• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Most visited

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Where did you most visit in GSC? Be it city or route. I know the water route outside of Olivine was the most visited route for me. Especially now that we play on emulators that is where I do a lot of grinding. Tentacruels are great for quickly gaining levels up until you're ready for the Elite 4. And that's where my most visited "city" comes into play, I spent probably 50 or so hours on my actual cartridges grinding up my Feraligatr and Magmar to level 100 against the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I had a tendency to constantly visit Pallet Town. xD;; When I was a kid, I used to think I'd run into Red there someday, since it was his hometown. Never happened, though. Aside from that, I also liked visiting Saffron and Goldenrod.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I had a tendency to constantly visit Pallet Town. xD;; When I was a kid, I used to think I'd run into Red there someday, since it was his hometown. Never happened, though. Aside from that, I also liked visiting Saffron and Goldenrod.

I thought I was alone in that haha. When I was little before I got to Mt Silver I would run in and out of Red's house and Professor Oak's lab trying to see if Red would randomly appear there.

Years
  • I remember spending a lot of my time split in between Mt. Silver and National Park, even after I'd finished the game. Mt. Silver was always good for training my Pokemon and catching high leveled ones, whereas National Park had the bug-catching contest, which I probably participated in every single chance that I could.

Years
  • I would spend most of my time when I didn't feel like battling but wanted to play at the national park or lavender town. The music at both places is very, very soothing in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Goldenrod was my most visited place in the second gen. Just because theirs so much to do there I guess. I enjoyed paying the brothers for the haircuts to make my Pokemon more friendly towards me.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I know the water route outside of Olivine was the most visited route for me. Especially now that we play on emulators that is where I do a lot of grinding. Tentacruels are great for quickly gaining levels up until you're ready for the Elite 4.
    I loved that route below Olivine! I spent a lot of my level grinding for Jasmine there, as my Pokemon were horrifically under level. I spent days grinding my Growlithe to at least Level 28, so it can OHKO Jasmine's damn Magneton. It's so unfortunate that it has Thunderbolt, that crap hurts.

Years
  • I think my most visited area in GSC was Route 28 and Mt. Silver, the final parts of the game. They were the biggest standouts to me, because admittedly I did have fun going through it and battling Red.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Played through Pokemon Gold the past two days. The two places I was at the most was the Victory Road right before the Johto Elite Four. I spend abut 30 minutes grinding through Ursaring, Rhyhorn, Onyx and Golbat to earn some last minute EXP before facing them. Turns out, they were easier to defeat than I thought. Later on today, I spent two hours at Mt. Silver before versing Red. Pokemon at almost level 80!? Now that required some serious training, I would say that Gold, Silver and Crystal are the three hardest games to beat simply because of this final fight.

Besides that, I spend a considerable amount of time in Goldenrod city. I enjoyed playing in the Game Corner for some time, and thwarting Team Rocket's plan in the Radio Tower. I like the look of Goldenrod city, it's probably my favorite city in the game.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    My most visited place was probably Goldenrod, along with the route below for the Daycare Center! I loved the addition of breeding to GSC.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I think I spent most of my time in Goldenrod City because of the Radio Tower and because of the game corner which sucks now in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. It was also most visited for me because of the Pokemon Daycare.

:t354:TG

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
    Years
  • Goldenrod was definitely the city I visited the most. It has the Department Store which will supply me my Ice Punching needs and such. Another big reason is because it is right next to Route 34, which contains my Odd Egg, Daycare and Leaf Stone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I spent a lot of time training on the route outside Mt. Silver. The Pokémon didn't necessarily give tons of experience, but they were fine, and I got sick of challenging the Elite Four because (a) I didn't want to sit through all that text and (b) I didn't want to have to travel to Kanto every time I beat the Elite Four before I could fly to the Indigo Plateau. I still spent a bunch of time at the Elite Four anyway, though. I also spent a lot of time in Goldenrod, breeding (though I didn't do too much breeding, by my current standards), checking my ID for the lucky number show, and doing a few other tasks. Additionally, I went to Viridian fairly frequently to challenge trainers at the Trainer Hall thing (generally, I think they were generated by doing mystery gift with Stadium 2).

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Apr 30, 2022
    I still spend a lot of time in Goldenrod thanks to it's Game Corner, Haircut brothers, and large Poke Mart. It is also the hub for the Magnet train used to travel between Kanto and Johto quickly.

For grinding I spend a lot of time in Victory Road before facing the E4, and if I'm grinding for Red and sometimes even Blue, I rematch the E4 several times. Also the mart before the E4 is great for buying the best items needed for the later part of the game like Full Restores, Hyper Potions, and Max Repels.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I believe it was Goldenrod and Blackthorn. Goldenrod because there are so many things to do, and Blackthorn because I was obsessed with Clair/Dragon's Den lol.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • The Pokemon League building. It usually takes me a long time to beat them and the levels are still too low to consider training against wild Pokemon. I give all my money to Mom and fight the Elite Four over and over again until I win.

Years
  • Going to join the majority here. Goldenrod City was the main hub of the Johto region and the home of multiple important events and characters. Eevee was one of my favorite Pokemon since the earliest days of the franchise, and it can be acquired here. I also really liked the little bit with Sudowoodo and the pail. Made for an interesting obstacle to get past in order to progress!

Back