• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Awesome nickname you ever gave to a pokemon?

Years
  • Whether you used the pokemon or not what was in your opinion the best nickname you have come up with.
    I caught Rufflet and named it F**K YEAH in capitals and i caught it's evolution and named it Colbert

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hahahah.... probably the names I gave to my first Yellow team. Things like...

JUNGLEDOOM (Venusaur)
    FIREDRAGON (Charizard)
    SHELLSHOCK (Blastoise)

Actually... Jungledoom was the best. Just... brilliant for a Venusaur. XDDD

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Ha! This sounds fun.

Best nicknames:

Volt (For my Pikachu. It's kinda corny but I like it.)
    Vapor (My Vaporeon, yet again, corny.)
    Skylar (My Staravia.)

That's all I can remember without my DS.

Years
  • In Fire Red, i named my Chamander into Tabasco.
    I also love Tabasco.
    In Platinum, i named Arceus into God, Giratina into Satan, then Dialga into DragonWOWings(Wow, exactly 13 letters)
    In White, i named Zekrom into HackRom xD.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I nicknamed my shiny Staraptor Horus and my shiny Swanna Bella. I usually name my shinies I find.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hmmm definitely IceBal for my spheal LOL. I knew of the attack called Iceball, and because Spheal is ice type, and kind of a spherical shape, I thought that was a good name. I was very young at the time, and when me and my friend replayed Sapphire and Ruby, about a month or two ago, it reminded me of the nickname and we were laughing sooo hard. I had a Spheal again in my team when I replayed it, and everytime I would talk about it, I'd accidentally call it IceBal, because I was so used to that, and my friend would totally die of laughing.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Probably Kim my Gardevoir, simply because it's gained such a reputation among my friends, so everytime she comes out, they cringe.
    Hey that my name! :o

Um, any ways, I've nicknamed so many Pokemon and many of them sounded awesome to me.

In first gen, I liked names I gave my three starters, Big Seed, Big Lizard and Big Turtle (I was seven, give me a break).

Clock the Noctowl
    Plode the Explode
    Smoke the Quilava
    Eve the Espeon
    Purevelle the Liepard
    Taka the Victini
    Snickers the Serperior (love that one)
    Ookrina the Simipour
    Zource the Zebstrika
    Zleep the Snorlax
    Sweetheart the Swoobat
    Notafunguy the Amoongus
    Roliss the Audino
    Fffish the Stunfisk
    Mino B the Bouffalant
    Scruffy the Scraggy
    Mothra the Larvesta
    Sparky the Pikachu
    Coal the Mightyena
    Tan the Houndoom
    Taffy the Phanpy
    Lampie the Thundurus
    Powpouch the Watchog
    Flag the Sawsbuck
    Moonshine the Clefable
    Defender the Skarmory

I could go all day with the nicknames I like. But I won't.

Espinight

That Dutch Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Zuara, my Rayquaza. It's just a part of his name in a different order, but I really like it.
    Also Blade, my Absol. Packs quite a punch, even in OU-tier fights. People don't usually expect an Absol in OU, I guess.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I named my Oshawott, "Osha--WHAT?!". I think that is the most epic name, I have ever given to any of my Pokemon and another awesome name I gave my Rattata once was "Top Percentage" because I thought of Youngster Joey and came up with that :P

Years
  • I named my Oshawott, "Osha--WHAT?!". I think that is the most epic name, I have ever given to any of my Pokemon and another awesome name I gave my Rattata once was "Top Percentage" because I thought of Youngster Joey and came up with that :P

The word "percentage" itself takes up the 10 character limit, so there's no way you could name something that.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i named my arceus "dabeast"
    and my Mewtwo "datrubeast"

Back