• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Useless Pokemon Award - The Poll.

Most Useless Pokemon?

• Magikarp

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Zubat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metapod

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Dunsparce

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Unown

Votes: 31 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    what? you call magikarp uselesss!!!! an insult to my social group.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Durr, you people forget tutors. Metapod has Bug Bite and Magikarp has Bounce. (I'm still campaigning, damn it; BOUNCEKARP FOR UBER!)

But Unown still has nothing but its weak little Hidden Power...off base 72 SpA. Fail.

Luvdisc would've been a better candidate for this poll. Or Farfetch'd.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • How are Magikarp and Zubat on the list? They both evolve into powerhouses, making them not useless. >_<

Butterfree and dunsparce can actually be viable pokemon to carry to the end of the game, so not useless at all.

I'll vte for Unown because it can't do anything right. Try to use it as a battling pokemon and it gets owned by anything. Use it in a contest and it gets a stupid penalty for used Hidden Power two turns in a row. Use it as an HM slave and...oh, wait.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    I say magikarp only because I am thinking of wut it learns by itself not move tutors...so he is pathetic...I feel like a traitor, because I was the person who ev'd a shiny magikarp...

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Metapod, It ays take like if you jsutc caught it
    Normally a Magikarp would have:
    -Tackle
    -Spalsh
    A Unown:
    -HiddenPowah
    A Dunsparce-
    :IDC about him but he have som moves still
    A Zubat:(Most common moves)
    -(normally)Supersonic
    -Leech Life
    -Bite
    Metapod:
    -HARDEN

I vote for Metapod so

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • As I suspected, Zubat is too good to be useless. Unown is the most useless, it has one useless attack and doesn't evolve. Metapod is decent if you train it from a Caterpie. Same goes for the other cocoons whom I am sure got an honorable mention for this award.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • Magikarp.

Why? Because the only thing it's good for is its evolution, and that really doesn't count since Gyarados is a completely different pokemon than Magikarp, right? Magikarp fails at life. It fails at EVERYTHING. It can't even learn any halfway decent moves.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Unbelievable. Unown is currently winning, despite the fact it scored the least nominations out of the 5.

And Zubat scored the most nominations (with Magikarp) and has 0 votes!

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Bah. Dunsparce IS NOT FAIL AT ALL! Luvdisk and Farfetch'd fail more.
    Zubat is awesome: why else would nintendo put it in EVERY CAVE (except for the Whismer one)
    Metapod gets Iron Defense, (tutor) Bug Bite (pre-evo), Snore (tutor for pre-evo), Harden, Tackle, and String Shot. Has a few decent moves.
    Magicarp has Bounce and Flail. That's all it needs. And it evolves into a semi-legendary, so that should be considered.

While Unknown can 2kao Groudon with Specs HP Ice, it really can't do anything. THAT IS the defenition of fail: you can do something, and yet you are able to do nothing.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Okay, people are not listening to me. PRETEND THAT YOU HAVE ONLY JUST CAUGHT THE POKEMON REGARDLESS OFTHE LEVEL! DO NOT CONSIDER WHAT IT EVOLVES INTO! TREAT THE POKEMON AS AN INDIVIDUAL!

*pant* *pant*

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Unown sucks. Dunsparce can flinch you to death. Why did you include Dunsparce and why not Silcoon, Cascoon, Kakuna, or even Luvdisc, which has poor stats except Speed.

Magikarp can kill you if it recieved a Belly Drum, holds a Focus Sash, is EV trained (252 atk and spd), and uses Flail.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I'm going with Unown. It's the only one of those who tries to be special and just fails. The rest have somewhat interesting designs, but Unown is based of (usually illegible) letters, trying to take a stab at the whole "mysterious" scene. To top it all off, it's hard to believe that, despite being made of letters, is dyslexic. It's Unknown, for Arceus' sake.

Dunsparce is just plain awesome. Serene Grace and Ancientpower abuse is a thing of beauty.
    It is not the unown who named them must have been a dyslexic researcher who named them. I like the unowns because theyre cute (i also have 98 % of the TCG cards too ^^) but its soooo useless .

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Unown sucks. Dunsparce can flinch you to death. Why did you include Dunsparce and why not Silcoon, Cascoon, Kakuna, or even Luvdisc, which has poor stats except Speed.

Magikarp can kill you if it recieved a Belly Drum, holds a Focus Sash, is EV trained (252 atk and spd), and uses Flail.
    Why did I include Dunsparce?? I didn't! People of this forum nominated him! I didn't just decide to add any Pokemon I deemed as useless.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I though Unown and Dunsparce, I voted for Dunsparce on a basis is he would be the one pokemon I would never use, and its to pathetic to at that. Im sure theres some evidence in this thread to back it up (somewhere XD).

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    MAGIKARP: Is so bad that he's awesome. I mean, who hasn't wanted to hack a magikarp and make it pwn everything?

ZUBAT: Evolves into a smexy pokemon. Not much else, though...

METAPOD: Is a horrificly funny meme/joke/waffle/thingy. Besides, now it can use bug bite if you stop caterpie from evolving for a bit =D

DUNSPARCE: Best. Pokemon. Ever. 'Nuff said.

UNOWN: Crap stats, crap moves, and not even remotely funny. And... That... That... EYE! That, horrible, unspeakable eye from the depths of Hell! Never blinking... Always watching... =S

So, my vote goes to unown.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    It shall be Unown. Why is it there? To prove the Pokemon world uses the same alphabet as we do?

Even Luvdisc has some use. You can steal Heart Scales from it. It can Surf and Waterfall. Farfetch'd can Fly and Cut.

Back