• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mother 'high on marijuana' drives with her baby on the roof.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • yeah... um... idk.

A Phoenix, Ariz., woman put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.
    Neighbors discovered the baby on the roadway, still strapped to his safety seat, which was lying on its side. Luckily, the baby was unhurt.

The baby's mother, 19-year-old Catalina Clouser, who allegedly had been smoking marijuana, was arrested and charged with aggravated driving under the influence and child abuse, police said.

"We believe that whatever she was under the influence of was the deciding factor in what did happen to this child and we're extremely happy that for the baby this turned out well and the baby is going to be OK," Officer James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Depart said.

Clouser, her boyfriend and their friends had been smoking marijuana earlier in the evening at a nearby park, but the boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of aggravated DUI when they went to a store — with the baby in the car — to get beer, according to police.

Upset that her boyfriend was arrested, police said, Clouser went to a friend's home and smoked more marijuana.

Clouser left around midnight and apparently put the sleeping baby on the roof of the car and drove off, forgetting he was there, and continued driving after the baby fell off the car, Holmes said.

Leilani Gerlach, a homeowner who lives across from the intersection, notified police after she and another neighbor saw the baby in the car seat on the street.

"We were both rolling our eyes in astonishment that someone could forget their baby," Gerlach said. "The car seat was turned to the side so anyone passing by wouldn't be able to tell there was an actual baby inside. Thank god they stopped."

After police arrived, two people walked up and told them the baby was Clouser's. As the officers talked to the two, who identified themselves as friends of Clouser and her boyfriend, the young mother drove up, police said.
    "[She] had gotten into her car, set the baby seat on top of the car and forgot that the child was up there. It does not appear that immediately she realized what happened," Holmes said. "I think that perhaps she got where she was going and realized that she did not have the baby in the car."

"There was damage to the car seat, it was scraped but there was no damage to the child," Holmes said.

The baby is now in custody of Child Protective Services.

link, although it's got an annoying advert and an equally annoying news reporter and not very much else.

the tl;dr of it is that, while high and possibly under the influence of something else, a 19 year old mother from Arizona was caught driving her car with her 5 week old baby on the top of it. She had apparently managed to 'forget' that the child was there, and was driving completely unaware. The baby's car seat, with the baby in it and unharmed, was found on an intersection.

So this is... different. Chat away.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Thank God the baby is alright. Shame on this mother though. I don't care whether she had been sober and forgotten the baby was there, that's just awful. I don't smoke myself and don't really know all too much about the effects of weed, but is her being high really the factor that made her forget her own child on the roof of her car? People can do that without drinking or smoking, so...idk. I kind of question that. Maybe it was her age. Them dang youngins.

Years
  • Ugh. This kind of story makes me feel like some people shouldn't have kids. But then who am I to tell people they can't have kids? I just wish people didn't have them so young before they're ready. Ugh. This is like watching natural disasters on a small scale.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ugh. This kind of story makes me feel like some people shouldn't have kids. But then who am I to tell people they can't have kids? I just wish people didn't have them so young before they're ready. Ugh. This is like watching natural disasters on a small scale.

I was initially going to post something like this. I don't think most pregnancies are really planned these days, especially when it involves young unmarried couples. So...I think it's safe to say she should have told her bf to back off that night and put on a condom or she should have gotten on birth control or something. Not being a parent myself, or a young parent especially, I guess I can't say much on that. But I really think it's just a careless age thing, not really the fact she was high. Like I said though, I'm not totally knowledgeable on the effects of weed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I get the same impression that the drugs were kind of incidental and that she's either regularly on drugs (and generally messed up) or that she's really irresponsible in general whether or not she has anything in her system.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think there's a big leap between being irresponsible and being so irresponsible that you've forgotten to take your baby off the roof of the car. I think the drugs in her system probably were the deciding factor here lol

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • weak people who use drugs as a solution to their problems can do more than just that cuz while they think they're solving their problems by this..they don't know that them is the main problem to themselves.

i see that as a sad funny story...you can say black sarcasm .... there is still worse

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • i see that as a sad funny story...you can say black sarcasm .... there is still worse
    I feel like this is yet another facepalm story. Although I hope the kid can read this one day and laugh at his dumb mom, who would probably be a responsible mom by then. Memories.

But yeah, weed can make you do **** like that~

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Thats just so horrible and irresponsible. She's a mother and supposed to know where her child is and keep them safe, not be doing drugs. People like this shouldnt be parents if they're going to behave like this. I wonder if she hadnt taken the drugs if this wouldve happened, some people are just irresponsible in general and drugs just add onto that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • How horrible, some people actually deserve to have their kids taken away from them...and it's these type of people...seriously doing drugs and taking a kid around with you...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I'm sure it was a combination of stress and her lack of responsibility that caused her to forget about the child, not the marijuana. I mean she's 19 w/ a child, and her boyfriend was just arrested for a DUI. Unless she's high all of the time, she clearly doesn't make the greatest decisions while sober.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    This girl is 19 years old and is a mother with a seemingly irresponsible boyfriend. I can imagine she's very stressed out in life and her mind is all over the place, and I attribute that to her forgetting her child was on the roof of her car, not the marijuana. However, I do believe that her being high on the drug caused her not to remember her child was on the roof. As a toker, my mind can only really be focused on one thing, especially if it's something like driving. I wouldn't drive after having smoked anyway, but if I had to, I would damn well be paying attention because getting pulled over or getting into an accident is the last thing I would want while baked.

Overall an idiotic thing to do. This girl's life is a mess and this just made things even worse.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Anyone else notice the other threads that deal with really messed up stuff like this. Such as...
    -Man stabs himself, throws intestines at police
    -Miami police shoot, kill man eating another man's face

And now this? Getting back on topic, it's good that the baby is okay. Irresponsible people make me sick.

Back