• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Overrated Type

Most Overrated Type?

• Bug

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Dark

• Dragon

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Electric

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Flying

• Ghost

• Grass

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ground

• Ice

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Normal

• Poison

• Psychic

• Rock

• Steel

• Water

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Dark & dragon. Dragons aren't so much overrated because they are actually good; but the popularity of dark-types, Umbreon in particular and at least before Glaceon came about, is just self-detracting.

I'd like to see more appreciation for bug and poison types; and for Game Freak to put more effort into them. There are few Pokemon of these types, and of bugs even fewer that are actually decent, let alone good.

Years
    Isn't it obvious?

Most Overrated Type

Honestly, the only fire type that I have and train is Magcargo.

I hope you dont use Magcargo in any sort of battling? :/
    Its possibly the worst fire type there is, it doesnt have a good move pool and it has well below decent stats right across the board. I find it interesting that of all the great fire types you chose the weakest of the lot of them.

Anyway, I voted Steel.
    I think when they bought that typing into the game everyone sort of just went "WOW! Steel will be invincible" and started training an Onix for the first time in their life so when they got the Metal Coat on the way to Kanto they could have a MIGHTY STEELIX!
    Lol. Flamethrower ftw ;)

Dragons I believe are also overrated and overused.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Dragons. I always see people using dragon Pokemons, specially in Wi-Fi battles. Sazandora, Ononokusu, Garchomp, and such.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I hope you dont use Magcargo in any sort of battling? :/
    Its possibly the worst fire type there is, it doesnt have a good move pool and it has well below decent stats right across the board. I find it interesting that of all the great fire types you chose the weakest of the lot of them.

Some people use certain Pokemon because they're fun to use, or because they simply like the Pokemon. There's more to the game than picking exclusively the best 'Mons. .w.;

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Psychic and Dragon. And although Psychics aren't all that popular, Their laughably weak defense leaves them vulnerable to two super effective, mostly PHYSICAL types, Bug and Dark.

Dragon... I agree dragon pokemon are awesome, but most of them have very low defenses (Salamence, anyone?), leaving them vulnerable to ice types and, (if their speed is low) other dragons. And for the ones with great defenses (dragonite says hi), their speed and attack stats aren't good enough to back it up. I'd also like to point out how almost all of them have a 4x weakness to ice.

Ayselipera

I wish I could think of something different, but the first types that come to mind are dragon and dark. Although not all dragon types are necessarily average it's just that sometimes the people who are associated with using them often end up bringing down any redeeming qualities.

I feel so repetitive. ;o;

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2010
    I'm not sure, but the most underrated pokemon is Magmar. Especially when he's holding multiple guns.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Fire.... So many people are so obsessed with the fire types...

yeah it is obvious then that I an a grassy

Years
    I reckon that water types are over rated because although many people dont rate them awesomely, they are rated as good, but I don't find them as good as many people say

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Water! ...mainly because the majority of Pokemon are water types and everyone seems to like them.

don't go hating on fire ;;

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    "Water! ...mainly because the majority of Pokemon are water types and everyone seems to like them"

Water types are so-so, but they're really useful against fire, rock and ground types. A level 8 squirtle that knows bubble can easily take down Brock's level 14 Onix (thanks to the fact that most Gen I Rock-types are also ground types).
    Also, out of the starter-types (Grass, Water and Fire), Water has the fewest weakness (only to grass and electric types), Fire Types have more resistance to more elements, and Grass types have the most weaknesses but are good against early gym leaders in most games.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Fighting, I can't belive no ones polled them? Come on. I can punch and kick people, doesn't make me a fighting type.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    The only type I really see as overrated is Dragon. Every generic "strong trainer" in the game/elite 4 has them, and a lot of them are over-powered stat - wise. Not to say I don't like them. I really don't see how dark or fire types are overrated though... None of them are really overly powerful, and I actually don't see many dark trainers in the games and such. Ghosts are pretty rare to see too, so I don't see that either. The only thing that keeps constantly coming to mind is the dragon type. There are annoyingly powerful dragons in just about every game.

Back