• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    So basically I would hate it if he was the guy in charge of my country.

Bonus: His parents made an off-shore company in Panama so he could avoid inheritance tax on a few hundred thousand pounds.

And a former party leader started rumours that he once put his genitals on a dead pig's face as some sort of university initiation game.

I'm not making my mind up about my vote until I get some information that isn't blatant scare-mongering or baseless predictions about the economy.

Well, good luck, because that's all your ever get.

As an European federalist myself, I'd ask everybody to vote "remain", not least because the Commons study group made for that purpose some years ago ruled that the balance of powers between the EU and the UK parliament was fine enough. But also because anything that is supported by UKIP, The Sun, The Daily Mail, the Daily Express and Boris Johnson must, by necessity, be bad or wrong.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Bonus: His parents made an off-shore company in Panama so he could avoid inheritance tax on a few hundred thousand pounds.

And a former party leader started rumours that he once put his genitals on a dead pig's face as some sort of university initiation game.

There's also that. Funny how the Panama stuff is not on the spotlight in this country anymore.

And ugh. What the everliving hellfuck.

pkmin3033

Well, good luck, because that's all your ever get.

As an European federalist myself, I'd ask everybody to vote "remain", not least because the Commons study group made for that purpose some years ago ruled that the balance of powers between the EU and the UK parliament was fine enough. But also because anything that is supported by UKIP, The Sun, The Daily Mail, the Daily Express and Boris Johnson must, by necessity, be bad or wrong.
    True enough...and they've still got two months to frighten us even further with wild claims, too. I'm convinced by this point that knowledge about politics and the economy are mutually exclusive things in public officials ._.

All I really care about is that we stay out of the euro, and since that isn't being called into question...well, I don't see any huge need to leave. But then, I don't have all the information I'd like on it yet.

On that cheery note, Happy St. George's Day, people!

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    I'm not sure who has the worst political state at the moment anymore: the US, the UK or us Aussies

I mean the US Republicians are deliciously terrible but at least their main man's plans probably won't ever be put into action because I'm pretty sure even Congress right now wouldn't waste billions of dollars on some terrible wall

meanwhile Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer has some horrific ideas and beliefs that actually aren't that far-fetched right now (pro-life unless it's life-threatening if the pregnancy continues, planning to go back to the foreign affairs policy that led to the rise of ISIS and a terribly pointless war, a flat tax, anti-gay marriage, doesn't believe in climate change, plans to increase the retirement age, using oil and gas instead of nuclear power, and so forth)

Years
    I'm not sure who has the worst political state at the moment anymore: the US, the UK or us Aussies

Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    given that Abbott the Goblin King got kicked out a while ago I would say Australia isn't as bad as it was

Years
    given that Abbott the Goblin King got kicked out a while ago I would say Australia isn't as bad as it was

I was happy he got kicked out, because he reminded me of a supreme alien ruler. And you know, Australia seems likely to have an election this year at a much earlier month than usual.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    The problem is Turnballsack isn't much better

god, I wish we had the labor party back in right now, I'll take Julia Gillard over these idiots any day

Years
    I feel like whatever outcome we get at the next election we'll have a dull government either way. Plus my brother recently turned 18 so I'm worried about him getting a hefty fine for not voting.

Years
    You get a fine if you don't vote in Australia?
    Over here in the United States, I still have yet to vote since turning 18. I don't feel informed enough... or perhaps I'm simply complacent and more concerned with other things. As long as Trump and Cruz don't win it should be okay, I think...

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You get a fine if you don't vote in Australia?
    Over here in the United States, I still have yet to vote since turning 18. I don't feel informed enough... or perhaps I'm simply complacent and more concerned with other things. As long as Trump and Cruz don't win it should be okay, I think...

any non-vote is a vote for the republican candidate so get your ass in the booth!

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    I wondering what happened to PokeCommunity for the next 10 years.

Futuristic stuff? Or still the good old forum fashioned style.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    woah back the fuck up.

in Australia it's illegal to not vote?? that's insane and so demeaning to the people who actually go out of their way to care about and contribute to their country's politics. Don't get me wrong, I think it's good to be at least somewhat in the know about how your country's run and to have your say but if you truly know nothing or don't care, you should not vote. I know people who voted Conservative in the uk's last general election because "I don't really get politics but I guess I should vote and blue is a nice colour" and, if every vote really counts, it's now their ignorance that we're all paying for. plus, it's important to know who didn't vote so politicians know which areas need to be engaged more in the next election. forcing people to vote just results in loads of people who don't care contributing to something they don't understand for fear of prosecution if they don't. That's such a forced and artificial way of deciding a country's leadership and the actual outcome is not going to be representative of what people who care about politics want.

Years
    Part of the Australian government's message is that everyone deserves to have a say on who runs the country, so they literally enforce anyone who's a resident over 18 that they all must leave their say.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back