• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most memorable days of your life.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Think of the top five memorable days in your life, and share them with us. If they're too personal, you don't have to of course.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • 1. The day when me I got my first gf.
    2. The day when I got offered a scholarship to Depauw for music.
    3. The day I got declined attendance to Depauw for my crappy grades.
    4. The day I started dating my ex Audrey.
    5. My first time trying the back door of my #1 booty call.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Apart from the standard cliche of first meeting girlfriends, best friends etc...

Going to Warsaw and getting smashed out of my mind, and all the craziness involved. My favourite being walking through the snowy streets bare footed and wearing only pyjamas

Meeting my best friends in Brighton after about a year apart... inevitable antics

Seeing my favourite band play live. There was a lot of drama surrounding the event as well, and letting go, dancing and enjoying the music helped me move on from a lot of thoughts.

One time the power got cut off at my house for about 3 days or something, so me and my dad had to spend the time together, he invited his friend over too and during the day we went out and visited some random places and at night we all sat in the dark with a candle and a keg of beer and told stories for hours

When my best friends came over to visit one day, we just chilled and watched TV and smoked/drank a ridiculous amount, my dad also went out and then came home with a random woman who was very eccentric and my dad was really happy too, which is odd for him, and the whole experience was surreal.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • 1. Graduating valedictorian, getting accepted to (and still attending) Duke!
    2. Meeting my first and only girlfriend. Luckily, we go to the same university. :p
    3. Making so many friends; losing some of them over petty arguments; becoming friends again.
    4. Lost my GBA so I couldn't play any of my GBA Pokémon games for almost a year. I went into withdrawal. Lol.
    5. Had minimal roles in medical diagnoses and research as a part of my attempts to get into med school. (I was able to help out a little with a surgery!)

...yeaaah, my life hasn't been particularly eventful. Hah.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I feel like no one really understands this, but one of my most favorite memories is this seasonal job I did two years in a row. The guy I worked with was hilarious and he just taught me a lot and I really admire him. I'll never forget after the first year we worked together it was Christmas Eve and I was pretty much at an all time low. I just remember we were driving and he told me how grateful he was that we got paired up and that I was a really great worker and he appreciated all the work I did. There was a lot more BUT YOU GET IT. It just meant so much to me because I really did work my ass off and I never really feel appreciated by anyone so to have someone just say it straight up like that really touched me... like i am typing this and tears are forming lol.

The first time I went to California I stayed with my friend Ashley who had been living there for school. At the time she had an apartment and lived right outside of downtown LA. I really loved the whole area and it was just so much fun getting dressed up, going downtown, and trying new things. Omg and the sushi. I miss LA/Hollywood so much!!!

My first day back to school senior year of high school. Towards the end of junior year and during the entire summer I worked out and dieted really hard and I ended up losing over a 100 pounds. Over the summer I only hung out with a couple of my closest friends because I felt kind of awkward. Then when I went back to school and everyone saw me they all did double takes and lots of people and teachers came up to me and said something. This memory is kind of weird for me though. I mean I was happy and everything, but it was also very uncomfortable, still memorable though.

The first time I ever drove alone with my license. It was just the most surreal feeling. I just remember driving and thinking "wow I am totally alone and all decisions in this car are completely up to me." Idk it was just such a weird feeling of freedom I never felt before. Lol it's scary to me to think there was a time in my life where I couldn't drive. I will def end up being that old person who fights to the death to drive.

One time I had major plans that fell through and I was pretty upset about it. I ended up finding out through my parents that one of my friends was so upset for me that he cried about it. This just sticks out to me so much because we had been good friends since we were 9, but never really got that emotionally close. To know that he really cared and shared in my pain is deep for me I guess. I still haven't told him I know about it and that was about two years ago.

Years
  • 1. Being admitted to the hospital for an emergency surgery during Christmas of 2004.
    2. Breaking up with my ex-boyfriend 2 weeks before first year of university, who still remains the only person I've ever been with.
    3. Parents getting me my own car that they generously pay for every month ;;
    4. Sort of having a one night stand-ish fling with a friend back in freshman year.
    5. Celebrating my crush's birthday weekend; just the two of us roaming around the outskirts of Toronto, and having dinner.

Years
  • This is a really cool idea for a thread, it's hard to pick five specific days.

- The first time I came out to someone. Also the second time I came out to someone.
    - Various Christmases, I don't think I can really narrow it down to one. There were a few days last Christmas that stick out though, but maybe that's just because it's recent.
    - The day my sister was born (I don't actually remember this that well, but watching her all stuck with tubes and stuff will always stick in my mind).
    - The youth club I used to go to has this huge ball every year with all the clubs and everyone dresses up in suits and stays up all night and stuff. The first time I went was amazing and I always remember it fondly.
    - First day of secondary school.
    - The day I got my tonsils out. I remember waking up and feeling like my head had been cut off.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • - Probably my High school and College life.
    - My time with my Girlfriend (Because she's everything to me)
    - My time with my friends

But I'd say, my everyday life is memorable and precious to me.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • - The time when I got to meet an online friend for the very first time and actually managed to organize a sleepover with the two of us. So much happiness.
    - Going to my first anime convention at 2012. And getting a drawing tablet right after said convention.
    - When I managed to catch a Feebas at Pearl and evolved it on the day I harvested my Pamtre berries. There was so much rejoicing.
    - The day my 4-year-old (mentioned above) Milotic left me. The tears shed on the coming days was amazing.
    - When I finally got my own 3DS and both Pokemon X and Y after about a month in angst that everyone was playing it and not me.

