• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Motherhen Challenge!

girlslikegirls

gamer, book lover, geek-nerd extraordinar
Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    So I thought I'd post a quick update before my work week begins and I'm super busy again!

I've been playing the Motherhen challenge as often as I can, usually 2 - 3 hours at a time when I really should be in bed.

3 out of the 6 Pokemon on my team are fully trained! I'm using Special Attack moves for the most part, so that has been where my focus is with the left overs being added to HP.

Sernin evolved into Serperior! SO MAJESTIC AND PRETTY I'M SO HAPPY. I really wanna get an Everstone ASAP though because I wanna keep Pumpkaboo as ... well... Pumpkaboo. I really love this form and the more I think about it the less I want Pumpia to evolve.

I'm on track though; Sernin is at level 36 and is 4 levels away from being able to get me to the next gym! I'm still trying to figure out how I wanna post these updates, so any suggestions you guys have would be appreciated. I don't have time for much, but I thought I might put up something on Google Docs or Pages and link to the updated cards that way. Maybe I can do something that's like a Pokemon Trading Card, but using my BB's specific stats? IDK. I'm going to play around with it when I have time.

Either way, how are your guys updates going? I know you both have multiple challenges you're working on now! Jon, it definitely looks like you have an interesting Team going for Soul Silver! How about you Lrachelr5? Also, side note, but I realize I didn't actually catch what you preferred to be called. Do you like your username or Ziggy better?

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm doing my updates for my games. From here on I'll be doing my proper updates from the POV of my character and making it a kinda like a story
    Soul Silver Update
    Spoiler:

Diamond Update
    For my Diamond Update I will just be giving my team info for them as I have only recently finished hatching them and I only just started training them.
    Team
    Spoiler:

Years
  • So I thought I'd post a quick update before my work week begins and I'm super busy again!

I've been playing the Motherhen challenge as often as I can, usually 2 - 3 hours at a time when I really should be in bed.

3 out of the 6 Pokemon on my team are fully trained! I'm using Special Attack moves for the most part, so that has been where my focus is with the left overs being added to HP.

Sernin evolved into Serperior! SO MAJESTIC AND PRETTY I'M SO HAPPY. I really wanna get an Everstone ASAP though because I wanna keep Pumpkaboo as ... well... Pumpkaboo. I really love this form and the more I think about it the less I want Pumpia to evolve.

I'm on track though; Sernin is at level 36 and is 4 levels away from being able to get me to the next gym! I'm still trying to figure out how I wanna post these updates, so any suggestions you guys have would be appreciated. I don't have time for much, but I thought I might put up something on Google Docs or Pages and link to the updated cards that way. Maybe I can do something that's like a Pokemon Trading Card, but using my BB's specific stats? IDK. I'm going to play around with it when I have time.

Either way, how are your guys updates going? I know you both have multiple challenges you're working on now! Jon, it definitely looks like you have an interesting Team going for Soul Silver! How about you Lrachelr5? Also, side note, but I realize I didn't actually catch what you preferred to be called. Do you like your username or Ziggy better?

Lucy or Luce is fine. In terms of my Omega Ruby update, that is still the same, although Iron Lady, Basilisk, Kitsune and Thamill are all fully EV trained, but most likely not correctly seeing as I wasn't aiming to EV train them.

Breeder Riker's Progress
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

HyperJono

Years
  • Update on Diamond
    I'll be doing my updates in first person story in the form of a journal for Diamond and it will be tweaked a little to differ from game play
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Play time: 16:53
    During the later part of Diamond I am going to have to catch Pokemon that can learn Surf, Waterfall and Rockclimb as these moves are required to progress through the story.

Years
  • Username: LRachelR5
    Starting Team: Joltik, Eevee, Staryu, Growlithe, Gible, Oshawott
    Difficulty: Normal
    Game: Y
    I will be doing this at the same time as my other two challenges

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Time for the weekly update!

I'm just under halfway through the challenge now! I have the 3rd badge and a few of my Pokemon have evolved. I'm really excited for them, although I've given Pumpkaboo / Pumpia the everstone. I decided that as much as I like Pumpkaboo's evolution, I really prefer the un-involved form.

My Mink Cottonee is now at level 43. He knows Giga Drain, Fairy Wind, Energy Ball and Razor Leaf. Mink has good endurance and a bashful nature.

Sernin evolved into Serperior. He's at level 51 I reset his stats so I could retrain him. He knows leaf tornado, leaf blade, vine whip and giga drain. He's capable of taking hits and has a naive nature.

Foonias evolved into Amoonguss and is currently at level 42. They know absorb, clear smog, astonish, and synthesis. She has a bold nature and likes to relax.

Pumpia was given the everstone so she could remain Pumpkaboo as mentioned earlier. She has a serious nature and is strong willed. She knows the moves bullet seed, razor leaf, trick or treat, and shadow ball.

Snover is at level 38, knows the moves powder snow, icy wind, wood hammer, and razor leaf. He has a calm nature and is a little quick tempered.

Lilo is at level 44, knows the moves bubble beam, water sport, absorb and uproar. She has a bold nature and is strong willed.

HyperJono

Years
  • Update on my Soul Silver. Haven't made much progress since my last update of it.
    Team
    Spoiler:

Blackshade

Kitsune Masutā
    Years
  • FORUM USERNAME: Blackshade
    STARTING TEAM: Meowth,Riolu,Duskull,Dratini,Murkrow,Ralts
    GAME / VERSION: Platinum
    DIFFICULTY: Normal

Years
  • Pokemon Breeder Rydel's Progress
    Spoiler:

TEAM
    Spoiler:

I have to admit that there is something about my steel team that isn't appealing to me anymore, so I have decided to restart Omega Ruby with a new team of
    Swinub, Piplup, Mareep, Munna, Absol and Frillish on normal mode

Last edited:

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    FORUM USERNAME: Blackshade
    STARTING TEAM: Meowth,Riolu,Duskull,Dratini,Murkrow,Ralts
    GAME / VERSION: Platinum
    DIFFICULTY: Normal

Wanted to drop by and give a thanks for joining us! I know we seem a bit slow, but the challenge is still up and I'm definitely happy for any new participants! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Years
  • I am going to stop this challenge on Omega Ruby because I want to finish the game quickly in order to start some competitive stuff on this game

HyperJono

Years
  • I've decided to cancel the challenge I'm doing on my Diamond but I am still doing the challenge on my Soul Silver, I just haven't had been in the mood to play Pokemon last few weeks. There hasn't been any progress on my Soul Silver since I last updated

Duchevco

Rowlet/Drampa/Vikavolt/Salandit/Bewear/IceNinetale
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2016
    FORUM USERNAME: Duchevco
    STARTING TEAM: Darumaka, Growlithe, Ponyta, Fletchling, Houndour, Numel
    GAME / VERSION: Pokemon X
    DIFFICULTY: Monotype

Back