• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves a Pokemon can learn that will do it no good

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Ground type pokemon that have Mud Sport. What's the point? Why do they need to weaken an attack that does absolutely nothing to begin with?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I was once using a Flareon against a grass type, and the thing used Sunny Day. I was like, "Oh... alright, thanks!" Haha. Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Mud Sport, Water Sport, etcetera don't make any sense when learned by Pokémon that don't need them. Especially when the move works against them (Pikachu using Mud Sport, for example).

Grass types can have abilities that activate in the sun (Flower Gift, Chlorophyll, Leaf Guard) plus Solarbeam only takes one turn in the sun.

Mud Sport and Water Sport are useless moves on anything. The only Pokemon that use them are Pokemon that are resistant or immune to the attack type it weakens. And even if it could be learned by other Pokemon that would benefit from it, there are better moves to defend yourself with.

Years
    [SIZE="a"]I think it falls into this thread, but I hate how Gliscor is such a BA looking pokemon that is depicted levitating and is a flying type, but cant learn it[/SIZE]

Back