• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Motion Sensor Gaming

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
Years
  • we have all seen the Wii,Kinectic,and Ps3 move(which looks like a Wii knockoff to me...). I dont know about anyone else but when will this fad end?!? Im so sick of it I dont want to actually exert myself everytime I wanna play Streetfighter or somethin. If I wanted to move I would go outside, I just wanna be a ouch potato and button mash on my xbox controller.
    Is that so wrong...

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    im hoping the fad will end soon as well, it is good for some games but not all, case and point trama center fun for motion controll, but kill zone 3 with motion controll? really ?

i think we should get out side more and get some sun the natural way and some exersize as well but thats just my opinion.

Years
  • I hate how the industry is going towards this motion controlled direction.
    I do not want to get home and have to jump around and look like an idiot to play a game.

I like the typical controller, I like to sit down and not have to move more than my hands and that is that. I don't want to be the 'controller' because it is all just a gimmick.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Although I don't own a Wii myself, I don't actually mind motion controllers. It can offer a better experience and improve some games(if given the option), and I don't mind exercising in a game. I never got why some people thought video games and physical activity have to be mutually exclusive.

And I might as well point out that a motion controller was shown in a Sony press conference in 2000.

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I, personally, hate the whole of motion gaming. It's nothing but a gimmick, imo. It has been around longer than you think, may I remind you of the Powerglove? Anyways, I wish they would put more emphasis on the hardware capabilities, instead of these stupid gimmicks. I feel the same about 3D, which looks like it may be the next big fad...

Years
  • I find it kinda annoying, cuz I seems like more future games will all be motion controlled. It's annoying having to shake and jump all over the place every time you play a game. >.> I prefer simply playing with a controller. THAT'S IT. No jumping and flipping and... kicking (OK, I'm not sure about the flipping, but you get the point 3:<).

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well I really don't mind motion gaming, sweeties. However it does kinda bug how some games tack in on which makes it feel like I have less control then I should.

I just have a gripe with Kinect. Mostly because it pains me to see my paraplegic gamer friend just sitting there while his little sister asking me "Why won't Kinect let him play?"

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • we have all seen the Wii,Kinectic,and Ps3 move(which looks like a Wii knockoff to me...). I dont know about anyone else but when will this fad end?!? Im so sick of it I dont want to actually exert myself everytime I wanna play Streetfighter or somethin. If I wanted to move I would go outside, I just wanna be a ouch potato and button mash on my xbox controller.
    Is that so wrong...

...Kinect? Okay.

I don't mind motion controls, I actually enjoy them, so long as there's a controller to use because I have a button fetish like mashing buttons. And least the Wiimote and Move are controllers, Kinect is just jumping around like a dumbass, which I don't want to do. So I am fine with the motions. At least Nintendo and Sony kept the control in the term controller. Sorry, Microsoft. I don't have buttons, therefore I am not a controller.

I just have a gripe with Kinect. Mostly because it pains me to see my paraplegic gamer friend just sitting there while his little sister asking me "Why won't Kinect let him play?"

Aww. :( And then we have this problem. We can't advance to this level, because we're cutting out people that don't have the ability or the strength to do what Kinect promotes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually like motion sensor gaming because it gives your body a workout whenever you play. I think the Wii was made so that people could move around and do a bit of exercise as they play.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
  • I, personally, hate the whole of motion gaming. It's nothing but a gimmick, imo. It has been around longer than you think, may I remind you of the Powerglove? Anyways, I wish they would put more emphasis on the hardware capabilities, instead of these stupid gimmicks. I feel the same about 3D, which looks like it may be the next big fad...
    Agreed. Or it's just me not seeing the charm. Well I have a PC (might be it) and prefer M+K over everything.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Just an attempt to innovate. I like to think of gaming as a chance to relax after a hard day, but they're just trying to make it more family oriented.. I guess we'll just have to stick it out until the fad ends.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I think it may become a standard type of control in future video games, but I have no doubt that we'll be keeping our stick-button-and-trigger controllers as well. There are some truly good things to do with motion sensors, though from what I've seen, rather fewer than standard schemes. Kinect may have more of a future in public computers and other areas than in video games. There's only so much you can do without a D-pad.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It's not a fad. Motion controls are the future of gaming.

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
  • I don't like it, but I don't hate it, either. Most, if not all of us, like our normal controllers with joysticks, but motion sensor games are nice, and some are of good quality like Police 911 (in my opinion).

Back