• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most Common Shiny Caught

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Actually, the probability is 1/8192, get it straight people! Where the heck are you getting these random probabilities?

I think he meant what is the shiny that most people have either seen or own. If so, I think it is either Zigzagoon or Poochyena

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Ive -seen- a shiny caterpillar thing.. um.. the pink thing. << Sorry, bad with names. But unfortunately I have yet to actually catch anything. u.u

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
    Actually, the probability is 1/8192, get it straight people! Where the heck are you getting these random probabilities?

I think he meant what is the shiny that most people have either seen or own. If so, I think it is either Zigzagoon or Poochyena
    well,at least i was closer than some other ppl!

but i have yet to find a shiney pokemon on emerald,and most ppl have had a higher sucsess rate of finding a shiney on emerald.
    but on my crystal i do have a few shiny tangela...>.>

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    In three playthroughs I have only seen two shinies: a shiny Linoone which I caught, and a shiny Carvanha which I tried to catch but killed. --;

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Because the probability of seeing a shiny is 1/8192, the most common shiny would also be the most common pokemon. If you think about it, if you see 8192 pokemon, and 2000 of them are Poochyena (for argument's sake) then your chances of finding a shiny Poochy are much higher than finding a shiny Skarmory, which you may only see 10 or 15 times out of the 8192.

Flamman

still n00b, working on it!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    the only one i have ever found was a shiny walrein in the tower >_< i almost ate my gba out of frustration!

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    Never, in all my 7 years of obsessive pkmn gaming, have I ever seen a shiny. (NOT including red gyrados, obviously... jeez.) My friend had a shiny scizor, though. Besides red gyrados, the most common shiny would most probably be one of the more common wild pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2006
    i have never seen a shiny pokemon in r/s/e, in gold i had the red garydos and i found a golden meoth but killed it

master jared!

YES!!! 50 POSTS!!!!
    Years
    pepol stop killing your shinys! anyways i would say zubat i found 1 but i had no pokeballs plus hes the only shiny i ever saw:(

cyberloudred

KODO 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    enyce said:
    The red Gyarados

wait this is emerald discussion

you can get that in emerald i think,but i heard it was gold.i hear that some kid has a whole party of lv.100 shiny legendary pokemon.but i've never seen his party,i would love to battle him.he is friends with some kid who will arrange battles between him,you have to give him your game to see if your strong enough,he wouldnt let me though. :(

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    In Silver, I encountered a shiny Drowzee. Batteries died when I caught it. Found a shiny Zigzagoon in Sapphire. Killed it. Found a shiny Aron as well. Someone saved a new game over mine. I've seen my three shinies, and they're gone. Lucky me...

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
    Years
    Masquerade™ Inc. said:
    Because the probability of seeing a shiny is 1/8192, the most common shiny would also be the most common pokemon. If you think about it, if you see 8192 pokemon, and 2000 of them are Poochyena (for argument's sake) then your chances of finding a shiny Poochy are much higher than finding a shiny Skarmory, which you may only see 10 or 15 times out of the 8192.
    Actually, the odds of Poochyena being shiny (0%) and Skarmory being shiny is 33.33% why is this? Skarmory lives in the route which Sandshrew and Spinda live in. And there won't be any Poochyena in sight guranteeing that Poochyena cannot be shiny in that area. Poochyena lives on various routes so the percents of seeing one shiny out of the other pokemon can vary. But I know that you just took them as examples. : )

And even if you see about 2000 Poochyenas, the odds out of 8192 are reset everytime.

Last edited:
    Back