I can't think of anything else that doesn't involve anime, manga or Pokemon. Whatever, they're not exactly that memorable anyway, like these memorable things of mine. P:

Plus mentioning High School is a tad too mainstream and I don't have a boyfriend yet.

EDIT: Meep, thought of more:
    - The day a male friend of mine moved to another province and thus moved schools as well.
    - The day I retired from the student council back at Junior High. I had no intentions to join in High School anyway, but it was fun while it lasted. :'>

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    1. The moment my mother told me that she had cancer.
    2. The day I won the AT&T Hackathon.
    3. The day I went to the first Japan Club meeting, which led directly to me meeting my first real friends in college and my current boyfriend.

I guess I can't really think of anything else - my life hasn't really been made by memorable moments that etch themselves in my memory, but a series of tiny shifts that result in a massive paradigm shift in my life.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • 1. The first night with my first girlfriend. First time I got to make out with a girl and I learned how to do a kickflip earlier on during the day. Was ♥♥♥♥ing awesome.
    2. Don't want to share, it's sad anyways. Only thing I'll say is that this event had a huge impact on my life and led to a ♥♥♥♥ ton of counseling.
    3. Winning my first bowling tournament, and getting a bowling scholarship and an offer to join a youth international team. (didn't do it, but it was still cool that they offered)
    4. Winning the "Super Bowl" with my middle school football team.
    5. Related to 2.
    6. Graduation from high school, that almost didn't happen lol.
    7. The march back from our final FTX in basic training, that was awesome.
    8. Don't want to share, but unrelated to the number 2 and 5.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • In no particular order (since I couldn't think of one) :

1) The last performance of my first marching band show.
    2) The first day of my first job.
    3) My first quarter of college.
    4) Seeing Wicked.
    5) The day I got modded.

I would include the day I graduated high school, but I think about things way too much, so it really wasn't that big of a deal to me.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • In no order, but the first one is probably the most memorable.
    1) The day my mom passed away. And the day my nana died (they both tie cause they were equally memorable.)
    2) The day I met my good friend David, who was my best friend for at least 8 years.
    3) The day I was told I wouldn't graduate from high school with my class.
    4) The day I actually got my high school diploma after a year and a half of struggling.
    5) The weekend/days of this one retreat called Luke 18 I did my senior year of high school. It was a Catholic retreat for 8th graders and I was one of the leaders called "Disciple" , the most important role of the retreat and to this day I consider it my favorite Luke 18 retreats I been on cause of how amazing and fun and just really sweet the other Disciples were.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • 1) Going on vacation to a wildlife preserve (oh such fun memories).

2) Getting my driver's license.

3) When I went on an Alaskan cruise when I was 8.

4) The day my first dog died. He had been apart of my life ever since I was born and losing him was one of the worst days of my life. :(

5) Celebrating my best friend's 17th birthday.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • 1.The day I gave birth to my daughter
    2. The day I married my Husband
    3. The day I went to Stone mountion in Georgia in America
    4. The day I when to Disneyland in Paris
    5. The day I found out I passed my GSCEs

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    1.- My first kiss, wich was with someone i actually did like to be my first. :)
    2.- My 17th birthday, when my friends and i sneaked into a luxurious party and we got to eat and drink for free.
    3.- The day i landed my first backflip.
    4.- The day i was accepted into collegue
    5.- Going to six flags with friends and the girl i liked back then.

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
    Years
  • Well for me it was...

-Being born c:
    -Freshman flings
    -Goin' nuts with friends
    -Seeing her smile :>

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • For me, I have 2 that I thought of right now.
    1. I was going to the burger shop after finding one, when I was a kid. And later I found out I'm lost, until a couple which were riding with a bike come and found me, and reunited me with my mother.
    2. When I was crossing the road in the airport, for some reason my mother pull me out of the street when a certain car is driving fast. I was mad in the first place but realized it later... I can't be thankful enough to my mother.

And it's my 2,500th post now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I had trouble with this question, so I closed my eyes and cast my mind back to see where the memories landed. I found that they didn't fall on days where really massive things happened in my life, they fell on things like walking through the car park after a kid's disco with my friend and his mother and little sister, and watching another friend shoot down the street on his scooter with streamers flowing everywhere one New Year's Eve. Then it went to getting my Nintendo 64 one Christmas morning, then the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book where I lined up for 2 hours waiting for the store to open.

I don't know if it's because nothing TRULY exciting has ever really happened to me or if it's because my mind is drawn to little things rather than the big picture, but that's how it works.

Back