• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most worthless 4 gen feature

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Your rival not being the champ grinded my gears i loved that in LG poffins are woefull

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • For me it would have to be poffins.

It's a matter of opinion, but Poffins are useful imo. They let you win contests to get ribbons (maybe you find them useless -- I like them, and it's very subjective!), plus you can't evolve Feebas into Milotic without increasing your beauty, which you have to do with PokeBlocks and/or Poffins.

Defog is awful. The fog condition is pretty to look at and that's about it. In-battle it's basically a joke of a move and the fog condition makes battling really annoying. >< So basically I agree with half of this thread...

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • 1. Distortion World.
    Hate it,and it propably takes many data of the game.
    2.Contests
    For me they are useless,they would be useful if you could get rare items or money of them.
    3.Safari Zone
    I hate Sinnoh Safari Zone,they could just extract the Great Marsh-exclusive Pokemon to routes.
    EDIT:
    And yes,how could i forget: Most poketch apps,especially Counter.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I was honestly satisfied by Gen 4, just the ultra slow surfing and waterfall was a total bother... no wonder there were a whole 3 water routes. I kinda liked contests, I was pretty good at them gg. I hated defog though, it was a waste of an HM so I never taught it and felt my way through the fog. Ammity square was also fun for a little, but then was very pointless. But all around found them to be good enough.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • I liked these contests better than Emerald's contests. I dislike poffins for the sole reason that I scratched my screen making them(I got a screen protector before it got bad, xD).

I disliked the whole dressing up/costume thing. And the extremely low amount of BP angers me greatly!

A few of the poketch apps made me kind of go 'wtf?' too, cos they were just worthless. Though I like the poketch alot. :P

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Most of the Poketech options were useless. Sure a few came in handy and were convenient, but the coin flipping app? Really? Can someone honestly tell me that they used that on a regular basis?

And yes, poffins are pure evil. </3

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I don't think the coin flipping app was intended to be used for this purpose, but it's actually used to waste away RNGs for DPPt RNG abuse. =P

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Adding the worthless HM known as DeFog... I mean really? make us have to waste another slot for a worthless move that you only really need maybe 3 times through out the game?

Dive was atleast worthy of something... it opened up new possibilities for exploration and encountering Pokemon under the sea...

Years
  • Adding the worthless HM known as DeFog... I mean really? make us have to waste another slot for a worthless move that you only really need maybe 3 times through out the game?

Dive was atleast worthy of something... it opened up new possibilities for exploration and encountering Pokemon under the sea...

I thought DIVE WAS SUPER AWESOME!!! lol so sad i lost my emerald version lol

Most of the Poketech options were useless. Sure a few came in handy and were convenient, but the coin flipping app? Really? Can someone honestly tell me that they used that on a regular basis?

And yes, poffins are pure evil. </3

i couldn't RNG without it =(

Last edited:

Bedazzled

Master of magikarp
    Years
  • I hate the rival person. seriously, they're so much weaker in d/p. in ruby I actually lost to mine a few times, but I beat my rival in diamond before the elite four with a level 30-32 snover. no potions. the only interesting thing is that whoever had my game first named the rival guy something similar to jerk. its so immature but kinda fun when you beat him. xD
    and with the poffins, I don't even know how to make them. pokeblocks were kinda fun to make because you could get all competitive about it towards the old guy. the pokemon that have to evolve with certain stuff are just wastes. I gave up on my riolu. =.=

defog is a fail. my hm slave knows it, and I only taught it that because i figured out there's hidden stuff in the fog. I want dive back though. that was such an interesting hm.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Has to be the contests D:

Also the fact that your rival is refered to as your freind

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    hum. I'm not a big fan of the contests.
    Some of the apps on the Poketech thingy. x)
    I didn't fancy most of the apps.

Years
  • wwwhhaaat?
    that thing basically made my garchomp !
    there's not unlimited trainers in DPPt, and I'm not one of those people who rushes into the Pokemon League with 5 lvl 40 pokemon and a legendary hoping to luck it out, and buys 100 full restores.

Anyway, the Poketch Apps were the most useless, they should have had mini games on the poketch, it was boring and lame

WHAT?! xDDDD The Poketch is a lot better than the stupid Pokegear from G/S... :D And about the Vs.Seeker thingy, OMG, what is that guys' problem?! xD jk jk I love the Vs. Seeker. The worst part about that game would have to be the cute park thingy in Hearthome. Just what?! I can't take my Eevee in and Eevee is WAYYYY cuter than Prinplup. :'(

Years
  • oh God what first?

- the poketch thing

- the pokemon themselves

- the music got very annoying after a while

- only one contest building
    -- the dress up thing
    --- the dancing

- you can only evolve pokemon at certain places

- the bad guys weren't that bad (not new, I mean look at gen 3... but what ever happened to the team rocket thugs that actually meant business?)

- the overall feel of the game

- the...everything else. sinnoh has to be the worst region (though I haven't played platinum, so I don't know what it's like... I hear it's better)

there's too many to name

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • Sinnoh Safari Zone was dreadful, it took the exploration element out of the other Safari Zones as you could just whizz about in a tram. Also, the Super Contests were made more hassle than they're worth; for a pretty pointless aspect of the game they sure did remove a lot of the fun of the Gen 3 contests.

Back