• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Boring City

Years
    Like Sheep I found Cianwood to be pretty boring, especially since the route to get there has an annoying amount of pokemon that like to confuse or poison you. And once you get there it's a whole lot of uninteresting, and the whole annoying journey feels like a waste. Other than that I think Jubilife city is pretty boring. The music isn't super intriguing and the town is very grey with not much to do in it besides the GTS and the trainer school.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    Generally a lot of towns feel a bit boring to me. Just to list a few: Eterna City. Music makes it feel really slow and lazy, and for a city there are very few buildings. Jubilife, Sandgem, and Twinleaf are also dull. Most of the starting towns or the second town you get to as well. Pacifidlog and Fallarbor are also a bit uninteresting, but the environments redeem them a little bit. Accumula's music was really nice, so I don't really think of it as boring.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Mahogany Town, of course. It's probably the smallest city in the series, and there's nothing to do there. I don't really count the Team Rocket Hideout as part of the city.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    It's a tie between Oldale Town, Cherrygrove City and Cerulean City. Oldale Town is just a pass through town that I based my character at so I could train. I only ever went to Cherrygrove City to get the Mystic Water although I did evolve my Eevee into Umbreon in Crystal there. I just never liked Cerulean City. The Nugget Bridge was a lot more interesting and I never had a reason to go back after the getting the bike and badge.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Like a lot of people have said, the starting towns are usually very boring. Why do people want to get out of them so much? XD After you leave, you pretty much never go back, not even to pass through. At least the second towns get passed through a little more often after the first visit.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
    Years
    At first i didnt think i could name a boring town/city, but after reading some of these im like, yea that place was boring, oh wait so was that place, and, oh yea i dont even remember that place, haha. So after hard thought, i have decided that pretty much the 2nd city/place you come to in practically every game would qualify for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    Probably Oldale Town, even though it is one of the towns towards the beginning of Sapphire/Ruby. Just nothing to do there

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Let's see what's most boring town in Gen games I played;
    1. Like most of you, I find Virdian city empty spacyness, it's less favor than other kanto towns
    2. Vermillion Town. Emptyness and the construction eldery and his machop which is creepily never finishes their project
    3. Cerulean (before elite four) it serve as GET A BIKE when you claim the free bike ticket and it's nothing
    4. Cianwood because of the sand and partially serve only as a gym
    5. Mahogany Town. minus lake of rage, the town seems small and only have 3 buildings; rocket base / shop, a house and gym.
    6. Certain city seemingly cluttered with less value (clutter of houses with no purpose)
    7. Pastoria city due to it's muddy and sticky version of Safari Zone.

hmm :S that's it I guess

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    By far and wide the most boring city ever is Mahogany Town in Johto. My god, there is literally nothing to do there. There's not even a PokeMart, despite it being the second to final city in the game. Story wise, the entire city functions as nothing more than Team Rocket's headquarters, but once you're finished spanking Team Rocket the place is a ghost town.

Also, like the others said, the second town you come to in most games is usually pretty bland. Cherrygrove, Oldale, Striaton, Aquacorde, just to name a few.

And last but not least, the town that's so bland most people are probably won't even remember it and are going to have to check Bulbapedia to find out where the heck it is: Anville Town.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
    I won't point out specifics but for me, the most boring cities are the ones that hold significance to the main storyline and once that's done, the city is pretty useless and doesn't need a revisit of any kind.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Half of Unova's cities certainly qualify, especially in BW1 where you just go from town to town, get their Gym Badge, and you're done, on to the next town. I'd have to say Mistralton, Lacunosa, and Lentimas are the most boring in my opinion. But there's one that's more boring than any of them: being Anville Town, where there's basically NOTHING to do there at all, in fact, there wasn't even a point for the place to even exist.

The second town in each game but Gen 1 qualifies as well: Cherrygrove, Oldale, Accumula, and Aquacorde all basically have nothing to do in them at all, since the only point they serve is to basically have a checkpoint between the starting town and the first gym, as well as to introduce the player to Pokemon Centers and occasionally the first rival battle.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
    Anville Town yes. Mahogany Town no, because Rocket Hideout is there. Accumula Town has the introduction to Team Plasma too.

I'd also say Oldale Town (second city where nothing at all happens), Lacunosa Town (another I forget exists), Lavender Town (in GSC and HG/SS anyway), Coumarine City (it has a monorail but the atmosphere and personality are boring), and Twinleaf Town (starting town without a lab? or anything unique?) all qualify.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Wut? I don't get what you're thinking at all.

Anyway, I think that Oldale is kind of dull; there isn't much to do there, tbh.

Sorry, didn't see this until I posted on your wall. Will C&P the reply from there.

I was just so disappointed by it. The city (and the idea behind it) had the potential to be groundbreaking and iconic, especially given the 'hype' around it, but it was all but wasted.

I mean, they had that ENTIRE Lumiose Tower and what did they do with it? They made it a gym. With a rubbish interior challenge.

They could and should have done so much more with it. I hope this gets rectified in game 3

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Additionally, Cherrygrove City. I get that they wanted something between Mr Pokemon and New Bark Town, but...

Back