• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most forgettable Unova Pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Sure we carry on about popular Pokemon like Gothitelle, Haxorus and Snivy (examples, kay), but in doing so we forget about the lesser known ones that we may not mention as much such as Whirlipede, Darumaka, etc.

Which ones are most forgettable to you and why? Is it that they don't have an appealing design or name in your opinion, or is it that they are not suited for competitive battling therefore forgotten? Or is it another reason altogether? Like for example their location in-game? Oh yes, as always, if you'd like to have a discussion about the Pokemon in question, we have an active likes/dislikes thread you can search for.

For me, I just looked at someone's signature, saw Gear, completely forgot about its existence. And that's not the first time ever - the same occured back when the Pokemon was initially revealed, which is when I was like "oh hey what's that other Pokemon I keep forgetting--oh right, Gear!"

Years
  • Herdier is definitely the most forgettable Pokemon

I mean uhm, Herdier is amazing.

Yes.

Anyway, most forgettable Pokemon to me is that cactus one. I also think Lilligant and that Leavanny or whatever it's called, are similar. Beheyem thingy I forget about too.

I probably overlook these guys because they just don't have any appeal to me.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    i swear i always forget about that fire anteater thingie's existence. maybe because by the time i get to victory road i really don't care for wild battles anymore and i spam repels so i never even get to see it in the light of day. plus no important trainer uses it so i'm like "whoa that thing exists?" every time i see it in battle which really isn't very often at all. :(

i also always forget about the cactus-thingy too, for mostly the same reasons. man, i don't even remember their names at this point. @_@

i would like to forget stunfisk but nooooooo... at least name it flounderp

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • Cryogonal. What on earth is it supposed to be? The sprite looks like someone tried to take a couple of blue polygons from the NES era and convert it into Pokemon format. I honestly thought my game had broken when I first encountered one in the wild, and every time I see it in my box, I have to pause to remind myself that IS a Pokemon, and not some terrible glitch that happened on a dark and stormy night when I was on the GTS.

The Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus trio are pretty forgettable as well...as in, if it wasn't for the name above the HP bar in the top corner, I'd forget which one it is I'd be battling.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I don't really firget any of the 5th gen pokemon, but the two that hardly ever ring a bell are Heatmor and Genesect. I just don't take too much notice of them. Nice designs though, I just forget they exist sometimes :/

2000th post :D

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Herdier is definitely the most forgettable Pokemom

I mean uhm, Herdier is amazing.

Yes.

Anyway, most forgettable Pokemon to me is that cactus one. I also think Lilligant and that Leavanny or whatever it's called, are similar. Beheyem thingy I forget about too.

I probably overlook these guys because they just don't have any appeal to me.

Whos herdier? I think he is the most forgetab........
    Herdier is totally unforgetable
    On a serious note i think i just forget about durant cause im always spraing repel in its face

Dark Aura

u wot m8
    Years
  • A lot of the pokemon introduced in those games are somewhat random... I prefer it when they resembled cool animals. What was that one that looks like an alien baby floating in bubbles of gel???

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

A lot of the pokemon introduced in those games are somewhat random... I prefer it when they resembled cool animals. What was that one that looks like an alien baby floating in bubbles of gel???

You mean reuniclus? He is a green pshchic type, is that the one ur thinkin of?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Maractus, Genesect, Leavanny, Heatmor, and Cottonee are among the forgettable Pokemon for me, mostly because I very rarely ever see them, in the wild or on an opponent's team.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Maractus - Hardly ever see it in the wild or on trainers' teams, it's not very strong and design-wise it's basically a less awesome Cacturne. Very forgettable.

Stunfisk
    - Honestly, I always forget this thing exists, because I've never seen on in-game. Seriously, where do you catch these things?

Vullaby/Mandibuzz - Not used by any in-game trainers at all.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
    Years
  • Ducklett and Swanna has a simple and boring design in my opinion, and is therefore quite forgetable.
    Rufflet was the last name in this gen, that i learnt, so he is quite forgetable for me too :D

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • That snowflake thing. I literally keep forgetting it exists.

Also the evolved form of Cubchoo.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Heatmor, Maractus, Cryogonal, and Emolga. Almost anything that's hard to find and not worth the time raising, basically.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Hahaha there's a few, and I'm trying reaaally hard to remember what the most forgettable are, but I feel like I just see the same 20 pokemon over and over again in-game.

I always forget..
    Maractus-thing : I don't think it's even in my pokedex
    Heatmor-thing
    Basculin
    Most of the legendaries
    I'm sure there are others, and this is barring NFEs

And c'mon Cryogonal is so awesome D: he's a snowflake! With a mustache!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Basculin - Not very appealing, outside of the design difference between the two forms, there doesn't seem much appeal to it.

Maractus - I don't know if it's that people find other grass types offered stronger, or if it is something else. But I just thought seems like a wanna version of Cacturne. Not too much too it seems like one of those cactus from Mario.

Klink - I'd like to say this line, but people will probably bring this up in the future as too how the design progression between one stage to the next didnt deviate much from the previous thus being a mediocre designed line. And N had one omg instead awesome...

Beheeyem - I guess it was so forgotten they just forgot to add it to Caitlin team. Ah it's a space alien cool beans! Not really that great if you ask me. I liked Elgyem a lot better.

Mandibuzz - Cause it's overshadowed by Braviary epicness.

Back