• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most under-appreciated Pokemon?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'll say that puffball none of you are thinking of...quilfish

poor little guy, gamefreak always kicks some pokemon :/

Little guy gets left out for everything...no one uses him, well At least I think soo...only pokedex really

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
    I agree with sunny day, Victreebel and Weepinbell are treated like dirt!:(

Also, Jynx is hated by most fans.:(

Mythine

Popped out of nowhere
    Years
    Elaborating on the Poliwag thing, I haven't SEEN a politoed since the GSC era. That froggy wonder is outshadowed by Poliwrath a thousand times.

unown_hunter

Currently:finding shiney unown
    Years
    most

I would say Victrebell and Vileplume. You will prolly never see them again in anyones roster becuase of the more powerfull grass types. (you will see them in my roster though, i was obsessed with them both when pokemon had first came out)

Actually, be honest, when was the last time you've seen a Vulpix or Exeggcute?
    Alright, Ledian? Unown, Sunflora, Qwilfish?

Seriously, there are way too many obscure Pokemon. I guess some Pokemon
    actually don't have any potential at all, but that has to change if new
    Pokemon keep getting added onto the series. They might as well not exist,
    after all.
    I love unown and have never understood why they only gave him one move. Unown are probably really powerfull but they probably toned it down just to do it.
    I also dont understand the logic in the Ladien haters. It was really a great pokekmon. (it had great special def. and a pretty good speed stat so it could be great annoyer)

(PS: look at the roster in my siggy and look at the last pokemon :P)

Last edited:
    Years
    I would have to say Teddiursa come on look at its face.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I would say Victrebell and Vileplume. You will prolly never see them again in anyones roster becuase of the more powerfull grass types. (you will see them in my roster though, i was obsessed with them both when pokemon had first came out)

I love unown and have never understood why they only gave him one move. Unown are probably really powerfull but they probably toned it down just to do it.
    I also dont understand the logic in the Ladien haters. It was really a great pokekmon. (it had great special def. and a pretty good speed stat so it could be great annoyer)

(PS: look at the roster in my siggy and look at the last pokemon :P)

Ledian has terrible HP and is weak to Fire, Electric, and Ice, which primarily are
    Special-type attacks, and is four times weak to Rock, which can be exploited
    because it has terrible Physical defenses. Flying-type weakness is not so much
    of a threat, but it's still a major hindrance. Ledian's defenses are also completely
    based on its Flying-type attributes, where Bug-type provides no resistance at all.

The primary role of Ledian is to Baton Pass or set up walls because of its horrible
    offensive stats, but it won't survive long even because of that.

All in all, it has bad HP, bad weaknesses and resistances (bad typing), and can't
    really take or deal damage at all.

Unown ? is my favorite one because of its facial expression and squiggliness.

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
    What do you guys think of Pikachu, i think it is quite Underapreciated. This is mine

Pikachu @Light Ball

-- Volt Tackle
    - - Thunder
    - - Rain Dance
    - - Toxic

Valkyrie90

Spiritual Concentration
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    Anything that gets a "Same-Type Attack Bonus" with Flail and has low HP and good/decent attack, like Dunsparce, Dodrio (my favorite), and Eevee. I think there are a lot of other ones too that people just don't look at too much because of the popular OUs and Ubers :/

Random Pokemon I think are underrated (most of them I plan on using sometime. Though, I'm not 100% sure these are all underrated, but I haven't played against them in a very long time so I'm wondering why people aren't using them lol):

-Mismagius, good speed/S. def, pretty much can do what Gengar does, but looks sexier ^^ and that means something!

-Electrode, very good speed, possibly faster then the popular Weaviles, Jolteons, Gengars, and Alakazams, and can be a neat thing to Sash ^^ maybe it's not underrated, but I haven't seen any being played in awhile.

-Lopunny: OMG this thing is awesome! WHY DON'T PEOPLE PLAY THIS!?....not gonna give anything away lol.

-Ramphardos: even more OMG, DO YOU KNOW HOW STRONG THIS THING IS!? use Trick Room or Baton Pass into it with a Ninjask to eliminate it's slow speed and it can sweep a whole party with its 450+ ATK at LV. 100!

-Drifblim, I was thinking.....Baton Pass, Destiny Bond, Stockpile, and Shadow Ball. I remember I had one built like that and it was a pretty good Pokemon. I think it's worth a try.

I probably would say the most underrated would be Dodrio or somewhere along those lines (I haven't looked through my whole Guide Book yet lol) because it's Speed and STAB Flail can be very powerful...

Back