• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*~Most Hated Pokemon Ability~*

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    What do you think? What ability for a pokemon do you hate the most? Personally, I HATE Lopunnys ability, Klutz. All it does is makes it not able to hold, hold items.

I still havent found a point to that ability...So, What does everyone else hate as an ability?

Also, If you have any experiences with these hated abilitys in battles, OR have advice for other people who run into these "bad" abilitys, then feel free to help. Have fun!

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Slow Start is kinda Crappy as well, since you need speed. it's one of the Most Important Stats.

Years
    i dont lyke slow start cauz it halves speed AND attack. normalize sux, klutz, and espicially traunt(sp). they all SUCK! oh yeh yamega skittys other ability is cute charm.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Well, the lamest ability one of my pokemon ever had was Run Away on my Ponyta. lmao.. =/ I didn't notice until after I was training it for a while, and didn't feel like getting a new one.

RJx2541

TALK TO THE PAW!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    I have 3 that I hate.

Slow Start-Regigigas
    Dry Skin-Croagunk
    Truant-Slakoth/Salking

Years
    I hate Truant, but it's fair to put it on Slaking since it has stats on par with some legendaries. Run Away, in my opinion, is either lame or helpful. It's pretty lame if your Pokemon has a high Speed rating *coughFurretcough* and usually has no trouble running away from battles. It can be helpful if you find yourself up against high-leveled Pokemon that you normally can't hope to escape from.

m

Years
    I hate Truant, but it's fair to put it on Slaking since it has stats on par with some legendaries. Run Away, in my opinion, is either lame or helpful. It's pretty lame if your Pokemon has a high Speed rating *coughFurretcough* and usually has no trouble running away from battles. It can be helpful if you find yourself up against high-leveled Pokemon that you normally can't hope to escape from.

Those are some good points. Traunt is a stupid ability, but at least they gave it to Slaking. If they gave it to something like a Skiploom or something, then their would be some problems lol.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    The worst ability is definitely Truant and Slow Start. Klutz can be used if you have a great strategy, just like Truant(non-DP Hyper Beam) and SlowStart(Trick Room). The problem with using Klutz is the Pokémon must have Switcheroo, to switch (Toxic)Fire Orb/Iron Ball/Choice Band(Scarf) or some other items. Even if you obtain a Choice Item via Switcheroo, Klutz disables its use and allows you to use another attack.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    Truant is the one I hate the most. It makes me unable to use the fully evolved version of my favorite pogeymahn (vigoroth ftw).

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Hmm...I hate the abilties:

Klutz- Buneary and Loppuny should have the ability, Own Tempo or something...:X
    Normalize- Please...don't even get me started on this....Skitty and Delcatty is fine with Cute Charm...WHy do they have to give them another ability...
    Stall- Sableye isn't strong but it has some possibilities, Keen Eye was useless most of the time so why give Sableye Stall!?

Truant? There's nothing wrong with it...It gives so advantage..well only if you have the Move Skill Swap....

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Truant is the worst ability. Without it, Slaking would be the most popular competitive physical sweeper of all time. Klutz does have its uses though. I once fought someone who used a Lopunny that Tricked a Flame Orb onto my best physical sweeper, and led me through a chain of events that led to my defeat.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Definatly no guard
    theres really no point, why does machop have it...

no guard is great for moves that dont hit often- remember, it's not just that machop always gets hit, the opponent always gets hit too

but truant is bad, i dont like it

m

Years
    Wow

Wow, I love watching my thread fill up like this, thanks everyone for the posts. Other than,

------------
    Stall
    Normalize
    Klutz
    Traunt
    Dry Skin
    Slow Start
    Guard
    ------------
    Are their any more that people dislike?

Also, anyone want to tell us about their encounters with Pokemon that had these abilitys, and what happened?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    What do you think? What ability for a pokemon do you hate the most? Personally, I HATE Lopunnys ability, Klutz. All it does is makes it not able to hold, hold items.

I still havent found a point to that ability...So, What does everyone else hate as an ability?

Also, Mods, I forgot to put this in a different forum, so could somone please move this? It would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Don't you think it adds realism to the game?

I'm sure not all Pokemon are great at holding things.

Back