• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most hated gym

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
Years
  • Fortree, Petalburg, Sootopolis, Mossdeep, Dewford and Mauville.

Quite tough.

Fortree has real hard puzzles and the pokemon I chose as a starter was a torchic, when I battled Winona, I had a Blaziken, and she OHKO'd me with just a puny wing attack. Boo.

Petalburg's Norman has pokemon that know's Facade. You can't paralyze it, poison it or burn it... argh. Paralz/Pois/Brn makes Facade 2x stronger.. =(

Sootopolis made me get a nervous breakdown. The puzzles (last) was waaay too hard and it took me more than 10 tries to get past the last puzzle. And his pokemon pwn Blaziken btw.

Mossdeep's Psychic pwn my Blaziken as well.

and... Dewford. It's quite hard since the first psychic types available to you are Dustox (I don't know if Beautifly is included.), Abra and Ralts.
    Ralts is sucky and needs to level up so it can battle, needs exp. share, you need to have one since you can't raise it the hard way, and it only knows growl.
    Abra is the same with Ralts, only it knows Teleport.
    You have to evolve a Wurmple to a Cascoon to a Dustox. The bad thing there, you don't know if your Wurmple will become a Cascoon, because i'm not sure if Beautifly is Psy & Flying or Flying & Bug. If it turns out that it's a Silcoon... you need to catch one again in PW (Petalburg Woods), they never run out of stock, I tell you...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It's been so long since I have defeated the Gyms that I don't remember. ;^^

Though... if I would have to say Least Favorite on Ruby? It would have to be Wattson. :| Not that he was hard or anything, but it's just that I had to evolve my Mudkip in order to defeat him because I was always too lazy to train and Geodude. ;_;

Yes... I'm strange. =P

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • my second time going thru the game showed me how tough wattson's gym was. i couldn't beat that gym for the longest time until i had caught a geodude and leveled it up to 18 where it learned magnitude. oh god, what a life saver that geodude was.

im going to hate going into tate and liz double psychic gym >.>

Years
  • Definatly Whitney.
    Having a Quilava, Pidgey, and Flaffy didn't help. AT ALL
    That darn Milktank with it's rollout. I cried a few times over that.....=)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Mine is definitely Whitney, her Miltank is just annoying. Especially when Rollout is OHKOing all of your Pokemon ._.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Tate and Liza. I had to try like 12 times. I beat them by critical hits

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Finally omeone to agree with me. I blew through all the other leaders but them.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • lol what? lots of people have said Tate and Liza are the hardest so I don't know why you have to announce when someone agrees with that...

I think the hardest gym leader I've ever had to deal with was Clair in GSC, Kingdra annihilated my Typhlosion with Surf, and I didn't really have anything else that could stand up to her, finally had to train another 10 or so levels in the Ice Path just to beat her :/

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I don't know why everyone hates tate and liza, i find fighting them a great joy.

My most hated gym must be Vermillion, not because of surge but because of those damn bins.

Also winona, i love just going through her gym because of that puzzle. (when i'm bored i just go through the gym puzzles for fun, great on D/P) But her Altaria was almost godlike, it nearly killed my entire squad, to be beated by my grovyle.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • If we are talking ANY region here, i guess i would go with LT. Surge in Firered

This isn't because HE is hard, the frigging solving the rubbish bin part took me forever, it is so annoying xD

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    My most hated gym is Wattson. I started with grovyle and I couldn't do anything.Took me about 6 supoer potions to beat him and 3 tries ><

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • Brawly is easy, unless I ended up letting him get too many Bulk Ups with Makuhuita (I almost always got a Taillow)

Wattson... well, I remember I'd reset my first game because I couldn't beat him with my Grovile and the rest of my team. But after I picked Mudkip... he was easy.

Flannery- See, if you somehow got a Female Marshtomp/Graveler/Numel, whatever, she was easy. if they were male- or worse you didn't use them... She was difficult. If she got a Sunny Day off, everything not resisting Overheat died. Then if the pokemon resisted overheat and was male, it would eventually be paralyzed, then attracted until it died. and if it was female, it was just attracted. but it didn't matter that much if you were prepared...

Norman...- No Fighting Types = Difficult. However, I found something that really helps on my current Ruby run through. A Torkoal with Curse + Protect + Body Slam makes him really easy to beat.

Winona- Blizzard + Swampert/Marshtomp(If I'm too lazy to find/buy Ice beam) = Win.

Tate/Lisa... These two are more difficult than Norman, but Hypnosis sucks a lot.

But Whitney was bad in G/S/C, but not as bad as Sabrina/Koga in Yellow... I mean, 3 Lv50's when you are most likely hitting the high 30's / Low 40's or the 5 Lv.44+ Bugs? they were much harder than this lot of leaders.

Years
  • I don't see why brawly was so hard.
    I always skipped over him, when i needed to beat all 5 gym leaders i beat him last.
    Easiest thing to do.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    My Gym Leader Experience with all 3 starters.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I hated Wallace in R/S and Johan in Emerald, their both REALLY annoying with that Kindgra 9(Johan), it has a Chesto Berry also it sleeps a LOT and also puts its evasivness up and up and up and Wallace is just plain noob.

Back