• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves/Abilities/Pokemon You Wished Existed

Dalekhater

Cool Trainer
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    If you could add any move, ability, or Pokemon to any of the games, what would it be?

Personally, I'd like to have a sprite-less Pokemon with an ability that let it randomly transform into any Pokemon with a random moveset of that Pokemon. I'd call it 'Mutate'.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Porynoir

Cool like that...
    Years
  • Maybe a move called Freezer Burn, it has a 50/50 chance of either burning or freezing.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • But would it be Ice or Fire type? ;o

Ummm I wouldn't want this now, but when I was a kid, I made up a move specific to Umbreon. It was a physical attack called Multi-Ear. Umbreon's ears glow in a multitude of colors, mesmorizing the foe and then Umbreon strikes with its ears. Base power of 70 with 30% chance of confusion. Not a very good move, but better than what most 8 year olds could come up with I think! Hm. Maybe I still kinda do want this move...lol.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Here's some Pokemon I made up. Though, let me say that the reason all of them have a purple "G" on them is because it was for a fanfic about Genesect being like the omnitrix from Ben 10, allowing Genesect to transform into a plethora of aliens

And yes, I'm fully aware Thermaviper and Phantasight are 11 chars ;3;

Spoiler:

Years
  • I've always honestly wanted to see an ultimate move for each type similar to the ultimate moves each starter got in Leaf Green and Fire Red.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • An ability I'd like to see is "Flame Restore." Similar to Poison Heal, this ability will recover 1/8ths of the user's HP steadily instead of inflicting damage. It also allows the user to bypass the Attack-lowering effect of being burned.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    I had an idea for a ghost move called spook when I was young.

Type: Ghost
    Name: Spook
    Category: Physical
    Power: 70
    Accuracy: 100
    Note: May cause foe to flinch

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
  • For some reason, I thought of a Fire/Water type that looked like a blue and orange shark with a sun shaped dorsal fin and lower tail fin.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I wish for an ability that when the polemon gets switched out, the one replacing it gets its highest attribute boosted slightly. I'd call that Cheer.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's still my hope that a Fire/Water type will eventually appear in the games. Hopefully not as a legendary Pokemon, though I guess I can't really think of such a type existing in the wild. In any event, it would probably end up being my favourite Pokemon ever, just for the juxtapositional elements involved.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    It's still my hope that a Fire/Water type will eventually appear in the games. Hopefully not as a legendary Pokemon, though I guess I can't really think of such a type existing in the wild. In any event, it would probably end up being my favourite Pokemon ever, just for the juxtapositional elements involved.

A Flamingo would be a perfect species for the type combo.

Here are two moves I came up with:

Firestorm Wall
    Type: Fire
    Category: Status
    PP: 10

Description: Charizard's new signature move, where user becomes immune to Rock-type attacks (including Stealth Rock) for five turns. Switching does not cancel the move, and any turns using a different Pokémon does not count towards the five turns for the move.

Color Beam
    Type: Varies
    Category: Special
    Base Power: 120
    Accuracy: 85%
    PP: 5

Description: Type varies on the color category of the user, following this pattern:
    • Red - Fire or Dragon
    • Blue - Water or Ice
    • Green - Grass or Bug
    • Yellow - Electric
    • Brown - Ground or Fighting
    • Pink - Poison
    • Purple - Psychic or Ghost
    • Gray - Rock or Steel
    • White - Normal or Flying
    • Black - Dark
    Any color that can be two types would have a 50% chance of being either type.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • https://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/Unused-type-combinations-Gen-V-189564617
    A list of currently unused combinations to spark some ideas :P

Hopefully not as a legendary Pokemon, though I guess I can't really think of such a type existing in the wild.

Why not? Imagine any kind of fish that produces heat in any way.
    Why is Water/Fire such a weird one for everyone? Fire combined with Ice is the actual contradiction for example. Or Normal/Ghost.

