• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most memorable city?

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    In your mind, what's the most memorable city or area in all the Pokémon games so far?

Also, if you watch the Anime, do you think they portrayed that city/ area well in the game as compared to the show (or vice versa)?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    All of Pearl's cities.

Specially Veilstone City and Pastoria City. And meaby Snowpoint City.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There's a certain place in Kanto I can think of that everyone remembers. You talk to current fans, they'll know it. You can talk to old fans that didn't play past gen I or II and they'll know it. Lavender Town. I think the music and the scary ghosts has definitely made it the most memorable town in Pokemon. That is for general audiences, though. As for myself, the most memorable city for me is...I wanna say Mauville in RSE. I don't know why, really. Probably cause I spent my time egg hatching in that area, there's tons of trainers on the routes by it (which I liked!) and the music used to get stuck in my head all the time. Lavender is a close second though, with Olivine being third. As for anime portrayals, I can't really say. I haven't watched the anime in so long, so I can barely compare. :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Taking Syd's criteria as a place that "everyone remembers", amongst my friends it's only really Pallet Town that would illicit a wide "oh, yeah" nostalgic sigh if mentioned in passing. Maybe Viridian City, as it's the first 'big' one encountered.

Personally speaking, though, I've always been a fan of Goldenrod City. There have been bigger and better metropolises (metropoli?) in Pokemon, but I have vivid memories of riding around Goldenrod on my bike - mainly trying to hatch eggs and other such stuff - and going to the shopping centre and the Underground and oh to be playing Gold version again. Nostalgia...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    For uniqueness i would say, Cianwood City or Fortree City. A city on a beach and a City in the trees.
    But for one i shall never forget, Goldenrod! All the way, I can never forget it's layout, the music, where things are :D It's amazing! I wuvs it.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
    I'd have to say Lavender Town or Foretree City.
    As said Foretree City is unique and was just awesome ^.^

But Lavender Town was also epic where trainers could finally get some ghosts and there was a lot to do there which was good

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think that Castelia is the most memorable city because of how it was featured prominently before B/W were released. I also think it was portrayed well in the anime, being a big city and all.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Yep, I gotta agree with you guys with Foretree, just a very cool, surreal area. I'm currently doing a re-re-re(....)play of Emerald, and I just past through there tonight.

As well though, even though it played a very small role, I will always remember Paciflog city.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ah yes, Pacifidlog. I think for me, that takes the cake as most unique city. Shame there's not much to do there, other than a scam trade. Seriously, Bellossom (and there's only ONE Sun Stone in the whole game just fyi) for a Corsola. You can fish for them right outside the house of the person that makes that offer. lol But the design and concept were so awesome.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Along with Fortree and Pacifidlog, Sootopolis was also very unique, being only accessible with dive in the games. It took me a while to find out how to access it and it also looks really nice.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    For me the most memorable city are:
    • Pallet Town, simply because it was a simple and small place, and the event of getting starter and Pokedex is stuck in my head.
    • Cinnabar Island, because Pokemon Mansion, locked gym, and the place to reviving fossil is stuck in my head.
    • Celadon City, beside because it was a beautiful place, it also memorable because I like the secret path to the Eevee's place and to the gym (and that perv old man), which makes me confused when I was smaller. :D
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Lavendar because of all the creepypastas and the only area with ghosts in the whole of Kanto. Very memorable and a great soundtrack there as well.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    For me, it would be Pallet town since I started there. Also Newbark Town.

Lavender town is also memorable for me because of its creepy ghost stuff.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Castelia city :: It's gigantic and it's 3D and it's one of my favorite cities <3
    Raimon city :: The Ferris Wheel! :D And also Elesa's super awesome roller coaster gym 8D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Castelia is one of the few things that B/W got right. I was impressed with the size of that place and all the stuff to do there.

But Goldenrod probably holds the most nostalgia for me. I spent an ungodly amount of time there back when I was hardcore into Crystal.

I definitely have a preference for big cities.

Fortree and Pacifidlog are memorable for being the most ridiculous and overdone.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Castelia is one of the few things that B/W got right. I was impressed with the size of that place and all the stuff to do there.

But Goldenrod probably holds the most nostalgia for me. I spent an ungodly amount of time there back when I was hardcore into Crystal.

I definitely have a preference for big cities.

Fortree and Pacifidlog are memorable for being the most ridiculous and overdone.

Pacifidlog is too confusing for my tastes. I hate long surfing. :)

And yes, Castelia is definetly a very good city. It offers a lot of things. I was lost the first time I got there.

Years
    Pallet Town - Simply because it's the beginning town.
    Lavender Town - Loved the ghosts and creepy music. So many remixes involving that song alone.
    Goldenrod - it was the first bigish town I'd seen during the Pokemon games
    Castella - as everyone has previously stated it was one of the only things Black and White got right. That town is amazing, I loved it,

Back