• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Rage Inducing Plays

Years

• What do you COMPLETELY hate?

There are many cards out there that could cause us to rage to the point of flipping the table into your opponents face and burning their cards, but what really gets on your nerve ends?

It can be Magic (SCREW THE LAWSUIT I LIVE IN THE OLD DAYS), Trap, Monster, Fusion, Exceed, Ritual or Syncron.

Is it when you summon a monster and you get warning/judgemented? Maybe setting lots of cards and running into a heavy storm? Maybe your opponent effortlessly dropping a Black Luster Solider onto the field and winning in 2 turns because of its broken effect AND WHEN COMBINED WITH HONEST IT IS STUPID.

Anyway, I actually love BLS, just my mates hate it so that is why I was raging, on their behalf! XD

GO GO GO!​

Years
  • ******** Luster Soldier is DEFINITELY up there on my hate list. It hasn't happened to me too much thankfully but when it does, I am not a happy chappy.

At times, first turn Thunder King Rai-Oh or Naturia Beast can piss me right off. Depends on my hand. Sometimes I'm like haha yeah whatever but other times I'm like, yeah I'm screwed. Turn one Royal Tribute holy crap that makes me mad! So much turn one ******** seriously. Oh yeah, turn one Gateway of the Six OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO! TURN ONE TRAP DUSTSHOOT JESUS MOTHERTRUCKING CHRIST SERIOUSLY. EVEN WORSE WHEN THEY HAVE LIKE MIND CRUSH PAIRED ALONG WITH IT. Sometimes I'm just like yeah whatever but most of the time it's just like NOOOOOOOOOOOO WTF!!!

But you know, you dish it out, so you gotta be able to take it too. My best rage moves would have to be the successful activation of Future Fusion, Dark Armed Dragon or The Dark Creator. Especially Future Fusion though.

Years
  • Play me, I always get BLS out! XD

Future Fusion in dragon decks does make me want to rip my face off as they will auto go +2 on field... unless they are an idiot.​

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Warning and Judgment are supposed to do that, mang; so is Heavy Storm. It shouldn't be rage-inducing, because you would have predicted it. : p

What WOULD be rage-inducing is them topdecking MONSTER REBORN with no hand to Special Summon YOUR BLS and beat you in the face with it, which causes you to lose. : (

Years
  • Good point Cirrus. OPPONENT MONSTER REBORNING MY STUFF PISSES THE ABSOLUTE SHIZZLE OUT OF ME!

My bro one time reborned my REDMD, and then revived his Scrap Dragon for shenanigans. I was like dude, this is not cool.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I know people get mad when a warning or judgment gets dropped on you, I get pretty pissed is well when I duel over 8 different people in one day and they all warning my Bamboo Shoot but it's a lot worse when you decide to warning or judgment someone and they have seven tools of the bandit waiting for you. Also hate creature swap, so annoying when I bring out something like a shooting star dragon.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • oh man, first turn trap dustshoot and sillva, warlord of dark world is just @.@ good luck winning the game when your starting hand is reduced to 3 cards. i love bringing out deck devastion virus against heavy low level monster decks, which is surprisingly a lot of decks now. but thats me inducing rages...on the other hand

Shi En still pisses me off, regardless of being at 1. thunder king rai oh is hard to get over sometimes too, especially when im running t.g. i can't plus +1 to my hand.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Playing against JTMS in MTG.

You knew what it meant when the opponent fatescrewsseals you but doesn't change the order of cards.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • Within turn 4-5 getting 2 JD, BLS, Chaos Sorcerer, and Stardust. With a back row consisting of Judgment and Warning. People usually quit when I activate Trap Stun.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • - first turn heavy'ed after setting 5 spell/traps with my Burn Deck.
    - Final Countdown
    - using Transmigration Prophecy on my Stardust...

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Playing against JTMS in MTG.

You knew what it meant when the opponent fatescrewsseals you but doesn't change the order of cards.

Playing against blue-based combo decks in EDH make me want to tear my hair out. My buddy plays Mind Over Matter Azami because he's a freakin' jerk. I'm building Zedruu because I like being able to say what my opponent can't do. 3-4 "ban X card" spells, a bunch of Arrest effects, 4 "you can't do anything" things to donate and a bunch of walls. It wins with Storm Herd and Insurrection. I can't wait to complete it, it's dirt cheap as well =D

Playing Yu-Gi-Oh! in general became rage-inducing for me just due to the lack of interactiveness of it. My opponent would just special summon 5 monsters a turn and I'd be like "okay guess I lose because you got lucky and I didn't". The sheer amount of luck required to win at that game is mind-boggling, it's why I transitioned to MtG; at least some degree of skill is required to win at that game.

Though those days are thankfully behind us, turn 3 Batterskulls made me rage. Hardcore. Standard was seriously disgusting at that point.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I think it was Ravnica/Time Spiral block when pretty much EVERYONE in my local shop was playing control, and every round ended up going into turns. >>

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Playing against blue-based combo decks in EDH make me want to tear my hair out. My buddy plays Mind Over Matter Azami because he's a freakin' jerk. I'm building Zedruu because I like being able to say what my opponent can't do. 3-4 "ban X card" spells, a bunch of Arrest effects, 4 "you can't do anything" things to donate and a bunch of walls. It wins with Storm Herd and Insurrection. I can't wait to complete it, it's dirt cheap as well =D

Playing Yu-Gi-Oh! in general became rage-inducing for me just due to the lack of interactiveness of it. My opponent would just special summon 5 monsters a turn and I'd be like "okay guess I lose because you got lucky and I didn't". The sheer amount of luck required to win at that game is mind-boggling, it's why I transitioned to MtG; at least some degree of skill is required to win at that game.

Though those days are thankfully behind us, turn 3 Batterskulls made me rage. Hardcore. Standard was seriously disgusting at that point.
    Dear god, I hate blue EDH deck as well. But then, my EDH environment is pretty much hardcore EDH...
    We've actually had a few players from outside the store community leave mid-game due to rage.

And yeah, Jace+Stoneforge ban was the best thing that happened in MtG this year, though it was a tad late imo :/

Still, standard is healthy again, and I'm happy. Wolf Run is so soothing compared to Caw Blade.

Back