Personally, all my concepts and ideas, I put into my fakemon. So why write down what can be seen:
    https://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/gallery/10575655

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I though up of two moves that would be a combo hit.
    Frostnip would be a weak ice type move that does little damage (maybe 20 or 30 base power) but Frostbite would be a move with 150 base power, usable only after Frostnip or if the defending Pokemon was Frozen.

For Frostnip it would have some effects of using it; The inflicted pokemon would be unable to be hurt by fire attacks and ice attacks (other than Frostbite)
    it's based on the actual medical conditions
    Long-term insensitivity to both heat and cold can sometimes happen after suffering from frostnip.
    from wiki that describes the first stage of Frostbite (aka frostnip)

Years
  • Back when I was 10 or so, I invented a whole Pokedex for my own region, complete with starters and legendaries. It's long gone, of course, as I'll be in college before too long, and most of it wouldn't be relevant to modern games. However, some of it would be:

-There was a Fighting/Flying Pokemon, since just about every other type had been combined with Flying. It looked like Gligar but cuter and a little Cheshire Cat-like.
    -Speaking of unusual Flying combinations, there was a pre-evolution of Skarmory.
    -Same with Heracross.
    -And Miltank (they really should do this one, since Tauros is considered a male version of Miltank and there's no baby form that can evolve into either of them).
    -Sudowoodo, too, but Bonsly was invented before too long. It didn't look as cool as mine, though.
    -There were many more forms of Eevee: one for each type that hadn't been covered by 2nd-gen. I still like the idea of a Bug- or Dragon-type Eeveelution. There was also a ???-type one with a very minimalist design. It could only learn Curse. This wouldn't be one to put in a real game.
    -There was a microscopic virus-like Pokemon. It was Poison-type, of course, and it had a height of 0'0" and a weight of 0 lbs.
    -Conversely, there was a huge Ghost Pokemon; it was about twice as big as Wailord.

Anyway, for ideas that I had years ago, they've held up pretty well and would still probably be better than most of what Nintendo'll end up designing in the future.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I was actually thinking of a move called elemental sword (probably for Keldeo?). The move would change types and secondary effects every time it was used.

Base Power : 80
    Special Move

Fire - Burn 20%
    Water - Sp. Atk (I) 30%
    Grass - Sp. Def I 30%
    Electric - Par. 20%
    Rock - Stealth Rock activate (A) 20%
    Ground - Spikes A 20%
    Poison - P. Spikes A 20%
    Bug - Poison 20%
    Dragon - One-Hit KO 10%
    Psychic - Confuse 20%
    Dark - Flinch 20%
    Normal - Attract 20%
    Ghost - Sleep 20%
    Steel - Def I 30%
    Fighting - Atk I 30%
    Ice - Freeze 20%
    Flying - Speed I 30%

Learnable Pokemon:
    Keldeo, Shaymin (probably will be banned w/ serene grace ;)), Three Muskedeers, etc......

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Made this move up as I was trying to replace 'spite' on Pokemon Emerald...

Name: Shadow Wave (From Pokemon XD)
    Type: Ghost
    Power: 60
    PP: 20
    Effect: 10% chance of causing Paralysis.
    Description: The user user lets loose a chilling shadow around the foe, may cause paralysis.

Its basically a Ghost type Dragonbreath.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I wish we had a BP 120 move for every type. I mean we just got hurricane in bw but we still need some for steel, ghost and dark types and a couple more.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • I want to see some new types
    We all want to see the generic "light" type,but what about the
    "nuclear" type- strong against normal, dragon , and steel
    And
    "sound" type- plenty of pokemon can have this
    Just to name a few
    -clefable line
    -chimecho line
    -exploud line
    -krickutune line
    -audino
    Some more but i cant remember please add to it if you can

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    It would be really cool if there was an ability that could allow a Pokemon to move faster than their opponent at the cost of some HP or Stats. That would give an edge to slow pokemon like Torterra and Tyranitar tow awesome Pokemon who are downgraded by their slowness.

Back