepts of love and flirting and awkward situations, but nothing so sexual as what has been discussed in this thread.

/ pedophilia rant

HOWEVER.

As far as cool personality/character, I'd have to go with Misty. lol.

EDIT: Thank the good Lord for other sane people.

When the question in the poll asks who the "hottest" girl is, and when we consider the definition of "hot":

Quote:
    (slang) Of a person, very physically or sexually attractive.
    That woman is hot!
    then yeah, most (most, not all! =D) of the people who reply are going to be too busy ogling May's breasts or trying to catch a glimpse up Dawn's skirt to actually consider the implications of finding a ten-year-old sexually attractive.

Dawn
    May
    Misty

[LOGIC] This is weird 'cos they're all like 10 years old, we should be ashamed of ourselves [/LOGIC]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Even when nearing the centers of hot-springs, they still wear their towels.

Funny, from what little screenshots/scans I've seen of the LH series, they are completely disrobed by the time they are even in the center. In fact, the only time I even recall them in terms of scans and screenshots where they are still wearing towels is when they are at the perimeter of the spring.

I am not saying you do not have a right to try to eliminate such a stereotype. Considering I dislike it, I say go for it.

Thank you. And I will. Also, I wanted to have Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and any of the later characters play a role in stopping it, but ever since Disney Princess warped them to being no different than a FAS, and knowing how kids these days often act like what's is in the present is the only thing that even exist even if some of the so-called "past stuff" actually does exist on a large scale in the present day, and are ignorant of these things in such an impossible manner, later generations will never learn what kind of greatness Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and the rest did to promote feminism and not be relegated to beauty objects, I just couldn't do it. Hence, why Misty needs to return now.

Though it is technically a children's program, Pokemon is not innocent. It is chock full of innuendos.

Yeah, and they only increased by the time of AG. Heck, in DP, they had Jessie briefly nude, and they even showed off Giovanni being nude and also commiting to something that's borderline beastiality.

You are correct in assuming Jessie and Naru are similar, but we were discussing Misty, not Jessie.

Well, I was technically pointing out that Misty wasn't that similar to Naru, but yeah, I agree, sorry for bringing it up.

There have also been occasions where Misty has angrily attacked people (whether verbally or physically) without being provoked in any way.

And Ash has done the same thing. And, I've watched the entirety of Season 1, as well as most of the Johto episodes that had aired on that June Marathon shortly before the beginning of DP, and not once did I actually see her act like that (And I commit things to memory). Well, ok, maybe the Teddiursa episode, but that's it.

True Blood is not an anime. I was also referring to the Tales of Eternia game, not the anime (I have only seen one episode from the Tales of Eternia anime, so I cannot properly judge it).

Ok, now I know what True Blood is. It's that Vampire-human coexistance show on NBC.

True Blood, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Tales of Eternia may not fall under the same age demographics as Pokemon, but their viewers (or players in the case of Tales of Eternia) could still be affected by them psychologically. It is also a guarantee that young children will still be exposed to True Blood, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Tales of Eternia regardless of whether or not they are age appropriate for them.

Yeah, I know. I had a cousin who was exposed to one of the Pointdexter movies

I have never seen any studies which indicate that Misty has had a positive affect on Pokemon's female audience. If you can, provide me with a link showing how studies have proven Pokemon's female audience has been positively influenced by her.

Sure thing. I know it's technically from wikipedia, but since it's sourced (and I actually own one of the source materials), it seems ok to mention them.

[edit] Critical reception
    The book The Japanification of Children's Popular Culture described Misty's portrayal in the anime as a mother figure, calling her a "nurturing component" for the original trio of herself, Ash and Brock.[5] It further described her as an "unusually 'complete' girl of the cartoon world", noting both her feminine sentimentality and her "explosive rage".[6] Anime Classics Zettai!: 100 Must-See Japanese Animation Masterpieces praised the character as being "particularly nuanced" and described her as contributing heavily to the series' appeal.[7] Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokémon stated that the anime focused on Ash, Misty was a distinctly significant character especially to young female consumers, neither "butch" nor "dizzily feminine", seemingly "carefully constructed to appeal to preadolescent girls".[8] It added that unlike other aggressive female characters in the series, Misty did not sacrifice her femininity to succeed, making the character further popular with young American women, a contrast to Japanese children who focused more on the individual Pokémon species to identify with.[9]

