• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions (FAQ in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
  • when battling online why do levels get dropped to 50
    how does this affect my pokemon?

IIRC it's to prevent level creeping your opponent without forcing you to level your mon all the way to max, which would take extraneous amounts of time.

It affects your EV's so that each stat is raised by a point for every 8 EV's invested, with the first 4 providing a point as well.

Years
  • No im talking about ratings battle where my 100 level pokemon gets lowered to 50 and my level 35 stays the same
    How much strengths do my pokemon above 50 lose? I don't feel it's fair for trainers who raise pokemon so high to get hit with a handicap like that

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • No im talking about ratings battle where my 100 level pokemon gets lowered to 50 and my level 35 stays the same
    How much strengths do my pokemon above 50 lose? I don't feel it's fair for trainers who raise pokemon so high to get hit with a handicap like that

They don't lose anything at all. They retain their current move set when they level down to 50. As skyburial mentioned, the level cap is there to make it so that Pokemon above level 50 don't overpower other lower-level Pokemon. It's best to level up any Pokemon you want to use in online battles to level 50 as a result.

Years
  • Seems illogical
    Why not ban pokemon under level 50
    Don't seem fair that ppl who worked hard to get those high levels have to be lowered just because some trainers feel bad thier pokemon are weaker and don't wanna raise there levels
    Which is odd because one day all my pokemon through game play are hitting 60 with the exception for one which is 70

I am not trying to be mean in case im coming off that way
    It's just I don't get it

Years
  • How do you create a password to register for Showdown?

In the top right corner, click the gear. At the bottom of the dropdown that appears when you do this, there's an option that says "Register". Once you click this, it will ask you what you would like to set your password as, then you have to answer a really simple question. After doing this, you are good to go!

KinKage

Golden Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Arcanine?

I will be making an arcanine but cant decide on a build

I was wondering what nature is best as well
    Adamant, naughty, or naive

And what the ev spread should be:
    1. 252 spd and 252 atk
    2.252 hp and 252 atk

Moves most likely be:
    Espeed
    Crunch
    Iron tail/double kick/brick break
    Overheat

(btw its pokemmo so its only 3rd gen moves and physical/special split)

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Stat changes when Mega evolving

When you mega evolve in a battle, does the stat change immediately on the same turn?
    I have been using Mega Camerupt for my 60+ streak in Super Double and Super Triple battles, and I always protected first turn to set up trick room anyway; but now I am doing Super Rotation battles, and i am not using protect because i send out cresselia as my lead to set up TR, and if the stat changes right after evolving i shouldn't need protect on Camerupt.

Thanks in advance

srinator

Every stat except speed changes in the turn of mega evolving.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I will be making an arcanine but cant decide on a build

I was wondering what nature is best as well
    Adamant, naughty, or naive

And what the ev spread should be:
    1. 252 spd and 252 atk
    2.252 hp and 252 atk

Moves most likely be:
    Espeed
    Crunch
    Iron tail/double kick/brick break
    Overheat

(btw its pokemmo so its only 3rd gen moves and physical/special split)

Thanks!

Is this going to be for battling other players or just your in-game playthrough?

What does the rest of your team look like (and their builds)? Would you be open to a bulkier support set?

... fuck, I need to play that game again. I haven't gotten to explore the R/S patch yet.

Years
  • Anyone have some Emolga strategy? I really love Emolga and want to put one on a more fun competitive team. So you all know what I'm working with, I have a Timid Emolga with Motor Drive and Perfect IVs in HP, Def, Sp. Att, Sp. Def, and Speed.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I found this moveset from the Smogon website. The Utility Support moveset seems to be the best option.

Emolga @ Leftovers
    Ability: Motor Drive
    EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Tailwind
    - Encore
    - Volt Switch
    - Air Slash

You could replace Volt Switch with U-turn if you think your opponent will switch in a Ground-type, at the cost of less power, or you could decide to place Taunt or Roost in the final moveslot. Any Pokemon with high Attack or Special Attack stats will benefit greatly from Tailwind.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    What are some awesome Pokemon to use online in Pokemon omega ruby I want you to tell me what ability what item to give them and what moves (NO EV TRAINING)

Thank you in advance
    You liked this post

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2015
    wall EV spread help

hello all i was wondering why when i looked up ev spreads for pokemon it wants to give all 252 evs to one defense or sp.defense stat. why not try to balance the stats out so you can take a mixture of physical and special hits? what am i missing here?

Years
  • hello all i was wondering why when i looked up ev spreads for pokemon it wants to give all 252 evs to one defense or sp.defense stat. why not try to balance the stats out so you can take a mixture of physical and special hits? what am i missing here?
    For some pokemon, they usually don't need to worry about both types of moves hitting them.

They might have a higher defense or special defence and so most or all of the possible EVs go to the weaker stat.
    Or, you might be better making a good stat that much better by maxing out on that instead, then balancing out the HP EVs with the other defensive stat.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • hello all i was wondering why when i looked up ev spreads for pokemon it wants to give all 252 evs to one defense or sp.defense stat. why not try to balance the stats out so you can take a mixture of physical and special hits? what am i missing here?

To add to what little brother said, it's better to max out HP first before going for the defensive stat of choice, as this adds to the Pokemon's overall bulk. Exceptions to this rule are Pokemon like Blissey and Wobbuffet, whose HP stats are gargantuan compared to their defenses; these Pokemon can afford to invest in both of their defensive stats heavily.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • What are some awesome Pokemon to use online in Pokemon omega ruby I want you to tell me what ability what item to give them and what moves (NO EV TRAINING)

Thank you in advance
    You liked this post

Why no EV Training? You'll be at a serious disadvantage if you don't EV Train your Pokemon.

Are you asking for Pokemon that are good enough to use without any EV Training?

What format are you going to be playing in? BattleSpot or Link Battle? Doubles or Singles?

You're asking us to do a lot for you here. Why don't you provide some of the Pokemon you've been running in-game and we can restructure a viable team around that?

Also a whole team would typically call for its own thread, this one is designated for improvement on a single set for a single Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Best Nature for Giratina (Origin Forme)?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, what the best nature for Giratina (Origin Forme) is? Thank you for your advice and input, it is greatly appreciated!!! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey everyone,

I was wondering, what the best nature for Giratina (Origin Forme) is? Thank you for your advice and input, it is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Origin Giratina is better off using physical sets, so Adamant is preferred. Mixed sets (which see occasional use) use Rash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back