• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most unpopular Pokemon type?

Most unpopular type

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

• Grass

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Ice

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Steel

• Rock

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Fairy

• Dragon

• Normal

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Poison

• Dark

• Bug

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Electric

• Psychic

• Flying

• Ghost

• Ground

• Fighting

• Total voters
Years
  • I voted for Rock, since it's one of those types I feel that I'm not a fan of most Pokemon designs. The attacks are strong but it's offset by lackluster-looking Pokemon.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I voted for rock, but I think ice and bug can get many votes too?

It's hard to say, really. Maybe Rock, Steel, and Poison? I've never really seen many people be a fan of those types in particular, but maybe I just don't know enough people. D:

I love them all haha funny. Well I don't love rock but most of the Pokemon I really like are part rock. My favorite type is ground soo.....

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Probably Rock. Whilst Ghost and Ice-types are less common in terms of Pokémon, those two seem to be a lot more popular and talked about in comparison to Rock-types.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Normal. I mean, really, it almost seems too obvious since it's the catch-all for design and also isn't super effective against anything. There are plenty of super popular Normal type pokemon (Eevee, Snorlax, Skitty) but it doesn't seem like many people actually care for the typing itself.

Edit: And Fighting. Fighting is basically just Normal type with muscles.

Personally I haven't seen many Bug users, either.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Fightinng is good against so much tho and I use it a lot- while it is pretty much another catch-all type it's a good one.

Years
  • I think Blue has a point. Ghost and Ice are rare in terms of Pokemon numbers but I think they are definitely talked about more than Rock, which definitely is why I think Rock is the most unpopular type.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Honestly, although I wouldn't say Ice types are unpopular per se, I haven't met many people who openly really love the type.

I do, I do!!! Ice is my favorite type. I picked Ground though, because we never see many Ground-types and none of their moves are used in the anime thanks to the real-life natural disasters about earthquakes.

Sirfetch’d

Ice types are pretty popular IMO. Rock types are the most neglected. I rarely see anyone talk about or hype up Rock Pokemon.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Pokemon - Ice. Grass and Rock have the luxury of being starer/fossil Pokemon respectively.
    Move - Dragon. Sort of weak without large stats to back them up as they lack coverage.

Years
  • Is anyone a fan of Poison types? As I mentioned before, I've never really seen many people, if at all be a fan of that type in particular.

I like how Poison-types have a lot of resistances, but it's their designs that tend to be unappealing so I guess that's why you think they're unpopular.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Poison has mysteriously gone from being the third most common type in gen 1 (after normal & water, which by contrast remain the most common two types) to somewhat rare afterward. It being common would make sense since venom is a rather mundane feature of living organisms.

Bug rarely shows up late game, though like an inverse of poison non-weak bug monsters have become more common over time. Bug moves are super useful against the powerful psychic Pokemon; pulling out something like a Lanturn with Signal Beam is pretty surprising.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Poison. All Poison types I remember or like tend to be so because of their other typing such as Vileplume being Grass/Poison.

Of Pokemon I forget about such as Drapion, Arbok and Ariados are part poison type.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
  • I'd have to say that the Bug-types are a little underappreciated. There have been some pretty cool Bug-type Pokemon, like Ninjask and Shedinja, and now Wimpod and Golisopod. I would hope that in the future, the Bug Pokemon and their moves get a little bit more love.

Years
  • I'd have to say that the Bug-types are a little underappreciated. There have been some pretty cool Bug-type Pokemon, like Ninjask and Shedinja, and now Wimpod and Golisopod. I would hope that in the future, the Bug Pokemon and their moves get a little bit more love.

Bug-types have been getting some love from 5th Gen onwards, since it was when we started getting an average of really good BST's and we also saw more powerful Bug-type moves introduced. 6th Gen unfortunately messed up the type by making it be a bad coverage option by having 7 types resist Bug moves - that's on par with Grass as far as the number of types that resist its moves are concerned.

Back