• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Move Party HP Text

Years
    So im trying to move the hp text below the bar because....Well I like long names :P

Move Party HP Text

I dont know much about scripting at all but i think im supposed to edit this?

Move Party HP Text

Normally I'd just tweak the x and y axis numbers but I have no idea what the ''% 3d/% 3d'' stuff is... Anyone able to help?:P

Attachments

• Move Party HP Text
      2.PNG
      23.7 KB · Views: 9
    • Move Party HP Text
      Capture.PNG
      14.1 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Online now
    The elements in the string (the pink text within the quotation marks) is what is actually displayed on screen. Each element in the string gets the text that it should display from the arguments that come after it. So the first element (%3d) displays whatever the first argument is (@pokemon.hp, in this case), and the the second element of the string (another %3d) displays whatever the second argument is (@pokemon.totalhp). So what ends up being displayed (using Waspear from the image as an example), is "62/ 90".

The following arguments in this line of code (the ones after the first closed parenthesis) determine the position of the text, and its color. The first argument (320, in this case) determines its X axis coordinats, the second determines its Y axis coordinates, and the third number determines how the text is aligned on screen (0 = to the left, 1 = to the right, 2 = centered). Then the final two arguments determine the text's base and shadow colors.

Hopefully you can figure everything out from that.

Years
    The elements in the string (the pink text within the quotation marks) is what is actually displayed on screen. Each element in the string gets the text that it should display from the arguments that come after it. So the first element (%3d) displays whatever the first argument is (@pokemon.hp, in this case), and the the second element of the string (another %3d) displays whatever the second argument is (@pokemon.totalhp). So what ends up being displayed (using Waspear from the image as an example), is "62/ 90".

The following arguments in this line of code (the ones after the first closed parenthesis) determine the position of the text, and its color. The first argument (320, in this case) determines its X axis coordinats, the second determines its Y axis coordinates, and the third number determines how the text is aligned on screen (0 = to the left, 1 = to the right, 2 = centered). Then the final two arguments determine the text's base and shadow colors.

Hopefully you can figure everything out from that.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it.

I actually did try to change those numbers first but nothing happened in-game. It did work this time so that's great! I bet I just forgot to apply the changes in the script editor again or something *sigh*.

In hindsight, I Have no idea why I thought this would solve the problem. Only the uppermost will be able to support longer names this way. Made it only display max HP for now even though it looks kind of cursed :P

Last edited:
    Back