In studies on the reactions boys and girls had to the concept of Misty as a heroine in the series, girls accepted it and were eager to associate themselves with the character,[10][11] while boys attempted to belittle her efforts.[10] On the other hand, children of both genders felt the character alongside Brock gave Ash a sense of identity and moral support, which researchers attributed to the concept of group identity.[12] In another study, children were shown to associate the attributes of attractiveness and aggressiveness, while college students described the character as romantic.[13] Pikachu's Global Adventure additionally stated Misty also served as a source of non-threatening sexuality for both older and younger male viewers, though the context of such was presented in a more subtle way for North American localizations of the series.[14]

And as promised, here are the sources:

5.^ West, Mark I. (2008). The Japanification of Children's Popular Culture. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 58. ISBN 0810851210.
    6.^ West, Mark I. (2008). The Japanification of Children's Popular Culture. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 78. ISBN 0810851210.
    7.^ Camp, Brian; Julie Davis (May 2007). Anime Classics Zettai!: 100 Must-See Japanese Animation Masterpieces. Stone Bridge Press. p. 283. ISBN 9781933330228.
    8.^ Tobin, Joseph Jay (2004). Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokémon. Duke University Press. p. 21. ISBN 0-822-33287-6.
    9.^ Tobin, Joseph Jay (2004). Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokémon. Duke University Press. pp. 231-232, 282. ISBN 0-822-33287-6.
    10.^ a b Tobin, Joseph Jay (2004). Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokémon. Duke University Press. p. 176. ISBN 0-822-33287-6.
    11.^ Katch, Jane (2004). They Don't Like Me: Lessons on Bullying and Teasing from a Preschool Classroom. Beacon Press. ISBN 0807023213.
    12.^ Tobin, Joseph Jay (2004). Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokémon. Duke University Press. pp. 169-170, 177. ISBN 0-822-33287-6.
    13.^ Ogletree, Shirley M.; Cristal N. Martinez, Trent R. Turner and Brad Mason (2004). "Pokémon: Exploring the Role of Gender". Sex Roles (Springer Netherlands) 50, Numbers 11-12 / June, 2004: 851-859. doi:10.1023/B:SERS.0000029102.66384.a2. ISSN (Print) 1573-2762 (Online) 0360-0025 (Print) 1573-2762 (Online).
    14.^ Tobin, Joseph Jay (2004). Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokémon. Duke University Press. pp. 284. ISBN 0-822-33287-6.

And I have read Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokemon, so I definitely know what I'm talking about, at least with that source.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    if i was a boy then may but im not a boy im a girl and i say ash!

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    Ooh, Misty. *goes to see the results*

....F@#$! *still doesn't know how vulgar you can be here, and would rather not irk off a mod just in case*

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    May. Easily, by far.

...Rather than write up some huge wall of text explaining why she's the most attractive, over-analyzing this discussion, I'm just gonna leave it at that.

:D

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Well since they are only cartoon characters, can't really say I'm attracted to them; but honestly my vote would go to Misty, I think shes the best out of the whole three ^^ maybe thats because I grew up with the original series and I prefer the original characters to the new ones. xD

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
    For me, its a tie between May and Misty, both have had their moments.
    Dawn just annoys me for some reason.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    On-topic, while I am attracted to girls, physical appearances are not what I care for. The only thing I truly think is important for a girl to deserve loyalty is her positive behavior and intelligence. So, really, I cannot vote.

O god. Gimme a break. No offense, but I have a real hard time believing this.

I think this topic is amusing, and the 12 year old fanboys will be boys. Hahaha.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Everyone, even those who go based on personality care even the slightest bit on looks I think. I won't date a girl unless she has a great personality and the attractive in my eyes. Hence, exactly why Dawn is mine. =X ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Everyone, even those who go based on personality care even the slightest bit on looks I think. I won't date a girl unless she has a great personality and the attractive in my eyes. Hence, exactly why Dawn is mine. =X ;)

The reason why I go for personality rather than looks is because if I went for looks, I fear that I'll be no different than Gaston, whom I hate.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years

i gota agree with you dawn has the personality so yeah i vote for dawn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back