• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset for ninetales

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Hi guys, what is a good moveset for a ninetales and how should i spread out its ev values.

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 Spd / 104 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Substitute
    - Grudge/ Disable/ Spite/ HP Grass / HP Ice
    - Will-O-Wisp/ Hypnosis

I usually go FB/Sub/Hypnosis/Grudge. Hidden Powers are meh seeing Ninetales isn't much of a sweeper.

TwinScythe

-Fighting and Traveling-
    Years
    i carry disable>grudge to kill waters breaking my nice subs and the like but ingame purposes i wouldn't risk the accuracy

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Pax Deorum said:
    Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk) Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast Flamethrower
    - Substitute Confuse Ray
    - Grudge/ Disable/ Spite/ HP Grass / HP Ice /Safeguard
    - Will-O-Wisp/ Hypnosis

I usually go FB/Sub/Hypnosis/Grudge. Hidden Powers are meh seeing Ninetales isn't much of a sweeper.

i have a ninetales, and this in-game moveset has worked great for me.

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Tha Pkmn Prodigy said:
    i have a ninetales, and this in-game moveset has worked great for me.

Um, just to let you know that anything can beat the game. Just because you were able to do well in-game with that set doesn't mean its prefered.

Hamir, please ignore Tha Pkmn Prodigy and go with Pax Deorum's suggestions because they seem to make a lot more sense.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Flame Demon said:
    Um, just to let you know that anything can beat the game. Just because you were able to do well in-game with that set doesn't mean its prefered.

Hamir, please ignore Tha Pkmn Prodigy and go with Pax Deorum's suggestions because they seem to make a lot more sense.

this isnt a question of what is preferred, meaning what you want most, but a question of what works best. Pax Deorum did post a good moveset, but Hamir should look every possible good moveset for ninetales if he wanted to make the right decision.

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    That's why I posted the moveset with a variety of moves. You basically contradicted yourself.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

omg, Pkmn Prodigy actually suggested decent moves this time. =O

Still, when posting movesets, don't quote and edit another person's posts unless it is flawed. And Pax's moveset is just about perfect.

Also, Grudge IS one of Ninetales's best moves. It's the only real reason to use a Ninetales.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    The I would like to know why give Ninetales a Modest Nature when it'll never be a sweeper and Sp. Attack isn't its highest stat.
    The only reason you'd want to use Ninetales is her use of disrupting moves like Grudge, Disable etc. Wasting these moves on a useless Hidden Power when it isn't a sweeper is pointless.

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Calm or Timid IMO. Confuse Ray and Will-o-wisp criple the opponent. You can burn shuffle. It also cuts Attack so Ninetales is ok but better stats and movepool would be better.

Back