• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most Hated Gen 5 Pokémon! Vanilluxe vs. Garbodor

Which Pokémon do you hate the most?

• Vanilluxe

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Garbodor

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    As we all know, Generation 5 has the infamous reputation of being the most stale, boring and generally hated one pokémon design-wise.

So in this week's poll we'll clash 2 of the most hated pokémon in history and learn who is the most unpopular one.

Years
    I don't want to have to answer this... But I picked Vanilluxe. Garbodor actually has usage *cough Turkey from Marriland's Black Wedlocke cough*. That thing has Stockpile, not too terrible an Attack stat... The only major downside is that it has very few good physical attacks while its special attack is much lower. Vanilluxe, however, has very little beyond Ice-type attacks and some support moves.

Years
    I answered Garbodor, and fyi my choice was largely based on the design. I kinda find the thing ugly (although Trubbish is adorable) and its cry sounds really derpy, and has not very good abilities. Oh and did I forget its movepool is not tailored well to its stats? It does learn interesting stuff but they're mainly special moves and it's more of a physical attacker, and it doesn't get good physical STAB other than Gunk Shot.

Vanilluxe, as mentioned has a shallower movepool (the only stuff it gets besides Ice moves are some support moves, special-based Steel moves like Mirror Shot and Flash Cannon, and a few odd physical moves) but it actually has balanced stats going for it, and I like its design much better than Garbodor's.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    I hate both as well as 80%+ of the Unova Pokemon. But if I had to choose one then I'm going with Vanilluxe because it's an ice cream cone which is really stupid imo. Don't care for Garbodor either since it's just a blob of trash. Definitely terrible design choices when it comes to the Unova Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I went with Garbodor.

Garbage Pokemon - no
    Ice Cream Pokemon - yes

Garbodor just isn't appealing to me in any way at all. At least Vanilluxe is ice cream, and ice cream is GOOD.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    LOL I agree with ShinyUmbreon189, if I had to choose between Vanilluxe and Garbodor, I will always pick Vanilluxe... Come on seriously?! It's ICECREAM for Pokemon's sake And... it's a "product" to be consumed by humans, how can you create a Pokemon out of this?!

I mean sure, Trubbish/Garbodor are based on a trashbag, but come on, i.e. we have Magnemite/Magneton (just a bunch of magnets), Voltorb/Electrode is just a ball based on a "Pokeball", Grimer/Muk (basically a pile of sludge) and I was never bothered by them too tbh.

But when I saw the Vanillite line in Gen.5... Man... Makes me think we haven't seen it all...yet xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel that Garbodor's concept is rather unique, and way they've designed it was much better than Vanilluxe. Garbodor is generation five's Muk, if you will; Muk doesn't look so good, is poisonous, has similar general characteristics, and while battling, they also perform the same; if you compare side-by-side, you would notice how similar their learn-sets seem to be and whatnot.

Vanilluxe, on the other hand... it's based off ice-cream, which is made by humans, and seeing such a thing float in air doing its thing is sort of scary, in a way. Well, at least in my eyes. If it were partially ghost-type, I suppose it would have been explainable; ghosts possess inanimate objects all the time, and same could have been applied here. Also, there doesn't seem to be much ice-ghosts out there aside from Froslass, and this would help in reducing that dilemma.

Nakala Pri

As much as I frickin' love ice cream, I'm gonna vote for Vanilluxe. :( When I saw it for the first time I was just like 'Oh, a floating ice cream, cool!' but when I saw Garbodor, poop + pants were in alignment. B) XD

He takes you by surprise because he is a massive garbage back mouse who has the potential to completely KO your team with Sludge Bomb! :D And I once made a short story about a Trubbish and this guy was in it so yeah, I sorta gotta save him from the angry mob. xD

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I'm the hipster who likes most of the Unova Dex, and well, I find nothing wrong with them. Vanilluxe isn't ice cream, it's snow balls that look like ice cream cones, which has some degree of reality since ice cream used to be made of real ice when it was invented. And Garbodor is supposed to be repulsive.

Years
    *hits blunt*

"ayy guys we need a new pokemon"

"how about a garbage bag?"

"omg perfect"

"hey i got another idea"

"omg what"

"how about we make it almost completely useless?"

"you're a goddamn genius"

I'm not quite sure what was going through the minds of the designers when they made Garbodor, but I think that paints a pretty accurate picture

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Honestly I love both of these guys and while I get the reasons for the hate, there are just...much worse Pokemon to hate.

tl;dr I LOVE ICE CREAM AND GARBAGE FIGHT ME

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Competitively, Garbodor is a good Toxic Spikes user and can abuse STAB Gunk Shot pretty well, while Vanilluxe is completely outclassed. That said, I still hate Garbodor more than Vanilluxe due to its ridiculous design. Garbodor is certainly not my least favourite Pokemon, though.

Years
    Honestly I love both of these guys and while I get the reasons for the hate, there are just...much worse Pokemon to hate.

tl;dr I LOVE ICE CREAM AND GARBAGE FIGHT ME

Yeah, most of the hate is stemmed in the design concepts....which I don't understand!

Trubbish and Garbador are cute/funny and much more evolved than their predecessors grimer and muk.

I actually love Vanillite and hate Vanilluxe. I had such high hopes for an icecream pokemon, then it all went sour and spoiled.

The mouth and eyes just completely ruin it for me; it looks like a spongebob character.

So, I hate Vanilluxe, and not because it has an icecream cone design.

Grotesque

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    I liked Vanilluxe for the record, but Garbodor was a terrible pokémon, so it's no competition who gets the vote.

Last edited:

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
    Years
    Had to go with Vanilluxe. Poison type pokemon > ice type in my opinion plus the derpyness of Garbrador at least gives me a laugh everytime i see it. Vanilluxe not so much :/.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Garbodor. Can't stand it. I don't like a lot of Unova Pokemon. I wasn't so involved in that region, it just wasn't enjoyable with the new Pokemon and literally 0 old ones.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I dont like garbadors design plus hes plain ugly Vaniluxe is actually pretty powerful and atleast looks good but i cant say i love that its based off of ice cream.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back