• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Mysterious Pokémon?

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I mostly agree with most people....Unknown, we know nothing what they do...they're just letters who introduced the move "hidden power" They live up to their name.... "Unknown"

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I'm surprised no one said ditto.
    I mean it's a pink blob hat can transform into any pokemon and can breed with almost any Pokemon meaning it can change it's gender 0_0.
    I've always wondered how this Pokemon came into existence.

Yeah haha, I'd like to know how Ditto were formed. Probably the same type of lab-thing that happened to Grimer, but in a positive way. Grimer was made from radioactive sludge XD. Or at least sludge that when hit by moonlight, created a Pokemon (or something like that, I forget what it was.)

Next I'd say Unown. I mean...it's unknown for a reason. It'd be pretty sweet to see a giant lineage of all Pokemon with their origins and time periods (for the ancient ones).

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • I think Magikarp is the most mysterious Pokemon of all. How does something so weak manage to survive for thousands of years? Why hasn't it gained the ability to fend for itself in the wild? We may never know the answer...

The bigger question is how something like that evolves into something so big and terrifying and strong?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I think its all the broccoli it eats. And that red eyed thing in 27-28 of that vid i posted. Is it revealed or no? If not then thats it.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've always thought Mew was the most mysterious...Just because when I was younger I could never find one >.<

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I think Magikarp is the most mysterious Pokemon of all. How does something so weak manage to survive for thousands of years? Why hasn't it gained the ability to fend for itself in the wild? We may never know the answer...
    The bigger question is how something like that evolves into something so big and terrifying and strong?

1. Because it can survive in all kinds of water and multiplies faster then Azumarills with a sea incense.
    2. If you never learn mythology you'll never know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    I think unown is the most mysterious because they come from anoyher dimension.
    But they say all the pokemon come from space so i think they all mysterious =)

Years
  • Cubone and cloyster are mysterious. Maybe not the most mysterious, but still mysterious.

What does cloyster look like?

What does cubone's face look like? It says it wears the skull of it's dead mother, does that mean every time a cubone is born, it's mother dies and then the baby cubone like... removes his mother's skull? Isn't that kind of creepy?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • For some reason, Ho-Oh. Cause like, in the very first ep, Ho-OH was there. And they haven;t talked bout him much in anime in my opinion

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    What came first: Mew or Arceus? They're both claimed to have created Pokemon...
    Mew is somehow the ancestor of Pokemon, it didn't create any.
    So really, Arceus created Mew (presumably many Mews), which evolved into many different forms to cope with varying environments.

You might not agree with me but this does patch up the lack of consistency in the Pokemon canon.

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Uh that red eyed thing in the 2nd hoenn teme. You know that thing inbetween the 2 buildings. Aha i have vid
    super wierd thing at 27-28 seconds
    That there has never been revealed to be a human or pokemon but looks like a pokemon. Could that by a mysterious hint to generation 5?!

That was Mewtwo. Mewtwo wearing a long, black coat for some reason.

[strike]I would say the most mysterious Pokemon would have to be...Heatran, perhaps? It hasn't even been mentioned in the anime.[/strike]

Wait, no!! Cubone!! I mean, what da heck happened to it's mother?!! I would hate to be a girl Cubone...or is it Marowak that has the...err, egg?

Back