• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Since college I've been sleeping much earlier than usual and I've luckily broke into a reasonable sleeping pattern. Pretty sure that will get messed up once summer comes around and there's no college to wake up for.

Years
    I don't think I could ever balance both college and work at the same time... even if I was only part-time on both ends... I am weak.

Years
    Yeah, that sounds terrible for your health, too. 10 or 12 hours each day is gonna give you a lot of grey hairs early.

pkmin3033

I tried juggling a part-time weekend job with University...definitely don't recommend it. You need time to relax and recharge, and do various work you probably won't want to do on the same day you've got lessons even if you have lesson gaps.

I cracked after six months. xD

Years
    School really is a job in itself. I work at a school and they say that for every hour you spend in class you should be spending two on studying/homework/assignments/projects. If you have a full time student they're probably taking 12-15 hours of classes each week which means 36-45 hours in total.

Years
    Studying is a skill really. I know some community colleges have study skills classes. They're usually pretty short and don't require a huge commitment or anything. High schools don't often prepare you for much of anything except showing up and doing what you're told.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I sometimes find it hard to focus when studying, it does help if it's a quiet environment that isn't cluttered with mess. It's so easy to find distractions and to be put off by mess when studying in those situations.

pkmin3033

I think learning good and effective studying habits is probably just as hard as the material you study as a part of your course, really. It took me years to work out a good system I could stick to, and even then I struggled to stick to it. Everything becomes a distraction, because suddenly it's the last thing you want to do even though you know you should and will probably regret it if you don't.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Studying is a skill really. I know some community colleges have study skills classes. They're usually pretty short and don't require a huge commitment or anything. High schools don't often prepare you for much of anything except showing up and doing what you're told.
    nail on the head

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Studying aka star dying (joke) is not my profession actually, but learning is fun and study often helps you to get pass for your exams.

pkmin3033

Yeah, studying generally does help you to learn the material required to pass your exams on said material. xD

...not too much, though. Too much study is just as bad as not enough study. And this is making me so nostalgic for school! I'd love to go back and do another degree if I could afford to =/

pkmin3033

I intend to get a school hours job in the future if I can, because they're very agreeable hours. 9am til 5:30pm is soul-sucking and horrific and makes you question the validity of life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back