• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Horrible / Best Pokemon Walking/Battle Sprite?

Years
  • I think the best is Dragonite.
    Personally, I dislike Ho-oh. Looks like a huge mess of red and gold and white.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    My favorite is Shiny Charizard... looks so cute! Ursaring looks cute too, like a teddy bear!
    Chickorita is the worst IMO.

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I think Jolteon and Luxray look pretty cool—especially from the front. One of the worst is Alakazam. Just looks horrible in the overworld imo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I really like Scythers sprite and Growlithe looks really skinny but still super cute

Adrenalyn

this wild life...this freedom
    Years
  • So far, I have to say my favorites are Weezing, Snorlax and Flygon. I hate Toxicroak's sprite when he walks behind you he looks like a little blob, and was really disappointed in Raikou, so small and he didn't seem very powerful like a legend should.

SleepyKicks

Just Another Trainer
    Years
  • Groudon is just too BIG, but he sure looks intimadating.
    I would say my favorate would be Giratina, it just looks so cool.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I recently acquired Pikachu and it's kinda... weird lol I personally think it's too tall when you have the front-on view :s

Years
  • Latias looks weird. Whenever it faces downwards I look at her head and get the feeling she has some demonic black eyes somehow. I can't tell what is eyes and what's not...

Other than that I didn't found any other sprites that were awkward in any way.

Uruk

i'm gonna have me some fun.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    i lol each time i look at meganium, it's EVIL. xD

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    A lot of the sprites don't look too good when they're facing you. lol

I don't like Bellsprout's because it has such thin legs (which is accurate since bellsprout's legs are just roots...)

I like Cyndaquil and Pikachu though

Years
  • My least favorite walking sprite would be Geodude. When I caught one to show the Safari Zone guy, it looked absolutely hideous.

I like Ho-Oh's sprite a lot. It's so big and looks great. I also enjoy Crobat's.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I recently acquired Pikachu and it's kinda... weird lol I personally think it's too tall when you have the front-on view :s
    Haha, same here. It just looks way too weird compared to the other Pokemon, it looks too small.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Furret, hands down.

Cute as HECK with his/her little pointed ears and a thick bushy striped tail that points up and s/he trots along after you on four legs and hops up and down with a cute-sounding synthesized Eeeeep! sound.

Bayleef is awesome, too.

Trots along after you with his/her leaf waving and hops up and down.

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Shaymin's the best in my opinion. It looks so cute and detailed, unlike some of the other Pokemon. It's also downright puny, as it should be.

Back