• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves that you are fear of?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Moves that you fear of?

We have moves that we love, but we also have moves that we are afraid of or even hate at.

Topic:
    Which moves are the ones that you hate/afraid of? Why?
    *Reasons can be also not in-game related,
    for example one might be scared from ghosts
    they could say that Shadow Sneak creeps them.

Brave Bird, Close Combat, Flare Blitz are generally moves that I am afraid of,
    since my Pokemon are not bulky or classified as tank,
    they could not stand these moves.
    Whenever NPCs from various Battle facilities,
    Pokemon League or even some minor NPCs use those moves,
    it's like game over for me.

Trick Room is also one particular moves that I hate seeing,
    when bulky Pokemon, like from the opposite team using it,
    my winning percentage drops drastically for a sudden.

Last edited:

Riv

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    When I'm challenging a Wobbufet and it uses Mirror Move. I don't know why, but I always die by that ****er.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Flipping, Air Slash. I hate that move. In Black 2 it felt like that 30% chance of flinching was at least 70%.

Then Confuse Ray, Sand-Attack, Hypnosis and Attract. I dread those moves passionately.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Flipping, Air Slash. I hate that move. In Black 2 it felt like that 30% chance of flinching was at least 70%.

Then Confuse Ray, Sand-Attack, Hypnosis and Attract. I dread those moves passionately.

Strangely my Togekiss (with Serene Grace) haven't deal any flinch with it's Air Slash to any opponent it faced. Maybe it was not aiming for the horn, I suppose. {XD}

I'm surprise that Double Team was not included, considering you had Confuse Ray, Sand Attack and Attract included.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I'm surprise that Double Team was not included, considering you had Confuse Ray, Sand Attack and Attract included.

I thought it necessary to list as Sand-Attack is basically Double-Team, they both make it hard to hit your target, especially when used in succession .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Sand attack and Confuse Ray cos those are always annoying.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Swagger.

And maybe Supersonic, because it has 100 base accuracy.
    And all the minor status problem inducing moves (wrap, fire spin, whirlpool, sand tomb etc.)

Years
  • Anything with guaranteed volatile status conditions (paralysis, sleep, poison, confusion, infatuation, etc.) and 100% accuracy.

Or anything that lowers accuracy.

As for out-of-game reasons, I have no actual gripes with any moves (mostly because I'm under the assumption that these moves won't happen from Pokemon IRL). I suppose if I had any moves to fear the most, they would be: Hurricane, Twister, Inferno, Earthquake, Fissure, Sheer Cold, Blizzard, Sunny Day (yes I hate the sun I know I'm cruel :<)...basically anything having to do with natural disasters and/or crazy weather. Oh, and Guillotine. I kinda want to keep my head.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Swagger. Why must it always be used on my special sweepers? The ATK boost always seems like a kick in the teeth more than anything, haha.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • There is no moves that I'm afraid of as such.
    But moves like Double Team, Minimise, Protect.. Or moves such as Hypnosis or Sing Really Annoy me.

Any moves that actually deal damage are fine with me because i have a really great team that can pretty much handle anything.. BUT SAND ATTACK?@?!?!?@!!
    Keep your Pidgey away from me.

Moves that you are fear of?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Anything with guaranteed volatile status conditions (paralysis, sleep, poison, confusion, infatuation, etc.) and 100% accuracy.

Or anything that lowers accuracy.

As for out-of-game reasons, I have no actual gripes with any moves (mostly because I'm under the assumption that these moves won't happen from Pokemon IRL). I suppose if I had any moves to fear the most, they would be: Hurricane, Twister, Inferno, Earthquake, Fissure, Sheer Cold, Blizzard, Sunny Day (yes I hate the sun I know I'm cruel :<)...basically anything having to do with natural disasters and/or crazy weather. Oh, and Guillotine. I kinda want to keep my head.

I have to agree, particularly Fissure and Guillotine... It's kinda scary.
    In 3D games like Revolution, Fissure makes a big crack. then the opponent's Pokemon is implied to have fell in the pit.
    As for Guillotine, it was even creepier on older 3D games... Disturbing and to be fear of indeed...

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
    Years
  • There is only two moves which I am 'scared' of - Swagger + Foul Play. It can destroy a team in 12 turns, if you have the right Pokémon/stats.

Sirfetch’d

Trick Room. On my competitive teams, I usually used a fast paced team and as soon as I see the opponent is using a Trick Room team I get scared. That move completely kills my strategy and I can never seem to counter it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • In-game: Moves like Sand-Attack and Growl which lower your stats because the AI is a master of trolling. Also Attract, because unlike Confuse Ray, infatuation doesn't wear off, and thus might make me attack once in 10 turns or something. Speaking of confusion moves, they are also annoying, because the probability to hit yourself is actually higher than 50% in my experience.

Competitively: ****ing Substitute. That move's so annoying especially on walls. It prevents me from using Toxic on that wall and destroying it, and it's also annoying on some sweepers like Kyurem-B because they force a lot of switches and thus take advantage of that and set up a sub.
    I don't like facing Draco Meteor either, because while it's my favorite attack in the entire move because of how it looks, huge base power and Dragon-typing, it's not fun to actually face it. The reason is because I don't really like using defensive steel-types or Blissey.
    U-turn and Volt Switch are also annoying, but if I have a Ground-type that's not a big deal. In Ubers, Kyogre's Water Spout is extremely powerful so it is a bit annoying to deal with and forces you to run Palkia.

Years
  • Trick Room. On my competitive teams, I usually used a fast paced team and as soon as I see the opponent is using a Trick Room team I get scared. That move completely kills my strategy and I can never seem to counter it.

This. I always dread moves like these because they destroy my chances of winning if I have no slow Pokemon and it's so hard to counter.

And obviously moves that inflict status conditions, flinch, and mess with evasion and accuracy. Double Team is just the bane of my existence on the battlefield.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    This. I always dread moves like these because they destroy my chances of winning if I have no slow Pokemon and it's so hard to counter.

And obviously moves that inflict status conditions, flinch, and mess with evasion and accuracy. Double Team is just the bane of my existence on the battlefield.

I know the existent of Trick Room back in the early days of Diamond and Pearl,
    But the time I first experienced 'Trick Room Terror' was in Battle Arcade.
    I was not aware that the box symbol meant Trick Room, plus I was quite curious about it.
    Then I handpicked that box,
    the moment when the host announced it was Trick Room event.
    You know the rest, what's more worse?
    I was suppose to battle the Arcade Star if I won that battle...
    From that moment on whenever someone uses Trick Room,
    I tend to panic inside and don't know what to do...

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • When someone in-game uses attract (Audino, I'm looking at you) I almost always miss my turn. Same thing with confusion.

Competitively I always get uneasy when someone uses swords dance or nasty plot because I know they're going for the sweep.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Any move that involves OHKO results...Horn Drill, Fissue, Sheer Cold, etc. I hate those moves and I am scared of them now than I was before. xD

Explosion and Self-Destruct are also moves that I don't like either.

Back