• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Memorable Gaming Moments?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • The first time I saw Aeris die. I was heartbroken when I first got to that point in the game since she and Tifa were the only characters I used the first time I played FFVII excluding Cloud(the game was so hard when Tifa and Cloud are unavailable during the second disc) and I was absolutely devastated when I found out I wasted all that time training her to unlock her final limit break. Also the scene was very sad, she didn't deserve that death.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • When I got married in the Harvest Moon DS cute, when I defeated Chaos both in Dissidia and Duodecim, when I defeated Roo in Crash: Tagteam Racing on the PS1, and while I watch the field went NUKE! in the Brotherhood of Steel in PS@. Such memories.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • When I first took down the Mishima Zaibatsu in Tekken all those years ago, only just worked it out, I was 7 wow! Playing Mario 64 on christmas morning, first 3d roamer I ever played, Seeing Yoshi at the end of Mario 64, Getting all 100 jiggies in Banjo Kazooie, and of course getting the original 151 in Pokemon blue.

Zeus

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • So I had a used Okami game, right? Do you know where I'm going with this? Perhaps not...Well, I decided to spend my whole friday night playing this game. I also made the oh-so-smart decision to try and limit the amount of saves I made. Now can you see where this is going? So I fought my way through countless opponents in this dungeon including a tough mini-boss. Then, when fighting a bundle of mobs, it...it....(sorry, it's a little painful remembering this).....it Freezes! >_< AGH@#!#%@&@! You can only imagine what my face expression came to be when this happened. I was so close to beating the game in record timing too. I'm not even going to mention all of the power outages I had in my lifetime while playing on an unsaved file.. Resetti from animal crossing still haunts me to this day..

So now I'm like OCD about saving in games...

Years
  • There are to many to comment on! D:

Mortal Kombat - Fatalities - I love old school MK, I grew up with it and it was so fun that I can't even describe. I remember trying and perfecting the moves for all the fatalities in the game and they were just amazing to watch.
    Silent Hill 2 - Lying Figure/WHOLEGAME - I say Lying Figure because it was so freaky seeing it the first time and having to beat it away with a stick! D: BEST GAME EVER.
    Shadow of the Colossus - First Encounter - Seeing the first colossus! :D
    Tales of Symphonia - ... - I can't pin it down really, that game was just amazing.

That is just what I shall say because I will be here all year otherwise.​

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Beating Diablos in Final Fantasy VIII on Squall's Limit Break. While it might not seem like a huge achievement... I'm terrible at video games outside of Pokémon and was very proud of myself :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Seeing a humble city turn into a thriving metropolis in the course of 15 minutes in SimCity 4, all thanks to a few weeks of careful planning and zoning and suburb development. That moment when your first skyscraper gets built and towers over everything is a very, very satisfying feeling indeed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Everything that happened during the Summer I spent just playing Tales of Symphonia with my sister and my best friend. Best Summer ever, and within that some of the most memorable moments I've had as well. Just... amazing. Some other games that I've had memorable moments with is Tales of the Abyss, Ruby, and Silver, but none of them top Symphonia and the moments I've had with that game.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Playing Battlefield 3, 64 player multiplayer on Caspian border on hardcore...So much destruction...So much fun...Once the game starts only thing I herd was kaboom! -input planes dog fighting in the air, tanks ramming into other tank, bombs dropping, people dropping, guns popping, moment here-

Wiping out all 9 Holds in Skyrim.

Watching Noble Team die.

Oh yea playing Minecraft on PC with 7 other friends. Communicating with each other over xbox live.

It was beautiful...

Xx Typhlosion xX

Typhlosion FtW!
    Years
  • I was about 7 and I've been trying for so long to beat Super Mario Land on Gameboy and I felt so relieved after beating the final boss and also, beating Gary in yellow version.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The first time I played Ocarina of Time. The scene with Link and Saria on the bridge. It was the first time I played at game that conveyed some degree of emotion - most of all without the use of text/dialogue or music.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2013
    Man most memorable is a very hard choice to make. But when it comes to ending, the one that always pops in my head is the "Good Ending" in Final Fantasy X-2. The one where Yuna meets Tidus in the ocean. Yup, good times. Not really sure why that isn't classified as the best ending. I was able to re-play it and see the best ending. Not really the best to me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    v Major Professor Layton and the Unwound Future spoilers v

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Every god damn second of every Zelda Game...Cried most of the way through Skyward sword.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Well, let's see... when I beat The World Ends with You. Omg, it's was amazing. The ending was so awesome ;A;

After that, when I beat Ghost Trick. Wow, it had such a sad ending... with quite a big twist xD

When I first started battling The End in Metal Gear Solid 3. Wow, epic boss fight (still haven't beaten it xD) Even the opening cinematic... wow.

Almost every time I finished a Zelda game. Specially Twilight Princess.

Well, these just a few that stick out in my mind... I'm pretty sure I'll remember dozens more later xD

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    I have a couple of experiences that are memorable:

Xenosaga ~ This whole series was the most exceptional, thrilling experience I've had in the gaming world. I loved the story, the battles weren't all pushovers, and I've not played many games that made me think so deeply before. This series made me feel an array of emotions and that is a great feat in itself. On a smaller note, the main character was NOT a male that uses a sword! Wonderful.

Tekken 2 ~ I struggled with this game as a pre-teen so badly. I love and hate fighting games. I always get extremely tense when playing them and sometimes I have to pause mid-battle when I can't handle how close the match is or if I keep missing. That moment when I finally struck down Devil while playing as Jun, my favorite character, I couldn't even describe the feeling. A combonation of relief, amazement, excitedness, and satisfaction. Pure joy.

.Hack// ~ It started with a chance encounter at a gaming store at the mall. I knew I wanted a game, but I didn't know which game I wanted. I saw the cover of .Hack// Infection and thought it was pretty. So, I hid it in the store just in case I found something I wanted later, but surely enough I came back and bought it. Suffice it to say, after discovering .Hack I have loved almost everything it has to offer.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time ~ I can't say how many hours I've played this game for. I loved this game so much. I didn't like the main character as much as I loved other characters, but the plot and gameplay were most enjoyable for me. I put it here mostly because this game had me enthralled for such a long time; most notably spending hours tearing through the ranks of the colleseum.

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis ~ The things I loved most about this game was the music and the battle system, as well as the graphics. It was cute, fun, and I enjoyed the entire soundtrack (which came with the game!). It wasn't as long as I wished it could be, but I'd play it more than once, most definitely.

There are more, somewhat smaller experiences with games such as Tales of Symphonia/Abyss/TheWorld, Naruto, and Final Fantasy, but then I'd just be going on and on. =P

Years
  • When I was playing Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, and instead of my husband asking me to the Starry Night festival, Dia came and asked me. She apparently liked me more than my husband.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Wow... way, way too many to name just a few, but here goes... in:

* Tales of Symphonia: Going to
    Spoiler:

* Kirby Super Star Ultra: Various lands and worlds; Kirby has some of the most creative land designs. It's so bright and beautiful. However, lands in The Great Cave Offensive were especially nice. Exploring as a treasure hunter was amazing.

* Paper Mario: The Crystal Palace... oh, the music, especially. So beautiful.

* Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: LANAYRU DESERT... and its dungeons and locations dhwe0dj0dew!!! The music was also a large factor.

* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: The Sacred Grove and the Temple of Time... wow. Just... wow. Also the Hyrule Castle's "secret grave" burned into my memory...

Okay... I think that's enough from me for now...

Back