• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless move in the game?

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    Mud sport especially when a Ground type Pokemon uses it.
    Ground is already immune to Electric. Unless you are in a double battle and facing a Electric type, that move is really useless.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    ^ There is no point. They just waste moves.

IMO, the most useless move in the game is Memento. I understand it could be a miracle in the Battle Frontier, when both of you are down to your last Pokémon, but seriously! In two turns, you could have the same affect on an opponent and NOT lose a Pokémon. That's why I never use that move in battles.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Sports... why to use 'em anyway?
    It's just a waste of turn.
    Water Sport = Fire types are weakened... but why when 90% of pokemon who learns this move are water types...
    Mud Sport = Okay this is really wtf move... it's learned by ground types... and electricity doesn't have even effect on it... so why to weak it?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Memento and Flatter. Explosion pwns all over Memento (and Memento can easily be countered by switching) and Swagger pwns all over Flatter (which doesn't increase confusion damage).

Mud/Water Sport are (dis)honorable mentions. They may be useful in some Double Battle situations (i.e., Mud Sport Golem paired with Gyarados) but they're otherwise useless.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Yes, indeed the sports are annoying, useless, etc. etc. Mud sport would only be useful if like, Gyarados learned it or something.. and electric attacks would still do alot. >_>

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    If you count moves other then attacks then.. "Run"
    Run is the most useful option ever, unless you like battling a Pokemon every two steps.

Endure is pointless. You're wasting a move so you can survive the hit on the current turn. Why?! So you can get KO'd on the next turn rather than the current one? Wouldn't it make more sense to just try to get a move in just in case you survive it without Endure?

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
    Run is the most useful option ever, unless you like battling a Pokemon every two steps.

Endure is pointless. You're wasting a move so you can survive the hit on the current turn. Why?! So you can get KO'd on the next turn rather than the current one? Wouldn't it make more sense to just try to get a move in just in case you survive it without Endure?

Endure is actually useful if you want to use the Fear tactic and tick off your opponent

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Constrict, obviously. 10 base power, making it weaker than all the trap moves, and as an added bonus, it has a 10% chance to lower the enemy's Speed! Isn't that lovely, children?

...Yeah, didn't think so.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Umm about Flatter.
    It's designed for pokemon who use physical attacks, because then they recieve no bonus in damage if they DON'T hit themselves and manage to get an attack past confusion..
    But I think the most useless attack is Whirlpool if you're talking Gen 2 or Waterfall if this is only Gen 4.
    I'm not going to go check right now, but aren't there only two places to use Waterfall? Plus the ever annoying HM deletion.
    (I'm playing Pearl, not Platnium)

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Endure is actually useful if you want to use the Fear tactic and tick off your opponent
    Unless you want to fully execute the fear tactic. If you're faster than your opponent, you'll be able to get it down to 1 HP, and then you'll get KO'd. If you're slower than your opponent, you won't even get to use Endeavor. The real FEAR strategy has numerous counters, but this one is just success-proof.

Back