• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Most satisfying you've encountered.

Years
  • Most satisfying moment you've encountered*

So I saw this "biggest disappointment thread" pop-up.

It was interesting and all but I would rather focus on the things that were the most enjoyable or satisfying overall..

Instead of nitpicking over small details that may or may not matter that much.

Don't get me wrong it is a good topic and a necesarry one, I just think there should be a more positive one aswell!

Anyhow, my most satisfying moment in Pokémon Y was when I ..you guessed it.. evolved my Skiddo into GOGOAT!

I'm just really in love with his design, what can I say?

Edit: Horrible topic typo.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Getting my Charmander, evolving it and murdering with Mega Charizard Y.

I also really loved the first forest. It's a copy of Virdian Forest and I love the throwbacks.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Satisfying moment is how my Delphox becomes my major powerhouse, I did not expect her to be that strong. *manly tears* :')
    Caught a Shiny Wingull, I remember my brother had one in Ruby but lost it. I'm giving it to him when we fixed our relationship and reconcile again.
    Florges and Heliolisk, just when I wanna give up on these two. They evolved and become great assets to my party. :)

Years
  • Breeding pokemon have never been so much easier compared to other older gens. It took me a 30 mins to breed a pokemon with perfect IVs in 5 stats. All legendary pokemon seems to have 3 perfect IV and that makes me really happy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Caught a Bagon, and then immediately after ran into a shiny bagon. Needless to say i'm using the shiny bagon :D

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Most satisfying moment was visiting a Pokemon Center during my birthday yesterday. I was shocked at first seeing the place completely dark and thought my game froze. Suddenly, the lights turned on and confetti popped out by the door. Then, Nurse Joy wished my a happy birthday. There was even a picture of a cake behind her. Also, the music changes for the entire day.

That really made my day! :)

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Manage to get Zapdos into the Sea Spirits Den and capturing it :D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • - EXP Gain for capturing, the EXP share in general is nice for training things postgame.
    - The graphics, other than the camera angles, are actually really nice. I didn't actually care for them in Gates to Infinity, but they're cool here, even if I do think they could've done more with Gen 4/5's style. The battles especially, are nice.
    - I really a handful of Pokemon, such as Noivern. :3
    - CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION! This is huge, especially for choosing skin/hair colors/styles :3
    - In BW2, all you had to do to get to the next gym was literally cross a bridge or two, and this gen fixed it, mostly.
    - The bottom screen is really nice, FINALLY it has a good layout that I hope they keep. I really like how you can access Wifi features from anywhere. Wonder Trade is also kind of a fun concept, if you have the patience. And friends <3
    - The amount of Pokemon available, although I do wish there had been more new ones.
    - EVs and IVs omfg
    - The megas are a nice concept, though kinda disappointing that there weren't more/they used up new Pokemon slots

This gen did a lot of things well, but there's still more room for work! =3

Aternox

the Dark
    Years
  • Most awesome ENCOUNTERS you mean!

For starters I'm in love with this new EXP-share. Makes rasing a single pokémon a load more interesting. I find the new thing a lot more balanced. I heard people say it's too strong, but I don't think so. Well maybe this is because I generally focus on raising pokémon one by one...

Secondly, my Greninja just reached lvl. 100, which was awesome as well!

Furthermore, after failing at chaining for about 5 hours, I succeeded a full 40 chain and caught a shiny Zoroark in just about 60 max repels! It's the first shiny pokémon I've EVER encountered in my LIFE, so yeah that was maybe the biggest, bestest, awesome-o-'est encounter so far.

To continue, I am in love with the PSS. When I started pokémon, I could finally play with a friend of mine AFTER I BOUGHT THE GAME FOR HIM. When we went our different ways, I had nobody to play pokémon with anymore. This is the first generation again that I can play with others, in like... more than 10 years. I'm... Deeply touched. *cries*.

Also, this game has a pokémon named Inkay. What's so great about that? Well you can make a dozen of lame puns with that li'l guy alone, Inkays you wonder. When I was breeding for a shiny one, I got a full box, just Inkays.

And I can go on and on. Supertraining is so much more fun than grinding zubats. Pokémon Amie is... well. nvm. I don't actually use that.

Then, compared to the other games, especially the previous two generations, it just feels a lot better. Not only did the graphics again gain a huge boost, but the gameplay just got a whole lot smoother, and there are very few new pokémon that I don't like. I also Absol-lutely love the inclusion of SO MANY POKÉMON from the previous generations! I don't even mind that they didn't have that many new pokémon because of this!

To elaborate the smoother gameplay, there are so many new transportation methods! First of all I love the tricks you can do with your skates. Secondly I'm just awed by full 360 movement. Lastly I'm honestly just enjoying seeing the smoothness of skating and cycling. The only thing that bothers me is that using your skates accidentally breaks your chain while using the radar.

There's probably more that I like about this generation that I didn't mention yet, but so far these are the most significant ones. Hmm? Mega evolution? Not really my thing no.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The best moment, for me, would have to be when I encountered a shiny Litleo at the beginning of the game. Though, it had quickly turned into my worst moment, as I managed to make it faint somehow. I had very limited amount of Poké Balls with me at that time—only about three to five. I didn't want any of them go to a waste, so I thought it'd be a good idea to weaken the Pokémon a bit before capturing. When I landed an attack, it became a critical hit in an instant—making Litleo disappear right before my eyes. :( If I did capture it though, then I definitely would've made it a part of my team. Shinies are extremely hard to come across, and that was my one and only chance to catch one.

Aaaanyway… I think should stop talking about this and move onto something else. Another great moment for me was when I evolved my Quilladin into Chesnaught. I was training very hard to have it evolved, and when it finally did, my heart was filled with absolute joy. n__n Chesnaught is quite an epic Pokémon. Its defensive stats are very high, allowing it to take a lot of hits and stall your opponents for many, many turns. Its Attack stat is pretty big, too. After only one Swords Dance, it could take down almost any of your opponent's Pokémon with a single blow.

Years
  • For me it was when I realized that I had saved after catching Zygarde. I was fighting Mewtwo , when I screwed up and killed him. I had a major freak out because I didn't remember saving after Zygarde. But I had. And all was k. ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Caught Mewtwo :v It ****ed me out after hours of battling and killed it many times :))

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Definitely finding out that my Mewtwo had perfect Speed, Special Attack and Special Defense IV's. One of the best things to happen to me in this game! Also using my newly evolved Malamar when I first got it and finding out that it had this nifty ability called Contrary while using Superpower and just plowing through Pokemon with my increased stats. So sweet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    The graphics are great. A lot better than the pixelated game of Black and White.

And most of the new Pokemon are very well designed in my opinion even if there aren't enough of them.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Most important for me - X and Y are released already and that I'm having such a good time playing them.

All the Pokemon I wanted in a team are catchable in both games (except for one which is Y exclusive), seeing them in 3D battle! They don't seem pixelated.

Many move animations! Much better than any other generation games. In certain moves (like with my Floatzel) the Pokemon turns around (like Swift and Aqua Jet), moves around (like my Furret's Headbutt and Slam), or does something completely unexpected (like Surf).

So much to explore - just when I think I finished discovering an area, something new comes up.

For me personally; watching and hearing my happy Mienshao responding back (in Pokemon Amie) and playing with her.

Last edited:
    Back