• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mouse Randomly Stops Working

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    So I got myself a new mouse a few weeks ago for my new computer for about £15 and it works really well when it wants to. I have a issue with it where it keeps on losing power and stops working. Sometimes the laser at the bottom of it will stay on, and sometimes it will not.

What's strange is whenever it d/c's it doesn't make the notification sound and just stops working. Sometimes when I plug it in again, it will start working like nothing happened, but sometimes I get a notification that a USB device has malfunctioned and it doesn't work.

I have tried all the USB ports on my computer and the same issues occurs, plus the disconnection issue also appears on my laptop. The keyboard I have works perfectly so there are no issues with my computer's USB ports. It's a really nice mouse (Trust GXT 25) but the disconnecting issue is really a pain and I don't want to buy a new mouse.

For reference, here are my PC's specs:
    HP Pavilion Elite HPE-495uk
    Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz
    8GB PC3-10600MB/sec RAM
    NVDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB VRAM
    2 TB 7200RPM HDD
    Windows 8.1

Years
  • Have you checked to make sure there's nothing blocking the signal. Your computer can be a big signal blocker if the mouse is on one side and the dongle on the other. Phones can also cause interference. Wireless mice can be quite sensitive to interference generated by other devices.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Have you checked to make sure there's nothing blocking the signal. Your computer can be a big signal blocker if the mouse is on one side and the dongle on the other. Phones can also cause interference. Wireless mice can be quite sensitive to interference generated by other devices.

My mouse is wired so there is no interference.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • could be something a little loose inside the mouse. do you still have the receipt? you should be able to return it for another one, since it's faulty

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Get the mouse replaced - it seems like it's the mouse that's the broken part.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    could be something a little loose inside the mouse. do you still have the receipt? you should be able to return it for another one, since it's faulty
    I don't have the receipt, so I'll just replace it with some birthday money. I can hold on for 2 weeks.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think it might a good idea to make a mouse suggestion thread at this point, since, well, you might want to have something better than basic functionality, no?

Years
  • Just want to make sure.. but have you tried using the mouse on other devices with a similar problem? If not, then it's definitely the mouse at fault. What mouse model are you using?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Just want to make sure.. but have you tried using the mouse on other devices with a similar problem? If not, then it's definitely the mouse at fault. What mouse model are you using?

Trust GXT 25. I have tried it on my laptop and the problem also occurred. What's strange is that it's works perfectly now; might be because the connector is dusty. If it does break I'll just replace it with the same model as I like it so much (cannot live with a mouse which doesn't have aDPI switch). I am open to requests so will make a mouse recommendation thread.

Back