• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most worthless 4 gen feature

RTHookers

Banned
Years
  • Garchomp, The dragon trio. And Arceus THE STRONGEST POKEMON IN THE METAGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.... Perhaps some suck but still ARCEUS THE STRONGEST POKEMON IN THE METAGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Most worthless 4 gen feature

Yes you do. Deoxys-A is the strongest. inb4lookatbasestatsplz @ thanks.

I didn't like gen 4 too much. I only use it to battle online.

Years
  • In terms of my play style:

Sinnoh: the Pokemon Radar machine is never used by me
    HGSS: Game Corner - prizes are cheaper and easier to obtain via trade/GBA

I do still play Voltorb Flip on occasion.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^^ Me too. The voltorb flip imo was just a retarded decision that I don't think should be in black and white! I didn't even call it a game corner after that, it's more like a mini-fun zone.

Besides I always got pissed at how I could never tap 2 cards without getting a voltorb :P

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    contests
    voltorb flip
    slower loadin
    the over load of legends/events
    and the lack of fire/electric types
    oh and those worthless unneeded evolutions for previous gen pokemon except:
    gliscor,yanmega,weavile,glaceon,electivire,mamoswine&leafeon
    also porygon-Z

the rest were horrible -_-"

Zenius

GET SMASHED GATE CRASH
    Years
  • Most of the Poketch apps are borderline useless. Do you really need something to flip a coin for you? Also, in some places (at least in Platinum), getting on a bike can lag your game. And if you're in a city...oof.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Sinnoh. I like the idea of what it is based off of, and some of the cities are great (Snowpoint cities being one of the few I like), but the problem is the layout. I think Pastoria should be where Canalave is, Jubilife city should be where Veilstone is, Veilstone and Hearthome should be made into one and then placed where Floaroma is, Floaroma should be put in where the general vicinity of Pastoria and made into a port, and finally there should be another port on the west side to make up for Pastoria taking over Canalave.

Whew. That was a mouthful.

I's also say 50% of the crappy instrumental music needs to be tossed. And definetely different tilesets for D/P/Pt.

And did I mention Lickilicky? That was definetely one of the biggest fails of Pokemon. Rhypherior and Yanmega were alright, but not Lickilicky.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    most worthless:the rooms between the elite 4.it should be like hg/ss were u just go strait to the next room
    best:pokeradar because its so easy to find shinies

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • I'd say the 3d-ish part. (although "super" contests and poffins sucked) I noticed a bunch of little black lines flashing when I was just walking around. All the Pokémon games weren't 3D and they were just fine without it. They should have waited until HG/SS to come out with the 3D so it would have been done right the first time.

I also hated that when like, a level 100 Alakazam uses Psychic on a level 8 Gastly, and the HP bar slowly goes down. In Blue it would have flown down and be fainted in, like, 2 seconds? In DPPt it would be, maybe, 4-5 seconds to get it all the way down. >=C

And I WTFWJH when I saw that the Japs get a full game corner and we don't. Apparently the kids these days can't use a slot machine in a video game, but we could in every other Pokémon game.

Last edited:

Zenius

GET SMASHED GATE CRASH
    Years
  • And I WTFWJH when I saw that the Japs get a full game corner and we don't. Apparently the kids these days can't use a slot machine in a video game, but we could in every other Pokémon game.
    Apparently Nintendo thought it would be a bad influence on kids to give them simulated gambling. I call it being overprotective. They even got rid of all the trainers with the Gambler title!

(WTFWJH = "What the f***? What just happened?", right?)

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Apparently Nintendo thought it would be a bad influence on kids to give them simulated gambling. I call it being overprotective. They even got rid of all the trainers with the Gambler title!

Pretty ironic considering the gambling culture in Japan.

Back