• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokemon should have, but don't?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Title says it all. Post your thoughts on what moves you think Pokemon should have, but don't? I'll start with...

Snorlax ~ Slack Off

The new and improved Curselax. Out of all the Pokemon that do have Slack Off, Snorlax doesn't. XD

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Hitmontop- Brick Break. Really now? I was fairly dissappointed in HG when my Hitmontop couldnt learn Brick Break through the TM.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I always thought Persian should have access to Crunch and the elemental fangs.

Oh yeah, and Electivire and Luxray with Volt Tackle - two Pokemon that could really make good use of that move.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Speaking of Persian, it should be able to learn Pay Day instead of me having to train Meowth more

Ayselipera

Diglett and Ingrain, I mean, its in the freakin ground, lol.

EDIT: I was bored, lol.

Well that's true, but ingrain is a move that requires laying down roots to absorb nutrients. I'm pretty sure Diglett is based on a common mole not any sort of plant life.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Oh yeah here are a few:

Dragonair should be able to learn aireal ace. It could land a clear hit with the horn on its head. (TM)

Gyarados should be able to learn fire fang, seeing how its "considered" a dragon, and it also learns ice fang through level up. (flamethrower really doesnt suit Gyarados)

Pidgeot and close combat. IM MEAN COM'ON! They gave close combat to Staraptor! So why not Pidgeot? (Pidgeot can learn brave bird just like Staraptor, but you have to breed to get it)

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    if dodrio can fly, why cant all those other flying pokemon? like gliscor! seriously his big enough and he can fly anyway.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    As a laugh i used my action replay to teach my typhlosion on Diamond Energy ball....
    ya he owns everything with that, Typhlosion should learn that one single grass attack
    cuz hes just so beastly with energy ball (plus doesnt energy ball say its made from sunlight or something, shouldnt anything that learns sunny day learn it ;) )

The Red Chain

if dodrio can fly, why cant all those other flying pokemon? like gliscor! seriously his big enough and he can fly anyway.
    Actually Gliscor cannot fly.. he glides. >:
    Gliding just isn't the same and requires a very specific wind current.
    The rest of the birds can take off at any time. Gliscor does not have the same luxury.

I wish, unfortunately this will probably never happen, due to the move being made for Pikachu. I don't think any other Pokemon is getting it.
    Yeah it's a species specific move just like Poison Tail for Seviper.
    Only Seviper can breed it's move onto Ekans while Pikachu's move stays with the Pikachus. :x

Last edited:

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    the one that bugs me the most is how the whole pidgey line cant learn peck or drill peck, like come on, it clearly has a beak and can use it for anything, if nidoran and goldeen learn peck and dont have a beak, then pigeot should as well, at least having the required structure to perform it :P

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Starly also can't learn Peck. I was playing through Platinum for the first time, training my Starly and before I knew it, it had Wing Attack and not Peck!

Years
    Yup.

Pidgey's line needs Peck at least. I mean, it's only STAB until Wing Attack, at lv.30+, is Gust!

It also needs Close Combat. It'd be the bulky Staraptor :D

Flareon- Elemental Fangs.

Gyarados- Elemental Fangs

Feraligatr- Thunderpunch. Water conducts electricity, right?

Bidoof- Aura Sphere. They cheapened Lucario's signature move, by giving it to Togekiss + Legends, why not just teach it to every pokemon?

Tolomer

(っ・ ω・)っ≡≡≡≡≡? ??≡≡≡З Σ(゜Д゜;|||)
    Years
    Lunatone and Solrock can't actually learn Moonlight and Morning sun.

FFFFFFF-----

Back