• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Horrible / Best Pokemon Walking/Battle Sprite?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Maybe Voltorb hops XD Anyways, I've yet to have a fishy Pokemon flop behind me, but I've had Horsea do it. Does anyway find it odd that horsea doesn't "float" backwards (back to the Trainer)? PokeDex entries say it moves by shooting pressured water from its snout, meaning it'd move backwards.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This thread shares a relatively similar topic to this thread here, which is listing the worst and best Overworld sprites of a Pokémon. So, to keep the topic together I've just merged the thread on water OW's with this one here to keep the topic going similarly.

My favorite sprite though would probably be Noctowl, it's huge and it flies. It's awesome! Worst sprite I've used so far though is Geodude. It just doesn't look right in my opinion. :\ Having Water types out though is kind of odd, but then again this is Pokémon we're talking about, so...yeah.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    First of all, it walks on all fours, not on two like in the anime. Second, it's eyes are closed like Abra's.

In the game's defense, Meowth in the anime was unique in that he could walk on two legs. He taught himself to walk and talk to impress a female Meowth, I believe.

But closed eyes is really weird, I agree.

Subject

Gardevoir Masta!
    Years
    In the game's defense, Meowth in the anime was unique in that he could walk on two legs. He taught himself to walk and talk to impress a female Meowth, I believe.

But closed eyes is really weird, I agree.

She sells sea shells by the sea shore XD(yay old flash backs)
    I think the eyes are closed to show its cuteness if its eyes were open they be to big for his face and etc

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
    I liked how they showed the real colors even if they were shiny! but I say I didn't like Typhlosion.

Years
    I haven't seen all of them yet, but so far I really like Mareep's and Pidgey's for their cuteness and Magikarp's for the hilariousness.

Not a fan of Granbull, who I have on my team right now. It looks too thin.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Dude....Raquaza is awsome, he is so big....The Worst would have to be eigther Ninetails or Machamp...they just look plain retarded

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Charizard looks way to cartoony and i dont like how typhlosion sticks his butt out....o well....

like the eevee evolutions though!

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
    Just got a Machamp...and it's very creepy, especially since I have the female character. It looks like a stalker..pedophile lol. It's 2 back arms are raised up really high.

Shiiny Pikachu

SUPER AWESOME SHINY PIKACHU
    Years
    My favorite Walking sprites are Raichu,Skarmory,Gastly,and Smeargle (I like that it holds up its tail when it follows you )

But my least favorite is Geodude. I hate his walking sprite.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I was hopeing to see Magikarp floping around. I was very sad to see it looks like youve tied a fishing line to your belt and just drag it along behind you. -sighs- What a waste of a pokeball.

I just caught a magikarp just to see it's overworld sprite and it looks like it's floating in the air. Really really funny. XD XD

Years
    I personally think that the evolved versions of the starter pokemon were awkward. Bayleef and Meganium seem topheavy, and I'm not too fond of the other ones either, as much as I love them.

Chikorita and Nidorina are my favourite walking sprites. ^_^

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I don't like shiny Ho-Oh's walking sprite, it just looks like a ball of stuff. I agree that Gastly and Geodude look ridiculous though.

My favourite would be either Sceptiles, Lugias or Rayquaza. They all look incredible. I liked Tyranitars, but i was still disappointed with it. For a psuedo-legendary it wasn't grand enough.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I love Typhlosions!!! Togekiss's too.....but i hated Gyrados.....i mean it's 21 feet tall and it looks like it is your height xD

Back