• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most difficult Pokemon to fight in Random Battles?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    On the battle server there's a Random Battle format. Basically, each player fights each other with randomized teams. I'm thinking about making a Randbats format for the server with only really broken Pokemon like Liepard. B)

With that said, what Pokemon are the most annoying to take out in Randbats?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Hmm...well let me think...probably PKMN who can learn Destiny bond. I know that isnt going to help you that much but, I will post it anyway.

Weellll, so like I said, PKMN who can learn destiny bond because one day i was battling with glitch and i had, like, three PKMN and he had one. So his...frosslass i think beat two of my PKMN and then he had no PP for his attacking moves. I had him covered until he used that Destiny Bond. The battle ended in a draw and i was like, "...........................................AAAAAHAGYAYDWEGFWQUYFGUQGEWUYGFQEGQ"

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm thinking about making a Randbats format for the server with only really broken Pokemon like Liepard. B)?

oh lord

I've found, and a particular someone can attest to this, that subseed Serperior is particularly difficult to deal with since teams are usually not equipped to work together and without something like Ferrothorn or a U-Turner with appropriate fodder, Serperior's likely to not go down easily.

Sirfetch’d

I've actually found Archeops one of the most annoying Pokemon in randbats because whenever the other player has one it's power just demolishes my team everytime before I can kill it.

As for annoying...definitely Shroomish and Liepard. They never die and are just a pain in general to deal with.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Probably Sigilyph. He can set up on many Pokemon with Cosmic Power and burn them with Psycho Shift, and if you're not lucky to have something like a special dark-type Pokemon, Roar or Dragon Tail or get a critical hit, it's pretty much gg.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Liepard! Depending on what team you're dealt it can be practically unbeatable haha. It does depend a fair amount on luck for Liepard, but moves like Swagger and Thunder Wave can form a very reliable duo and a hard one to fight against, especially with Prankster in the works. Then he even has moves like Foul Play to really kick you whilst you're down with the Attack boost from Swagger, so overall it can be a real beast to battle against.

Years
  • Liepard! Depending on what team you're dealt it can be practically unbeatable haha. It does depend a fair amount on luck for Liepard, but moves like Swagger and Thunder Wave can form a very reliable duo and a hard one to fight against, especially with Prankster in the works. Then he even has moves like Foul Play to really kick you whilst you're down with the Attack boost from Swagger, so overall it can be a real beast to battle against.

^ Basically agree with Ozzy. I had the experience of facing them in Random Battles on one Community Day and that strategy involving Thunder Wave to slow you down, Swagger to confuse you along with boosting your Attack which powers up Foul Play, and Substitute to block a lot of your hits makes for a really threatening opponent. Prankster makes it even worse due to giving priority to every single status move used.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2016
    Mamoswine. I absolutely hate fighting that thing. I dont know why, but i can never seat it. eem to b

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    FERROTHORN ANYONE

Seriously if you don't have anything that can quickly demolish it, that thing is an absolute pain. With an immunity to Toxic, huge defenses and access to frustrating moves such as Leech Seed and Thunder Wave, it can stall you out. Same applies to Shroomish, I once had a 40-turn stall battle with it. That smug little mushroom is broken I swear. >_>

Oh and Liepard! It doesn't seem too intimidating at first but it got its name haxloin for a reason. I've always found myself haxed by the thing as it freely sets up a sub, paralyzes you and then uses Swagger. Its a really frustrating combo and unless you carry something that's fast on their feet or immune to one of those moves. Otherwise, it's just a pain in the butt. And lastly, Articuno. Without Stealth Rocks or strong moves, god damn it. :I

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    Shroomish, Liepard, Dusclops, & Umbreon. I hate stall and defensive Pokemon that can regain hp.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
    Years
  • Liepard & Snorlax, if they have the right moveset.

Liepard is just so annoying, it just get's all swagger jagger on you and then it uses Foul Play and usually ends up sweeping your team if you don't have a Pokémon which can outspeed and 1HKO it.

Snorlax can be the most annoying stall ever. A few curses + Return + Rest + Sleep Talk, you're screwed. It's mainly just the regaining HP that really annoys me, taking it out would be slow but a lot easier then having to keep on smashing it's bulkiness.

They're my two main horrors, even though I don't moan when I use them (:3), but it's mainly just stalling and Pokémon that can regain HP that really burns my mind. >-<

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Shroomish, Liepard, Dusclops, & Umbreon. I hate stall and defensive Pokemon that can regain hp.

I can attest to Umbreon, and Lala could throw in something about Cresselia. Those two are the banes of my existence, especially if paired with something else stall, like Serperior, because then it has Wish support + dual screens and OH MY GOD

Back